It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb, Bomb, Bomb...Bomb Agrabah

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Poll: 30% of GOP voters support bombing Agrabah, the city from Aladdin

Not sure whether to laugh or cry here. Yes, yes, polls are...well...polls, but seriously? Why would anyone, not knowing what they were responding to, respond at all?

Is this a reflection of our level of ignorance? Inattention to world events? Detail? Logic?

Take solace, I supposed in the fact that 57% were undecided. And think about this next time you give too much credence to a poll.

Nearly one in every three Republican primary voters who responded to a recent poll said they wanted to bomb Agrabah, the fictional city in Disney's 1992 film Aladdin. Democrats polled were slightly less in favor of destroying the made-up place.

The company that commissioned the poll, Public Policy Polling, announced the Agrabah result in a tweet on Friday: "30% of Republican primary voters nationally say they support bombing Agrabah. Agrabah is the country from "Aladdin." [Source]

When not asked to comment, Donald Trump said, "In addition to bombing them, I will build a new air defense system against Agrabahian refugees and make Disney pay."

Public Policy Polling...The Entire Poll

Some other very interesting and maybe disturbing results in the poll as well.

ETA: I don't know why I picked this forum...it's sort of news, but I guess I figured it spoke more to how our education and media have failed us yet again. Or something.

This just in...

edit on 12/18/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It's official. Welcome to the United States of Idiocracy.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I blame Facebook, twitter, YouTube, the modern education system, meet the Kardashians, Kanye' West et al, Hollyweird and of course, political propaganda.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This is proof of only one thing... that polls are useless because many of those people questioned haven't a clue what they're deciding on.

My guess is the ones that voted for bombing Agrabah did so because it sounded Islamic and Trump has infuriated a lot of people about Islam lately. Thing is, had they been asked if they'd prefer to bomb Indonesia, there'd be damn few who'd agreed because few know Indonesia is a country populated with the most Muslims.

I'm glad almost 60% said 'not sure'.
Aladdin is safe.
edit on 18/12/15 by masqua because: grammar

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Abu's very scared though...news just in.

I don't even want to say this is embarrassing, but it speaks loudly as to the level of our conditioning.

a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yes. Dumbing down is real. We don't pay attention to the right things, pay half attention, aren't willing to seem like we don't know something.

Hmmm...Agrabah...sounds familiar and sinister...sure, why not bomb?

a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Take solace...take solace...57% are not sure!
edit on 12/18/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Seen this on fb earlier and shared it with others (some of them "repubs", some "dems")....

I said (and I'll say again)

"Truth is, Americans in general just like bombing the sh@t out of anything "brown"...or with some middle eastern sounding name. That's the truth.....

...and the MIC marches on.....and it won't stop.....
...but, "Don't be swayed by the partisan bs in this article.....19% of dems also said they'd bomb fiction land..."

War amongst the warhawks is ......enjoyable. Hell, they aren't "there"....
War amongst the warhawks is.....profitable. So, thus enjoyable. Easy, see

This is why we can't have nice things....or, in some cases, why some do indeed have nice things. Guess it's a matter of perspective and all that. Again

Idiocracy indeed.

People are scared of ISIS and I'm just over here like
.....this ilk is the type that scares the sh@t out of me!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

At least 57% said not sure, right? Call me optimistic but hell, I don't think 57% would even be able to find Agrabah on a map...oh wait hold on a minute!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I don't know how we are going to recover from all of this. The GOP (the Trumpkin sect, anyway) is becoming like the drunk uncle at a kid's birthday party. All of your friends will forever remember you as the girl with the stupid racist uncle.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I think it looks like this?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
This is proof of only one thing... that polls are useless because many of those people questioned haven't a clue what they're deciding on.

I think that's the opposite of useless. If my fellow country people are this uninformed, I want to know about it.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Seventy percent said either no, or not sure. I find that reassuring, actually.

Polls depend greatly upon the wording.

This particular poll was a trap. Nothing more.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Maybe they all confused it with Abu Ghraib? Am I being too apologistic?

link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I don't know how we are going to recover from all of this. The GOP (the Trumpkin sect, anyway) is becoming like the drunk uncle at a kid's birthday party. All of your friends will forever remember you as the girl with the stupid racist uncle.

Think blessing in disguise.

Ever the optimist, Jon.

link   
LOL

Public Policy Polling (PPP) is a U.S. polling firm based in Raleigh, North Carolina.[1] PPP was founded in 2001 by businessman Dean Debnam, the firm's current president and chief executive officer.[2]

PPP is described as one of the "most accurate" polling companies[3][4] and also as a "Democratic-leaning"[5] polling company because it polls only for Democratic and progressive campaigns and organizations on a private basis.

In addition to political issues, the company has polled the public on such diverse topics as the approval rating of God,[6] whether Republican voters believe President Obama would be eligible to enter heaven in the event of the Rapture[7] and whether hipsters should be subjected to a special tax for being annoying

DDD

Another credible Left Wing "source".

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Jonjonj

I think it looks like this?

Well that looks like a surefire relevant target, it got itself a crosshair an everythang!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

The wording was literally "Would you support or oppose bombing
Agrabah?". It's not very ambiguous. It's in the link.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Honestly, I thought more would be for it, why do I never get polled?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Not sure how a poll can be a trap. The other questions and results are pretty interesting as well.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I did once.

It was a call in show from a London radio show. They asked a series of rather loaded questions intended to showcase how stupid Americans were... This was just prior to Shock and Awe.

One of the questions was "Should Scheherazade be assassinated/killed?" Or words to that effect. My answer was "Only if she pissed off the Sultan by running out of stories."

Oddly enough, the interview "mysteriously" got cut off.

I have no idea whether it was a legit radio show, or not...but the questions were straight up ambush interviews.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Here, let me poll you.

Would you support or oppose bombing Agrabah?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join