It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By the Numbers: The real numbers of radical Muslims in the world narrated by Raheel Raza

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: Kapusta

Yes, US foreign policy has a major hand in the rise of radicalism, I'll yield you that point. But it has exposed the pernicious beliefs of hundreds of millions Muslims by casting it in the spotlight while doing so. Rather, the radicals have exposed themselves and Islam's pernicious beliefs. These are not small numbers.

I humbly disagree. I read a report on a study . (for the life of me i can't seem to find it , it was some time ago) that according to the figures that world wide their was roughly 30000 extremist actually taking part in fighting and terrorism. However we know that number ( if true) can and will rise.

I disagree that somehow the figures presented are accurate based of my own experiences. As a muslim of course .

I have met many many Muslims and to be fully honest i haven't met one ( in person ) who is of khuaraij ideology.

I have however fought them tooth an nail. Online etc.

They are their, they are real, and we need to deal with the problem at its foundation.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: FlySolo

Pretty vague, got a real number?

For a more indepth breakdown here is the actual survey results that the figures in the vid are taken from.

The opinions of muslims differ massivley dependant on nationalilty so giving such a broad generalisation is a little misleading in my opinion.

Also this is an american "think tank" and merely based on a questionaire.

Questionaires can use leading questions to genereate there chosen outcome, this may not be the case here but it is standard business practice so needs to be born in mind.

True, but can you prove that this is the case with this particular questionnaire? I wonder what ways you could turn "Do you believe apostates should be killed" in to a leading question.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454
Do you believe they should be killed? By whom? God?
Will you kill apostates?

Two different questions, but the fearful will latch onto the second one.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I completely agree. There are so many variables to consider. This would not meet the scientific standard of evidence.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Well, I would remind you that it's a big world and from your perspective it may not seem like such a high number.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Where are you getting "made up" numbers from?

We need to remember that numbers are just that sometimes-numbers.

Nine out of ten people use Pantene-but that survey was probably conducted in a small control group. If that survey was conducted in Somalia where fresh drinking and bathing water were more scarce than shampoo then the results would be quite different.

That's Trumps problem- He sees a few muslim extremists and believes they represent the religion as a whole.

When 8 out of 10 people say they would reccomend it to a friend then this does not give an accurate representation, the figure is decided before hand and they simply repeat the survey until they recieve the required numbers and use that survey as proof.

I have actually seen product packaging with similar claims manufactured months before the surveys were taken.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: infolurker

Pretty vague, got a real number?

For a more indepth breakdown here is the actual survey results that the figures in the vid are taken from.

The opinions of muslims differ massivley dependant on nationalilty so giving such a broad generalisation is a little misleading in my opinion.

Also this is an american "think tank" and merely based on a questionaire.

Questionaires can use leading questions to genereate there chosen outcome, this may not be the case here but it is standard business practice so needs to be born in mind.

True, but can you prove that this is the case with this particular questionnaire? I wonder what ways you could turn "Do you believe apostates should be killed" in to a leading question.

No of course I cannot prove it to be the case but have you read the whole results of the survey I posted earlier?

Have you checked the validity of the US company that was commisioned to undertake the polls?

Have you looked at the information in an informed and impartial manner?

Have you looked into who commisioned the polls in the first place and why?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Have you?
www.pewforum.org...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I know you're betting on the assumption I'm talking out of my ass and am too lazy to back up my threads. So, when I give you want you seek, will you stick around to defend why you're wrong?

Sorry I missed this earlier, not in the least.

I just thought it was a little on the high side thats all and remembered something a while ago about some studies that did not accuratley represent the truth, I thought it might have been based on those stats.

I did put a link up to the study this vid was made on if you want to take a look, it's a pretty interesting read although not as dramatic as a youtube vid with music and a muslim lady.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Have you?
www.pewforum.org...

Yep.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
How about we just say that its 'possible' these stats are or would be correct if all were asked.

To find out the truth... people would need to tell the truth and this is something rarely done and what is it they call it in 'Islam'?

Tell a lie to decieve the truth.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Here is a link to the actual survey conducted, it is quite a fascinating read.

I would be most interested as to any opinions anyone may have regarding it's structure. Link

Here are the figures regarding the sample groups surveyed.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I'm reading your stuff, especially the recent link with all the different types of questions. pg 219 is telling regarding death penalty for apostasy. Pretty high numbers as the map goes from SE Asia up to N Africa. No surprise, the ME is right in the middle there. Egypt is 88% in favor. People will say Egypt isn't in the ME but one would argue they're more Arab than African.

And moderates here in N. America say, meh Islam doesn't need reform while they kick back with popcorn for Sunday night football.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I'm reading your stuff, especially the recent link with all the different types of questions. pg 219 is telling regarding death penalty for apostasy. Pretty high numbers as the map goes from SE Asia up to N Africa. No surprise, the ME is right in the middle there. Egypt is 88% in favor. People will say Egypt isn't in the ME but one would argue they're more Arab than African.

And moderates here in N. America say, meh Islam doesn't need reform while they kick back with popcorn for Sunday night football.

Its actually your stuff, from the link you provided not me.

It's a pretty interesting read though, especilly the difference between cultures.

Do you not wonder what the questions that simply say "I am going to read you a statement" actually say though.

Do you not wonder about the validity of a door to door survey and giving the "right answers" might be?

Look at the argument at the moment about not appearing racist in the US, how many people answer a doorstep interview with there true feelings and how many answer with what they think is the safest thing to say?

Genuine questions here.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Decent questions but I think the answer to that may sway the results more in favor of extremism based on Muslim countries. In the west people may not be as honest about their hidden bigotry but in the East it might be the opposite way around. There might be some reluctance to not want to admit they don't approve of sharia law for example.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Decent questions but I think the answer to that may sway the results more in favor of extremism based on Muslim countries. In the west people may not be as honest about their hidden bigotry but in the East it might be the opposite way around. There might be some reluctance to not want to admit they don't approve of sharia law for example.

that was kind of my point, a reluctance to speak out against what is percived to be right and the small subject groups could quite easily give a very distorted view and the figures could be way off.

Still reading as a lot to take in, I expected more than yourself to proffer an opinion though, maybe reading into it is a lot hardr than watching a semi-sensationalist youtube vid?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
A sample size of 1500 out out of 1000000 is 0.0015%. Pakistan (185000000) is 0.000008108%. Not really representative is it.

You also need to look at the T-Test to show statistical significance between groups and these numbers are far too low.

"A t-test’s statistical significance indicates whether or not the difference between two groups’ averages most likely reflects a “real” difference in the population from which the groups were sampled."

Statistical Significance (T-Test)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

To me, the issue isn't so much that any particular fraction of a demographic can be defined as radical so much as as the problem with "progressives" who seem to refuse to acknowledge it at all. Yes, we all know white male mass shooting are, for the time being, a bigger problem. Not statistically larger than minority shootings, but progressives have never been great at fixing anything... let alone the the that needs fixing the most. But the SB terror attack isn't the 1st ISIS/Islamic terror attack here, and I'm not even talking about 9/11.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

that's seems more like a conservative philosophy to me. If other people treat me right, I will do the same. If they wrong me, I will do the same." You're paying people what they're worth.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Youd think that figuring out how many bad people are in a certain religion would be nearly impossible to figure out, but my bad im a liberal i have no clue.

Well now going by liberal 'logic' that says ALL gun owners are 'bad'.

That would make ALL muslims bad.

RIGHT ?

Not impossible at all.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join