It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By the Numbers: The real numbers of radical Muslims in the world narrated by Raheel Raza

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Hmm and what does the Spaniards decimating the South America and our current topic have in common? Could it be a religious rationale? I mean hey look at the destruction the Turks inflicted on Europe, a little nation ruled by a bloody leader put a stop to them at one point and the Polish knights had to save the city of Vienna from a Muslim invasion as well. Don't use history to make your point on the Muslim extremist issue because it just brings out history no one gets really taught about.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: FlySolo

Pretty vague, got a real number?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

You lead them to the water, but can you make them drink?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
As a "liberal mind", it doesn't bother me in the least. I don't live with fear holding my hand like most people who post nonsense about religions.
If other people treat me right, I will do the same. If they wrong me, I will do the same.

Did you know there is a variation of the "golden rule" in the majority of religions? I couldn't care less how many are "radical". Anyone hurts my family, they better take themselves out next.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Of course MUSLIM HERE!!!

Yes ISIS is a threat , extremism is a problem !

Islam does not need reform.

If their is any reforming to be done it needs to be done in the area of Khuaraij ideology. (extremist ideology )

But people need to understand also that the mjority of terrorism acts are also due to politics in every aspect as well.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Why am I not surprised. Only the Extremists ideology? So that's it? Conversation over?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Pretty vague, got a real number?

For a more indepth breakdown here is the actual survey results that the figures in the vid are taken from.

The opinions of muslims differ massivley dependant on nationalilty so giving such a broad generalisation is a little misleading in my opinion.

Also this is an american "think tank" and merely based on a questionaire.

Questionaires can use leading questions to genereate there chosen outcome, this may not be the case here but it is standard business practice so needs to be born in mind.

Link

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Those are some cute numbers, you must have forgotten that Muslims in Malaysia came out opposing isis and people using religion to kill in there name.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

Why am I not surprised. Only the Extremists ideology? So that's it? Conversation over?

You have to understand the history of khuaraij ideology to understand why it's not "Islam" that's the problem.

Most of their ideology consist of bid'ah (innovation of scripture) follwoing weak hadith and the list goes on.

But also these people act on political ideas under the banner of Islam as well.

Many things are at play . US middle eastern policy plays a roll in extremism. All these areas have to be addressed if we are to battle extremism.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Unless all muslims on this earth have answered the poll, your making assumptions.
edit on 17-12-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
ever Trump conveniently forgot the incredible devastation that the Spaniards wreaked on the native south Americans whose culture and communities were decimated-all we have left to remind us of there presence is their remarkable structures-all because of wealth which is something Trump knows all too well.

Why is that even a little bit relevant to the topic? Why not bring up the millions killed in the Chinese purges? Why not bring up the millions killed by Lenin and Stalin? Why not discuss the 8 million Jews dead in concentration camps? How about the millions killed by Pol Pot in Cambodia? And don't forget smallpox blankets! And why even bring up Trump?

You can always find some other atrocity in history, but the topic at hand here is the percentage of Muslims who approve of atrocities beforehand and how that may affect potential responses. We're not talking about what Spain did or the fact that the Vikings pillaged the English coastline killing all the men and raping all the women.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Yes, US foreign policy has a major hand in the rise of radicalism, I'll yield you that point. But it has exposed the pernicious beliefs of hundreds of millions Muslims by casting it in the spotlight while doing so. Rather, the radicals have exposed themselves and Islam's pernicious beliefs. These are not small numbers.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
NM was posted
edit on thThu, 17 Dec 2015 13:39:27 -0600America/Chicago1220152780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Unless all muslims on this earth have answered the poll, your making assumptions.

That's retarded. Polls are based on this niffty little thing called a percentage.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

That video sure brings home the truth.

I get what the woman in the video is saying regarding percentages!

We already have areas in Europe with 'Muslim' populations and they already go by their own rules in most of those areas... thats the first step.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Where are you getting "made up" numbers from?

We need to remember that numbers are just that sometimes-numbers.

Nine out of ten people use Pantene-but that survey was probably conducted in a small control group. If that survey was conducted in Somalia where fresh drinking and bathing water were more scarce than shampoo then the results would be quite different.

That's Trumps problem- He sees a few muslim extremists and believes they represent the religion as a whole.
edit on 17-12-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Its based off a percentage who actually took the poll, so if you were to equate that percentage to all if they were asked, that's what the percentage would be give or take a few million.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

More insults my friend, keep on proving me right.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Thanks for telling me what i already know.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Ya a percentage of people asked...

If i has 10 people a question and 8 people answer yes to something then I have an 80% approval...

That is a gross simplification but that is why it is important to know how many and how the question was asked.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join