It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By the Numbers: The real numbers of radical Muslims in the world narrated by Raheel Raza

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It's the second circle that worries me the most, as they try to gain political traction any opposition to them can be labelled as racist and islamaphopbia, even though western culture has 100% legitimate concerns about their perspective of the laws they want to pass, actually some of that I actually agree with, but I don't think anybody should be whipped stoned or killed because they choose another path, you know civilized thinking.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Hmm. Does anyone really know how these opinion polls are made ? Do they call people on the phone and ask them those questions ?

See,if i was a brainwashed terrorist/radiical living in France last thing i would do is to participate in a research about terrorism. I mean,how would a terrorist/radical know that the caller really is from PEW research and not an agent from French Intelligence setting him up? I' m not trying to derail this thread or anything,just asking an honest question because peoplreon here are quite found of PEW research. Thanks in advance

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

Hmm. Does anyone really know how these opinion polls are made ? Do they call people on the phone and ask them those questions ?

See,if i was a brainwashed terrorist/radiical living in France last thing i would do is to participate in a research about terrorism. I mean,how would a terrorist/radical know that the caller really is from PEW research and not an agent from French Intelligence setting him up? I' m not trying to derail this thread or anything,just asking an honest question because peoplreon here are quite found of PEW research. Thanks in advance

I posted links to the full pdf of the questionare back in the thread somewhere, you should check it out.

It was conducted door to door in several countries in the middle east and Africa, usually a controll group of around 800-1500 people were questioned and then they factored the numbers up to give an overall percentage.

It is quite easy to see how they managed to get these figures given the areas in which they conducted the surveys and the way the questions were structured.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I posted links to the full pdf of the questionare back in the thread somewhere, you should check it out.

It was conducted door to door in several countries in the middle east and Africa, usually a controll group of around 800-1500 people were questioned and then they factored the numbers up to give an overall percentage.

It is quite easy to see how they managed to get these figures given the areas in which they conducted the surveys and the way the questions were structured.

I will deff check those out. Still,how do they make these polls in USA and Europe ? One thing is questioning people living in a god forsaken village in Nigeria,but what about Europe and USA ? Cant imagine a terrorist/radical living in the west would answer yes to those questions if someone came knocking on the door.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I will deff check those out. Still,how do they make these polls in USA and Europe ? One thing is questioning people living in a god forsaken village in Nigeria,but what about Europe and USA ? Cant imagine a terrorist/radical living in the west would answer yes to those questions if someone came knocking on the door.

Here is a screenshot showing the locations and number of surveys conducted.

And a link to a Pdf of the actual survey they conducted door to door.

Survey PDF
edit on 18/12/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Don't like the numbers, question the data. Like the numbers consider it gospel, this # is getting tiring. All I got to say when there is war in the street, all you people who buried your heads in the sand need to stay the hell away from me.

I know,I know, you want to emasculate and say," oh but I'm not scared I refuse to live in fear" nah these people are the most scared people on earth, they refuse to even address the numbers because of fear of bigotry they are ideologists and they are just as dangerous as the extremists growing in numbers,they are enablers as you said.

Here's a video that reminds me of these people, anyway keep fighting the good fight you are not wrong,however you must understand these Walmart, McDonald catered, pretentious people, have zero understanding of war or an enemy, likely the worst that ever happened is a Starbucks worker added milk accidentally, and they got the chits all day.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

What part of "Islam is not a monolithic religion" confuses you and your friends?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Don't like the numbers, question the data. Like the numbers consider it gospel, this # is getting tiring. All I got to say when there is war in the street, all you people who buried your heads in the sand need to stay the hell away from me.

I know,I know, you want to emasculate and say," oh but I'm not scared I refuse to live in fear" nah these people are the most scared people on earth, they refuse to even address the numbers because of fear of bigotry they are ideologists and they are just as dangerous as the extremists growing in numbers,they are enablers as you said.

Here's a video that reminds me of these people, anyway keep fighting the good fight you are not wrong,however you must understand these Walmart, McDonald catered, pretentious people, have zero understanding of war or an enemy, likely the worst that ever happened is a Starbucks worker added milk accidentally, and they got the chits all day.

What part of the numbers do you disagree with?

Was it from the Video or the actual stats that pointed out the indescrepancies in the figures?

Let me guess, I am deluded and some kind of lefty liberal that does not understand the true threat to your great nation right?

Look at the actual numbers, avoid the hype and the youtube sensationalist vids and talk about the reality of the polls this nonsense was created upon.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Your question doesn't make sense. Yes, Islam worships a rock. You probably meant monotheist but that doesn't make sense either because Islam is monotheism. I think you're confused.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Oh? So you are still a skeptic regarding the "nonsense" of my thread? I thought you were starting to come around.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Your question doesn't make sense. Yes, Islam worships a rock. You probably meant monotheist but that doesn't make sense either because Islam is monotheism. I think you're confused.

I really do hope that your respnse was to a humorous take on this.

If not then as you say...

Monolithic religion is a new one to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Oh? So you are still a skeptic regarding the "nonsense" of my thread? I thought you were starting to come around.

I thought you were coming round to my opinion that the figures were somewhat distorted?

Given the ammount of people "interviewed" and the questions asked and the nations they were questioned in?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Then I think this is the best that I can come up with at the moment.
www.reddit.com...

It's a discussion on exactly this topic. Someone wanted to know the accuracy of the Pew Poll for this very thing. There's two top answers to choose from but the second one is from a Phd in American political behavior. His response in short is yes, Pew is very reliable.

The short answer is that, yes, the Pew Research Center has an excellent reputation for being fair, accurate, and reliable. It is nonpartisan, nonprofit, and employs high quality researchers who generally use the best possible practices.
The thing to recognize about the poll question you've cited is that it's really not all that different from opinions in the US. According to Gallup, 49% of Americans think it's sometimes justified for the military to target and kill civilians, and 21% of people in the US and Canada think it's sometimes justified for an individual person or small group of people to do the same thing.

eta: oh and in response to "coming round". I only yielded a point regarding the reluctance to answer truthfully, possibly. But not concede. I think it's fair to agree with your point but I only think it would tip the scales marginally give or take a few percentages.
edit on 18-12-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Yea Monolithic religion? The only thing I could come up with is the rock at Mecca. So yes, I was being funny. Sort of...Idk It was a dumb question.
edit on 18-12-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Then I think this is the best that I can come up with at the moment.
www.reddit.com...

It's a discussion on exactly this topic. Someone wanted to know the accuracy of the Pew Poll for this very thing. There's two top answers to choose from but the second one is from a Phd in American political behavior. His response in short is yes, Pew is very reliable.

The short answer is that, yes, the Pew Research Center has an excellent reputation for being fair, accurate, and reliable. It is nonpartisan, nonprofit, and employs high quality researchers who generally use the best possible practices.
The thing to recognize about the poll question you've cited is that it's really not all that different from opinions in the US. According to Gallup, 49% of Americans think it's sometimes justified for the military to target and kill civilians, and 21% of people in the US and Canada think it's sometimes justified for an individual person or small group of people to do the same thing.

eta: oh and in response to "coming round". I only yielded a point regarding the reluctance to answer truthfully, possibly. But not concede. I think it's fair to agree with your point but I only think it would tip the scales marginally give or take a few percentages.

Allow me if I may to take a step back from this and talk honestly, I have seen you and agreed with you many times either in reply or stars many times here on ATS.

As regard to this subject though I have to disagree. Youtube video's and reddit links hold no sway with me and I am supriseed that you feel that they are relavant in a full bore disscussion.

Can we take a moment to look at the numbers here please?

The people intervieved in Afghanistan was 1509. The people in Eygyt interviewed was 1798. I could just continue but we have both read the information.

Coupled with the fact that it was a DOOR TO DOOR SURVEY BY A US COMPANY and I do not intend to insult your intelligence with the capitalisation just make this prominent, then do you not feel that to scale this up to a hyped youtube video suggesting that 27 percent of muslims are radical extremists is a little contrived?

This is just my personal opinion on this and wish you well but I refuse to allow this kind of propaghanda to run rife without a balancing opinion. This is how innocent people get hurt and victimised if we do not put things in some kind of perspective.

As I stated earlier this is my interpretation and nothing against you as an individual.
edit on 18/12/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Why is it so hard for you to accept Islam has tenants that lead to extremism in staggering numbers, and less redeemable qualities than other religions? Do you really believe all and any religion starts from a objective moral code that is valid? Do you really believe that?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

27% sound a lot higher than I aware of.

Can you post links to the surveys and studies please.

We are starting over fresh with the new count, so that would be two, but then they are dead so right now 0...

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Why is it so hard for you to accept Islam has tenants that lead to extremism in staggering numbers, and less redeemable qualities than other religions? Do you really believe all and any religion starts from a objective moral code that is valid? Do you really believe that?

Why do you find it hard to believe that you are bieng manipulated to confirm to a predetermined world view?

Have you actually looked at the information in this thread? Have you examined the studies that the OP's vid was based on and the figures used? have you contemplated the reasons behind this?

Take a big deep breath and actually look at the numbers here and how they have been manipulated, then ask yourself if you feel manipulated also.

Come at my argument with numbers and facts and not emotions enticed by fear and propaghanda.

I anticipate your response but please make it real and not from manipulated fear.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

27% sound a lot higher than I aware of.

Can you post links to the surveys and studies please.

We are starting over fresh with the new count, so that would be two, but then they are dead so right now 0...

Nope, not getting any of that there matey.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

27% is actually a ridiculous percentage, because what we are talking about is an extremest that is willing to kill anyone including themselves for what they believe in. So lets say .01 percent are like this, a whole 10% of 1%. That would mean there are 13 million people in the world like this and that is one big number of killers. If we said that 10% were moderate Muslims that leaves about 90% wanting more of the extreme values like sharia law across everyone and all that goes with it. So what we have is about 13 million wanting to kill anyone not like themselves and a large chunk supporting what these killers see as utopia for the world. The 130 million Muslim that are actually moderate are as screwed as the rest of us,so no get out of hell free card for them either.

edit on 18-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join