It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thai Man Faces 37 Years In Jail For Insulting The King's Dog.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

an apparent violation of Thailand’s stringent laws against insults aimed at the country’s monarchy.

Authorities arrested factory worker Thanakorn Siripaiboon at his home in suburban Bangkok last week and charged him with writing a “sarcastic” Internet post about Tongdaeng, the mongrel owned by King Bhumibol Adulyadej, as well as with sedition and insulting the King, reports the New York Times.

The Thai military, which seized control of the country in a coup last year, did not specify the exact insult Thanakorn used
time.com...

This is just as cray as the Saudi millionaire that beat a Rape charge that a teenage girl accidentally got penetrated, really?? ...this insult was not against the King mind you but his freaking dog, how above it all are these people, note Thailand have some kool places to vist but dayuum!!
edit on 16-12-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

an apparent violation of Thailand’s stringent laws against insults aimed at the country’s monarchy.

Authorities arrested factory worker Thanakorn Siripaiboon at his home in suburban Bangkok last week and charged him with writing a “sarcastic” Internet post about Tongdaeng, the mongrel owned by King Bhumibol Adulyadej, as well as with sedition and insulting the King, reports the New York Times.

The Thai military, which seized control of the country in a coup last year, did not specify the exact insult Thanakorn used
time.com...

This is just as cray as the Saudi millionaire that beat a Rape charge that a teenage girl accidentally got penetrated, really?? this insult was not against the King mind you but his freaking dog, how above it all are these people, note Thailand is a kool places to vist but dayuum!!

A few years back a foreigner got 72 years for pissing on the kings picture.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

Really??.. it's time we end the rule of these men gods.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Psssst...shush....word on the street says that dog is a total dick and the king just won't see it.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

On the kings birthday as a prisoner you can go in and plead for leniency and you usually get a sentence reduction.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask

On the kings birthday as a prisoner you can go in and plead for leniency and you usually get a sentence reduction.

Perhaps the king would have him crawl before his damn doggie, who is this guy, Caligula??

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Perhaps the king would have him crawl before his damn doggie, who is this guy, Caligula??

He is a tough nut. The rumor is he killed his brother to obtain the throne, then he built the Rama VIII bridge as a monument to his slain brother.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

He is a tough nut. The rumor is he killed his brother to obtain the throne, then he built the Rama VIII bridge as a monument to his slain brother.

en.wikipedia.org...

Insane, incidentally a couple of chicks got me watching this new?? series call the Royals ,this real life royal low life fits the bill with his affluenza.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Insane, incidentally a couple of chicks got me watching this new?? series call the Royals ,this real life royal low life fits the bill with his affluenza.

Is that the show on Netflix? Royals are interesting to watch they operate on a whole different level. I remember a few years back Prince Charles was on this diatribe about people should eat less meat to save the environment, and I thought that's odd a descendent from Vlad the Impaler telling me to eat less meat.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Yes I think it's on Netflix .
And I saw the same thing about prince Charles Vlad the impaler connection, if I was without sound mind I would believe them to be lizard people like some claimed they are.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Yes I think it's on Netflix .
And I saw the same thing about prince Charles Vlad the impaler connection, if I was without sound mind I would believe them to be lizard people like some claimed they are.

LOL! Good thing I have sound mind because I might be inclined to think the same way.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Lost me when you said cray .

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Its just an extension of all this "Safe Space" BS and everyone being so "Offended" all the time, grow up and take the heat you pack of sooks its called the world and its not pretty. All these cry baby minorities who cry "I'm Offended" all the time are simply childish imbeciles who have yet to mentally mature. They are like an "Only Child" spoiled rotten expecting the world to give them everything for nothing and when they don't like the fact they are being treated how they should be they lash out like petulant children.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Absolutely ridiculous! You can really blame the Thai people for accepting this type of outrageous control. The citizen's of the world have so much power yet they choose to let government leaders like this act like Gods, burden the people with excessive taxes, create wars, send our children into harms way, and continually ignore the demands of it's citizens. They live a life of luxury and reap high salaries and benefits most citizens could only wish they had.

Government leaders are no better than it's citizens who give them the power to govern.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I have this week just returned from 15 wonderful nights in beautiful Thailand, and if there's one thing I learnt is that the Thai people really love their King !

He just had his 88th birthday whist I was there and there is a genuine love for him, with shrines all over the place for him, they actually call him Dad.

There are huge signs and notice boards up everywhere ATM saying "Bike for Dad" and after much asking about it we discovered its the Kings campaign to get people riding push bikes more for health and environmental benefits. Apparently he's a really good King.

Whilst the charges may seem pretty harsh and ridiculous to some of us "Westerners" I'm sure most of Thialand would think it a just punishment for insulting their beloved King / Kings Dog or Dad.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
OK from what I have gathered. !. Certain news organizations will do any thing to show Thailand in a bad light because the west and their bought and paid for PM and his sister were disposed by the coupe. 2. I have been around the Thai King (not on a personal basis) for over 45 years. He is one of the few monarchs I would bend a knee to simply by the works and good things he did for Thailand. 3. He did not want to be King, period, and was basically drafted.

4. The red shirts were a bunch who supported the disposed PM's. They were doing shootings and bombings before the military cracked down. There are still cells (probably CIA funded) that are trying to cause problems. USA wanted to reopen Utapao airbase and the Thais said no... It is now a commercial airport serving Pattaya. Every visiting ambassador form the USA has managed to say something or do something to piss the Thais off probably because they do not feel like being a lap dog for the so called swing to the Pacific..

5. It has always been a crime to insult or make disparaging comments about a member of the royal family. Thais with 2 brain cells know this. In this group that was busted there were 603 ? so called Red shirts and no doubt the military has been waiting for some of them to screw up so they could nail them.. I doubt this is solely about the dog regardless of what the article says. The King is 88 and in frail health... To say he is much loved and certainly supported by the Royal Thai Military and most of the population would be an understatement..

So for my 2 cents worth; don't believe everything you read on the internet or even in a news paper... there are all kinds of under currents in these waters and one must be careful of who says it is safe to swim here.. They may not have your best interest at heart no matter what flag they are carrying. Motives are not always transparent ..

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

Its just an extension of all this "Safe Space" BS and everyone being so "Offended" all the time

No. It has nothing to do with your favourite right-wing American hobbyhorse. There is a law against lèse-majesté (look it up) in Thailand, which the military dictatorship running that country uses to lock up its political opponents and anyone else it doesn't like.

The Thai monarchy is a deeply compromised institution and King Bhumibol is certainly no angel, but he is a dying man and has bigger things to worry about than whether someone insulted his dog.

It astonishes me that you could rush to express your opinion about a subject concerning which you must surely know you know nothing.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
If you don't like the consequences, don't break the law.
I was told that the other day.
So to bad for him

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
A little more about some of the red shirt leaders or soldiers:
newsletter.thaivisa.com...

Leader of red shirts who burnt Ubon city hall given life sentence
The Nation

BANGKOK -- THE Supreme Court Tuesday handed down a life sentence to the leader of red-shirt arsonists who set fire to Ubon Ratchathani City Hall duringthe crackdown on red shirts in May 2010.

Pichet Thabuddha, who the court believed was the leader of 13 arsonists, got life in jail for his role in ordering others to set fire to thecity hall building, according to Ubon Ratchathani provincial court judge Tulya Phankawong. Initially, an Appeal Court verdict gave Pichet the death sentence, but the Supreme Court reduced the punishment to life in prison.

www.nationmultimedia.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I don't know I think we're being too lenient on people who insult dogs; this is an important issue, I think we should ask Donald Trump his opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join