It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth is Flat! 100% Video Proof Globe Earth Debunked (REFFI) MIRROR

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: elsafam357

Again... Pi (3.14159). The earth is a sphere

Actually it is an oblate shperoid.

Isaac Newton first proposed that Earth was not perfectly round. Instead, he suggested it was an oblate spheroid—a sphere that is squashed at its poles and swollen at the equator. He was correct and, because of this bulge, the distance from Earth's center to sea level is roughly 21 kilometers (13 miles) greater at the equator than at the poles.

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

True...but still not flat.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
its flat where i am at.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Also due to the tectonic plates moving around it is constantly changes size and shape, however it is "close enough" for us to call it a sphere...which is also why Pi is a non terminating decimal

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
its flat where i am at.
no...no its not

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

so if the world is not a perfect sphere why do all the composition photos that we see show the world as perfectly round?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1
The difference is too small to be seen like that. The diameter at the equator is only about 26 miles more than the polar diameter.

ETA: BTW, that info is in tsurfer's post. The one you replied to.
edit on 16-12-2015 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Because of the size and lack of perspective...from far away and without something to highlight the shape it looks perfectly round...but in reality its a little off...keep in mind that the massive earthquake in Chile a while back shifted the earths axis by half a degree... That angle is less than the thickness of a human hair at the epicenter but if you extend the angle out to the pole it becomes miles of distance (I heard that they had to reposition the GPS coordinates of some airports so jets auto pilot would not lead them into the ocean)... When you think of distance on that scale you can see why from space the planet looks more smooth and round than it is

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: elsafam357

so the photos dont show the truth? which means any space photo i see from now on is in question because photos simply dont reflect reality.
edit on 16-12-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Where are you getting that idea from? That's not what was said.

Did you read my previous post? It's really simple.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

so you have faith the world is not round because a scientists says so? cause you cant see it with your own eyes
edit on 16-12-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
TBH, I really don't give a # how round or not it looks in pics.

The point is you asked why it looks round when they [say] it's not exactly round. The answer is, the difference isn't much.

edit on 16-12-2015 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
so you have faith the world is not round because a scientists says so? cause you cant see it with your own eyes

Absolutely.

Granted, not because 1 scientist says it is so, but because lots of scientists say it is so. And, more importantly, because lots have tested it, and found similar or equal results.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

have you gone through all these experiments and checked the results yourself? or do you have faith in all the scientists

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

a reply to: peck420

have you gone through all these experiments and checked the results yourself? or do you have faith in all the scientists

Another believer who does not know the difference between "faith" and "trust." Faith is an unquestioning belief based on dogma. It is held without evidence of its veracity; indeed if the evidence contradicts one's faith, it is rejected. Trust is earned by a consistent pattern of honesty. Scientists have ample evidence that, in general, they can trust one another, even across disciplines.
edit on 16-12-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

You missed the dark ages by "-----" this much.

Should I be questioning every single scientific fact? Crap, since I now, no longer accept science...how exactly will I fact check? I can't use any of scientific methods...can't even use basic math...how am I typing? Crap again...how are these words appearing on this screen? Where did this screen even come from? How do my fingers even type?

If I am going to feel the need to question 'science', I best be prepared to question ALL science, not just the stuff I disagree with.

Yes, I trust science. Do I trust individual scientists? Case by case, I have only met a few (in relation to the whole). I do, however, trust the whole...implicitly.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

what about when scientists lie? because of coercion or personnel greed

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

The Earth is Flat! 100% Video Proof Globe Earth

I glad we found out before we sat sail in the Santa Maria. We would have sailed off the edge.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Has the op ever flown or being real high before? If so, have you not seen the curvature for yourself?

To think that this type of thinking exists in this day and age is crazy.

I find it so strange that there are about a million scientists who will tell you the earth is not flat or that there are also experiments by average people who have confirmed it.

But one video is good enough for OP...OK...

edit on 16-12-2015 by theonenonlyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

The photos show the world as it is...you just don't have the perspective... From a distance an apple could look round, even though it isn't...its not till you measure it that you find it is not...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join