It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunter finds explosives in Mark Twain Forest in Missouri

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
We've been following the story of the stolen cell phones and propane tanks in Missouri, but I caught this wrinkle thanks to the conservative blogosphere. This link is to the local story.

I won't quote any of the local story because it's too larded to easily copy paste, but they had to bring in bomb disposal from Ft. Leonard to handle the explosives which a local hunter found buried in the woods. The sheriff did not elaborate on what exactly they were, but he did say they were not "something that could not be bought for recreational use."

The cache was found in mid-October, so it is possible that it's unconnected. However, it's also just 30 minutes from Lebanon, MO, where the cell phones were being bought. So maybe not ...

Since the suspicious activity first leaked last week, the investigation has progressively revealed worse details, working retroactively to bring to light every alarming thing that happened before two men were stopped in a Lebanon Walmart. Now, it seems to have reach a head, after an incident in October provides some potential answers as to what is being plotted from the center of our country, and what targets are at imminent risk.

A man who was hunting in the Mark Twain National Forest, just 30 minutes from Lebanon, was about to set up camp in a spot he uses each season, when he noticed something about the ground that didn’t seem right. After poking around at the ground a bit, he got concerned about what he found and urgently called police. The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department came running, bringing along with them a massive team of expert personnel they called in for assistance.

Officers found a huge cache of “extremely volatile” explosives, which police described to be of a style “that could not be purchased for recreational use.” This suggests that the extensive supply was all homemade pipe bombs or other IEDs, created and collected with a specific plan in mind. The stock was so dangerous that it couldn’t be safely detonated without the help of the Explosive Ordinance Disposal Unit (EOD), the Missouri State Highway Patrol’s EOD Unit, and the Waynesville Rural Fire Department, KY3 reported.

So, what's going on in MO? We have a huge, buried cache of explosives that called out a military bomb squad, lots of bulk cell phone purchases happening late at night by young foreign men, and now lots of propane tank thefts ...

edit on 14-12-2015 by ketsuko because: left out an important "not"

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Something is a afoot, first thing I thought is New Years night. Of course I just watched a movie about an attack on New Years.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: chefc14
Something is a afoot, first thing I thought is New Years night. Of course I just watched a movie about an attack on New Years.

Some here have speculated the Gateway Arch. It is called the Gateway to the West.

There are also two cities with major rivers that have lots bridges and commutes that go over those bridges twice every day.
edit on 14-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Concerning to say the least.

Makes one wonder if there are any other as yet to be discovered caches of a similar nature in the area.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Or other states.

MO is centralized. They could buy stuff here and do it relatively cheaply and move it out all over.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Well, first off I will be the first to point the finger @ ISIL; after all, us rednecks don't use propane for making things go BOOM- we have C4, secondly, it is just BAD manners to commandeer, borrow and/or steal your neighbors propane tank!!! We do not take well to this in the country..

This suggests that the extensive supply was all homemade pipe bombs or other IEDs, created and collected with a specific plan in mind. The stock was so dangerous that it couldn’t be safely detonated without the help of the Explosive Ordinance Disposal Unit (EOD), the Missouri State Highway Patrol’s EOD Unit, and the Waynesville Rural Fire Department, KY3 reported. The exact location, as well as recent developments, make this discovery even more concerning than what law enforcement knew at the time.

I am NOT going to post any pics or the instructions on ATS, but these findings are key ingredients in the Isil almanac of DIY 'bomb making"

After-all, did not a poster say something about the ME looking fellows at a Walmart buying ALOT of cell phones a few days ago?

As I said before, theyer here folks!

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Or other states.

MO is centralized. They could buy stuff here and do it relatively cheaply and move it out all over.

Yes, I see Waynesville mentioned by the OP, and that is very near I-44, which runs between OK City, Saint Louis, and Indianapolis. I-44 has been a drug conduit for years, btw, but that may not be a factor here.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
COLUMBIA, Mo. -
Authorities in at least five Missouri cities have now gotten reports of suspicious phone purchases at Wal-Mart stores.COLUMBIA, Mo.

Here is a link to the cell phones purchased

phones

Ava is an hour and 45 min away from the location in Waynesville.
edit on 14-12-2015 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

We have a relatively large Somali population here in KC, and there have been arrests of a few for funding of terrorist orgs overseas. So, it's a safe bet you have a some who are sympathizers. Where you have a decent sized group of sympathizers, you will have a good spot for a cell to operate. Not to mention our highway sniper was reported as having a ME sounding name before he disappeared into the memory hole.

It is known that there is a mosque (maybe two) in Norman, OK, that has suspicious ties. There was a possible suicide bombing attempt at a football game years ago where the roommate was from one of those mosques. You also have the man who beheaded one of his coworkers while shouting the usual "workplace violence" slogan in Oklahoma (Tulsa?) not too long ago, and he was going to behead another when the cops killed him.

So, yes, there is the means for a cell to support themselves here and move along that route.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

The person that killed the perpetrator that beheaded the co-worker was an off duty reserve officer- here is the article

He was definitely a whacknut radicalized crack pot- According to Sgt. Jeremy Lewis with the Moore Police Department, coworkers told police that the suspect, 30-year-old Alton Alexander Nolen, had recently converted to Islam to become a Muslim.

When I was in public works ' (cough cough )' after 0911 - our local 'agency' estimated that within a 100 mile perimeter, we had over 60 active sleeper cells.... there are numerous targets in the Midwest (as well as all over the U.S.)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Yep, and a lot of people think it won't happen here because they want to attack the coasts.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Yep, and a lot of people think it won't happen here because they want to attack the coasts.

My buddy and I had speculated on what would affect people the most. (I'm sure people on here have speculated the same, like I saw after San Bernadino), hitting rural USA, or middle - USA (or Canada as well for that matter - my bud is Canadian) would lead to more fear in the populace. Also - logic would indicate it being easier to hide out in a rural area than in a city apartment...

My LEO buddy told me about people stealing / using propane to make drugs (meth I think) and you can tell when you exchange them that something in the process corrodes the valve or something. The stolen or mass-bought tanks plus cell phones cooould be drug related (I tend to over analyze alternatives for all speculation), but with a cache of explosives that required the military to dispose of? Also - there was a facebook post going around one of the hunting groups I'm on showing a strange, dark skinned man, in sandals who had been confronted by locals and shouted at them in a "foreign language"...

I hope this holiday season passes with no more serious issues than a hangover or a few pounds to have to work off...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

I'm not sure exactly what they would attack out here on the Holidays unless they attacked places of worship which would be a true nightmare. I can't think of any major mass gatherings that take place in the Midwest over the holidays. There are bowl games, but those venues aren't generally centrally located. And we only have 10 days of shopping season left.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Copy that- just within 1 hour of my 'residing place" there are several refineries, & one of North America's largest hubs for crude oil; there is Nuclear One. a Nuclear Power Plant- there is a building (designed by the same architects that built the twin towers) and numerous other targets that are being 'surveyed' (cough cough) currently and have been for a long time...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Ah, you are thinking strategically.

If that's what they want, KC is one of only two rail hubs in the Midwest. They should blow up our railyards and throw a major monkeywrench in cross country shipping.

But I always thought terror was more about the random element of terror.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Ah, you are thinking strategically.

If that's what they want, KC is one of only two rail hubs in the Midwest. They should blow up our railyards and throw a major monkeywrench in cross country shipping.

But I always thought terror was more about the random element of terror.

Asymmetrical warfare is always evolving, so it could be either or both. I do think they must realize that mass shooting events won't be as easy to pull off in places with higher numbers of conceal carriers / hunters / gun enthusiasts, than say a city where carrying is illegal / unpopular, which would lead them to utilize things like IEDs or what have you.

I think it is ok to speculate as long as people stay level headed and use the thought process as a way to practice good situational awareness.

Any updates on exactly what kind of explosives were found?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

From the tiny snippet on the local news, these were found before the cell phones were purchased. So they were disposed of. They were as described, and no real word on what. And this would have been before anything suspicious was on anyone's radar.

And if anyone is looking back with hindsight now ... I'll bet they aren't making that public because they keep telling everyone that the propane and cell phones aren't likely related.

It's very much "nothing to see here; move along."

edit on 14-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Well, one thing that 'we' did learn from 911;

'there can be much devastation and severe bodily injury / death, using very simple everyday tools" - the 'speaker' also collaborated on the topic of small airplanes/targets; airway, waterway and ground transportation (in my neck of the woods anyway) is and has been heavily monitored since 911.

After all, we all know that when we are (most of us) waiting on line taking off our belts and being violated by body x-ray devices.... at the end of the day... we are not the ones that we have to worry about.. wink wink.....

I have mentioned in the past, (remember TJ McVeigh) it is surprising that we do not see more car bombs here in the U.S. - they are coming to a city near you... sadly....

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
They don't care about shipping they want coloratal damage the more people the better it's about fear the trains being down a couple of days is nothing. They lead by fear.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The national press has tried to recreate the steps McVeigh to prove how easy that would be, and they've gotten stopped. I have personal ties to that story.

Buying that fertilizer in large amounts sets off flags these days, even in areas where it's not all that uncommon to have guys come through once a year to buy large amounts thanks to McVeigh.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join