It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100,000,000,000 More Dollars Please!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Wow man, now the Bu#es are asking for a hundred billion more bucks to fund the war in Iraq. Funny they failed to mention that prior to November last year. A hundred billion!? That's 1/4 of the deficit that little worm sank into and promised he would clean up before he left. Thanks Bush, I can't imagine anything better to spend that money on than killing people. Preemptive spending on a preemptive war, based entirely on lies created to cover lies. Sigh...

White House May Want $100 Billion More for War
By Peronet Despeignes
The Chicago Sun Times
Tuesday 04 January 2005
Washington - Congress expects a new White House request for as much as $100 billion this year for war and related costs in Iraq and Afghanistan, congressional officials say.
It would be the third and largest Iraq-related request from the White House yet, and could push the cost of the Iraq war over $200 billion - far above the initial White House estimates of $50 billion-$60 billion. So far, the Iraq war has cost about $130 billion, according to the White House's Office of Management and Budget.
War costs complicate President Bush's plans for initiatives such as overhauling Social Security. They also threaten his pledge to halve the record $413 billion budget deficit.
Jim Dyer, chief of staff of the House Appropriations Committee, traditionally the first stop in Congress for any official request for money, said he expects a funding proposal from the Bush administration by Easter that "could be around $100 billion," the vast majority of it for Iraq.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I suspect that the demand for more money may be related to future actions. We certainly cannot leave Iraq at this point, and it appears that Iran is treading thin ice with this administration.

MK

[edit on 6-1-2005 by MKULTRA]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I suspect it has alot to do with getting involved in a pre-emptive and wholly unjustified war on foriegn terrority on multiple fronts with minmal international support, expecting the guys that we invaded to open their arms and welcome us, and not having a damned clue what it was going to take or how to actually go about it. If they really are going to give that turd another 100 billion, maybe they should spend some of it on building these peoples homes back or giving them some electricity and clean water like we said we would, then maybe at least some of them will stop shooting at us.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I would love to spend that 100 bil on homeland defense, if we had that kind of budget we wouldnt need as many troops elswear! We need sophisticated methods of homeland defense. We have a national guard and 84+ million privately owned firearms, we are covered only up to there...

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I would rather not spend the 100billion on anything, since we don't actually have that much money.

Although, with that said - I propose some of it go to help homeless disabled veterans, instead of going towards the creation of more..

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango
I would rather not spend the 100billion on anything, since we don't actually have that much money.

Good point!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
This is exactly why terrorism will grow stronger in many forms... 100 billion dollars to help kill people...many of which have been innocent civilians. Now think for a moment how that would affect people. Do you really think that they would care about "innocent" American civilians who voted this man in? This will only fuel more hatred and passion for taking down "the man".

pardon my jumping of thought, its kind of frustrating to hear this.

**EDIT**

however, give millions to tsunami victims, and 100 billion to us so we can kill people with our toys....

[edit on 6-1-2005 by Jiffy]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
...what if?

...your goverment spent those big bucks for something else, than war and arming themselves to the teeth?
like for example, SPACE EXPLORATION?
wouldnt that be great? by now we would be flying all over our solar system, of all the money had gone to space reasearch.
but NO!
there has to be "false sense of security" created by all these mass of tanks and airplanes and nuclear missiles. wow, how safe i feel in this world of today, full of nuclear threats. it would be more "civilized" if we were preparing ourselfes for natural disasters and "all sorts of stuff fallling from space", dont you think?
who would even THINK about that ammount of money sending to some people who really need it, to try and save some lives with it for a change.
there are still people waiting for help in asia. just pisses me off seeing all this money just go around, from one greedy hand, to another.
its really sickening!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
That request puts the War on a Noun Budget to a Quarter of a Trillion Dollars. A war we are being told will last pretty much for decades to come. We spend a few million to find out who pulled 9-11 off, came to a pretty much erronous if not falsified conclusion, then go after a country who was offering to extradite the man (who used to work for us and had met with CIA two weeks before in Dubai), not get the guy, then go after a country that had nothing to do with it and spend a quarter of a trillion dollars and over 10,000 wounded and 1,000 dead american soldiers. All the while changing our justifications from, they were involved in 9-11, they were an eminent threat to the US, they had WMD's, to Saddam was a mad man and the Iraqi people wanted us to invade. And somehow in the process, they pass the most signifgant and vaguely defined lesislation in modern history to the chagrin of the most basics of our freedoms without even reading the damn thing. The only real opposition to the patriot racket, er act or the war, either got an envelope full of US Military developed anthrax, or died in a freak plane crash.
That's what we get for that kind of money? I'd say we got kinda took on that deal boys.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Me being british would want america to spend that money on the war and then get into serious serious dbt alot quicker

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Why can't we get the govt. to use 100b here in the U.S.? I could see that kind of money going a long way in providing homes, food, and medicial needs for those here who currently have none. It is important to fund the war in Iraq but I say we need it worse here. Could you see no homelessness or hungry children before bedtime and money for those who need it for medicine?. I have a neighbor who is in his mid 60's and often he has to make the decision of wether to get his bloodpressure med. or not eat for several days. Bush just keeps going into our pockets and takes what he can find. One day and it is soon coming, the kitty will be broke.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I would love to spend that 100 bil on homeland defense, if we had that kind of budget we wouldnt need as many troops elswear! We need sophisticated methods of homeland defense.

I couldn't agree with you more on that.

I have always said that we should spend alot more money on the things that are broken INSIDE the US.
Schools, healthcare, and the like. Have you ever seen a senior citizen who can't afford a much needed prescription - I used to work at a pharmacy and it is heart wrenching.
100 Billion - Bet that would put a dent in the lack of funding for our schools. Think it might help kids get a lunch, or access to a computer?
No let's spend 100 billion pretending to try and win the war.
Now for something really scary, I'll try and read George W's mind...
100 billion that's not too much to ask for, heck I donated 10 grand to those waving salami people. Dog gone it I hate Ohio. Hold on George, back to the issue here. Now let's not send any body armor to the soldiers, they can dig through scraps and find something. Hey why supply replacement parts? Good old American ingenuity, that's what I say. I mean c'mon I saw John Wayne win wars singlehandedly. Daddy says I been a good boy. Gotta remember to have Mama take all them stems off of the fruit, then spray with Lysol to kill all them cells - yep no stem cells in my house. Iran - they think I don't know about their nukuler powers? What's that God? Sorry gotta bad connection here can you speak up? Gotta get Iran? You betcha there God, I'll do it! 100 Billion, yeah that should do it. Maybe I should challenge Osama and Kim Il to a footrace - yeah I beat that Clinton guy out the door that time. Daddy said I whooped him good out the door. Supposin I need more money later? I'll just print up a bunch more, no one will ever know, ooooh I hate that Ohio....

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Why can't we get the govt. to use 100b here in the U.S.? I could see that kind of money going a long way in providing homes, food, and medicial needs for those here who currently have none.

Right on the mark there Flyin!
It's disturbing how our children don't have access to computers, or even lunches in some cases. How our elderly are left to rot, that social security is going buh bye, but we can spend countless billions on other countries, including the ones that hold their slimy hands out, yet stab our backs every chance they get.
WORRY ABOUT US FIRST!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I hear the US deficit is almost 7 trillion dollars.Dont know what you americans hear but that is what i read in the european newspapers.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Remember: This is an additional $100 billion. The US has spent many billions already.

Imagine if the US spent that $250 billionish developing a better power source that made us oil free or substantially less dependant on oil?

Kill two birds with one stone so to speak, instead of Iraqi's...

Can you imagine the crap scientists could develop with that kind of dough? MAN O MAN!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
How dumb can Americans be? If they continue to support these idiots, they're not only insane, but just plain stupid! Bush has not only screwed up with these wars, but his screw-ups just keep getting worse!
Let's impeach the idiot before he takes America down entirely.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

How dumb can Americans be? If they continue to support these idiots, they're not only insane, but just plain stupid! Bush has not only screwed up with these wars, but his screw-ups just keep getting worse! Let's impeach the idiot before he takes America down entirely.

Something to be said for that. But is Cheney any better?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Impeach
yeah they'll just say okay you caught us we'll leave gracefully. Then who are we going to put in... The democrats? the people that want to disarm america... what do you think would happen if the government knew there weren't assault rifles backing our votes? They wouldn't have to pretend and take our freedoms slowly then. You might not like guns personally, but they are what made us free and will keep us free. Read your history the revolutionary war started when the brits moved to seize the colonies' powder stores and armament stores.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
More money for the war, and in the meanwhile people needs to start getting ready for the cuts that are starting affect us at the state level, as more services are cut, states are going to find difficult to find money to support our community.

Then the states will not have any other choice than to raised local taxes to help with the lack of funds.

Our country is deteriorating and is not funny, the proposed "reformed" to the social security is for you to keep paying the same fees, but when the time comes to get your social security you will get less than you paid meaning that the cost of living at the time of the retirement will not be included, the government will keep that money, that is how the administrations is planning to help with the deficit in the long time.

Also the dollar will keep depreciating as our deficit keeps increasing.

[edit on 6-1-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You know what you Americans need to do? Stop paying taxes. Do your conscience a favour.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join