It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100,000,000,000 More Dollars Please!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Well, actually, it's a combined effect of the tax cuts and their wacky spending policies. I mean our deficit would have been unaffected if they had made the cuts to the budget that were about equal to what the tax cuts were. Instead they are a bunch of drunken sailors on shoreleave as my mom would put it.

Here's a little irony to add to the mix. There was a radio show on yesterday and they were talking about wanting to fix the asbestos letigation mess. Guess alot of companies are going bankrupt, and well, the actual victims who need it the most, for the most part aren't really getting much out of it. So, they want to take these people's right to sue the companies for the damages caused them and set up a trust fund that would be used instead. The figure I heard for the amount to be placed in this trustfund is $150 billion. So, in essence, the same government that is saying it cannot go a few years fighting a war without spending around $250 billion dollars...(Then, they can't even manage to get the equipment the troops need to them in any reasonable amount of time!!), thinks it can take care of all those who are sick, or will become sice from the asbestos mess....for decades.....with the medical costs as high as they are.

It's amazing, really. When they are thinking of what the average taxpayer needs, well, they are cheap, conservative tightwads, but when it comes to them and their big projects, well, the sky is the limit!!

[edit on 12-1-2005 by dawnstar]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join