It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100,000,000,000 More Dollars Please!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Cheney and Bush are the same person. Hardly ever see them together. And when you do its all smoke and mirrors. Actually, I think Bush has had the entire top brass replaced with Replicants.

It must be this way, only way to explain this madness...

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by astral_ice
Impeach
yeah they'll just say okay you caught us we'll leave gracefully. Then who are we going to put in... The democrats? the people that want to disarm america... what do you think would happen if the government knew there weren't assault rifles backing our votes? They wouldn't have to pretend and take our freedoms slowly then. You might not like guns personally, but they are what made us free and will keep us free. Read your history the revolutionary war started when the brits moved to seize the colonies' powder stores and armament stores.

As it is now, they know, but don't care because our votes don't really mean anything anymore. What difference does it make if people with assault rifles don't even know they're being duped every election?

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
You know what you Americans need to do? Stop paying taxes. Do your conscience a favour.

Yes! That would definitely get their attention, but everyone would have to do it at once. Otherwise, they'd just put you in prison.

[edit on 6-1-2005 by Damned]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Now for something really scary, I'll try and read George W's mind...
100 billion that's not too much to ask for, heck I donated 10 grand to those waving salami people. Dog gone it I hate Ohio. Hold on George, back to the issue here. Now let's not send any body armor to the soldiers, they can dig through scraps and find something. Hey why supply replacement parts? Good old American ingenuity, that's what I say. I mean c'mon I saw John Wayne win wars singlehandedly. Daddy says I been a good boy. Gotta remember to have Mama take all them stems off of the fruit, then spray with Lysol to kill all them cells - yep no stem cells in my house. Iran - they think I don't know about their nukuler powers? What's that God? Sorry gotta bad connection here can you speak up? Gotta get Iran? You betcha there God, I'll do it! 100 Billion, yeah that should do it. Maybe I should challenge Osama and Kim Il to a footrace - yeah I beat that Clinton guy out the door that time. Daddy said I whooped him good out the door. Supposin I need more money later? I'll just print up a bunch more, no one will ever know, ooooh I hate that Ohio....

LMAO

That is great! You should start a thread about that! Can you do that on ATS?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
What i see is that America must be considering investing that money into the war for a reason:The returns(from il, manpower etc)...it should be more than the money spent on the war itself.Or maybe not?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
World wars are good for the economy, supposedly. (Or that's what old people tell me. I don't really believe it.) There's no way this war can be good for our economy. We're doing all the spending. No money is being made, except by our leaders' favorite corporations, who are granted no bid contracts.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damned
World wars are good for the economy, supposedly. (Or that's what old people tell me. I don't really believe it.)

Believe it or not, there was a time when the democrats were the "war party" in the US, so the "old people" are telling you that from that perspective. Sluggish economy? Start up the old military-industrial machine, which created lots of jobs in many areas, including areas like the steel-making industry. But that was when the job market was much different; there were many union jobs paying good wages. My dad & mom raised 8 kids on a single paycheck, and we ate like bishops.

Problem was, inflation always seeemed to be in double-digit land back then so you never really got ahead.

[edit on 7-1-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Wow man, now the Bu#es are asking for a hundred billion more bucks to fund the war in Iraq. Funny they failed to mention that prior to November last year. A hundred billion!? That's 1/4 of the deficit that little worm sank into and promised he would clean up before he left. Thanks Bush, I can't imagine anything better to spend that money on than killing people. Preemptive spending on a preemptive war, based entirely on lies created to cover lies. Sigh...

White House May Want $100 Billion More for War
By Peronet Despeignes
The Chicago Sun Times
Tuesday 04 January 2005
Washington - Congress expects a new White House request for as much as $100 billion this year for war and related costs in Iraq and Afghanistan, congressional officials say.
It would be the third and largest Iraq-related request from the White House yet, and could push the cost of the Iraq war over $200 billion - far above the initial White House estimates of $50 billion-$60 billion. So far, the Iraq war has cost about $130 billion, according to the White House's Office of Management and Budget.
War costs complicate President Bush's plans for initiatives such as overhauling Social Security. They also threaten his pledge to halve the record $413 billion budget deficit.
Jim Dyer, chief of staff of the House Appropriations Committee, traditionally the first stop in Congress for any official request for money, said he expects a funding proposal from the Bush administration by Easter that "could be around $100 billion," the vast majority of it for Iraq.

Twitchy,the deficit of the US is 7 trillion dollars.100 billion is peanuts in comparisen with the deficit.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
What's this about, then? I think you're thinking of the overall debt.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 10-1-2005 by Damned]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Motion,it's just remarkble how you can call a 100bill..peanuts..I knew once that you where just as much above deficit in the Clinton years..
If we have to start doing math....would'nt that come to 14 Trill plus..It just sounds like one of them mega Vibrating things...

It's MAD..

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
100,000,000,000 one dollar bills to fund the restructuring of the Middle East. But is it worth it? What are we trying to secure here? The last remaining oil reserves? A strategic position in the Middle East? 'Destroying Terrorism'?

This war merely seems like an exhibition to let the rest of the world (especially China) know that we are the leading superpower. At least that’s what we want everyone to believe

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think is all of the above simulacra, US as a power can not allowed the last reserved of perhaps untaped oil (Iraq) to go to the hands of people that rather deal with china than with the US.

So taking in consideration that assumption, every penny, troops and civilian lives are worth it.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
for that kind of money, we probably could build each and every tsumami victim their own mansion...(considering the value of the $$ against their currency)

or maybe it could be enough to provide a job for every arab in the middle east for a year...(a year without bored young adults joining the terrorists movements for lack of anything else to do...

or maybe feed every hungry child in africa for a year....

God, someone just don't have any sense when it comes to the value of the dollar....either me, or the ones running the show. But, it seems to me that you could do wonders with that much money.....

of course, there isn't that much money, but who cares....let's spend it anyways!!! our kids won't mind paying for it will they?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
How many electric cars could we build with $100 billion? Imagine if we put that money toward research for alternate energy resources.

Originally posted by marg6043
So taking in consideration that assumption, every penny, troops and civilian lives are worth it.

You're saying that oil is worth more than peoples' lives?! And any amount of money?!
In that case, why don't we just start breeding babies to turn into oil? I suppose we would, if it were possible.

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Damned]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

War costs complicate President Bush's plans for initiatives such as overhauling Social Security. They also threaten his pledge to halve the record $413 billion budget deficit.

complicate?
threaten?

It pretty much DESTROYS both of those initiatives now doesn't it?

Our thanks go out again to those who re-elected this #ing idot!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
He could give $370.37 to every American in the United States of America. Oh well, I guess the Halliburton and Carlyle group kickbacks are more important.

About the Carlyle Group Link Below:
www.hereinreality.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

How many electric cars could we build with $100 billion? Imagine if we put that money toward research for alternate energy resources.

Originally posted by marg6043

You're saying that oil is worth more than peoples' lives?! And any amount of money?!
In that case, why don't we just start breeding babies to turn into oil? I suppose we would, if it were possible.

Lets just put that money into breeding millions of animals then slaughtering them in a designated area and wait billions of years for them to become fossilized and turn into oil. That would be something the adminstration would support for spending the money on also.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prince_Machiavelli
He could give $370.37 to every American in the United States of America.

Oh yeah. I remember when he gave me back like $200 bucks, or something. Wasn't that about 4 years ago? That's about the only thing Bush has done for me. It wasn't worth it.
Bush can keep my money, if he just gets the hell out of the White House, now.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Humm, don't underestimate my post, I am as sarcastic as I can possibly be under the circumstances.

Everybody knows my feelings about the administration.

I see the present administration as having not regards for human lives at all.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I see. I missed the sarcasm, I guess. It's best to follow sarcasm with the rolleyes smilie.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
$154,689,485,869 Estimated cost of the war in Iraq to U.S. citizens.
The nation faces a record $500 billion deficit. The biggest cause of the deficit is Bush's tax cuts. Source: www.govexec.com

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Prince_Machiavelli]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join