It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Force Awakens thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
I have the lipstick...

When you go to use your lipstick do you make a light saber noise when you twist the makeup out of the holder?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I got my tickets! I have my costume ready! Oh yea I'm wearing the white outfit with the buns. I don't think they would let me in the theater in the bikini lol. I'm going the 17th at 7pm!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Haha how did you know? I did that and my bf' laughed. The mascara says "do or do not there is not try." It's my daily mantra!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I could not get tickets for the 17th so for the 1st time I see the movie, I'm going with my son on the 18th and probably a few of my friends and his friends for the 2nd time. I might have to completely unplug on the 17th and listen to music with my eyes closed as much of my commute on Thursday as I can.

Do they have Star Wars travel packs of tissues? I know that I'm going to cry, a lot, just from the opening. LOL!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Came across the Chinese trailer, gives more away

Looks like the guy is fighting the Sith with a light saber, not the gal, was hoping she was the new Jedi protagonist. But I do hear Leia telling (what seems to be her) to let in the Force.
Also you see the antagonist talking to Vader's burnt out mask, which Luke was the last to see when he put it on the funeral pyre in Jedi...hence I m hoping Luke got sucked into the darkside...

edit on 13-12-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I don't understand- is it opening earlier in France than in the US?

It opens the 16th here (in three days)- is that not the same over there?

I have my tickets for the 17th, the only day the nearest theater is showing it in original english version.
I was going to bring my husband, but found out he has never seen a star wars movie and has no interest.
I was in shock. I don't know if our marriage can make it through that revelation.
(kidding)
I'm bringing my daughter instead. She understands me on this.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm extremely excited and hyped up. I remember watching the original ones in theaters as a kid. Hope it's actually good!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
What I find funny is that Abrams and Hamill have already talked about working together, albeit on a different project, back in 2005 and there was the idea that Luke should return as a villain

Skip to 10:45 for the fun part. Luke as sith...who knows

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

Hamid looks like he's been living in the darkside (since after Empire truth be told)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
You know what I am in a quandary about? I don't like 3d I get headaches from it, do I do Star wars in 3d?
These are the things that keep me awake at night.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The initial feedback from the premieres last night is incredibly positive. Official reviews are embargoed until tomorrow but the buzz is huge right now by those that saw it last night.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazzNo don't see in 3d especially if it gives you a headache.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I saw The Martian in 3D and was so caught up in the story that the 3D effects were kind of wasted on me

The thing about the glasses is they completely ruin the color - but when I decided I'd rather watch the film without them I realized I couldn't - duh :-)

Some of the landscape shots were worth it though

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I haven't read any of the later books so I am going in completely unsuspecting of the story and I like that.

Wouldn't matter. They aren't using that (excellent) material at all....

So we too (the ones who have read the books, even spoken with the authors) are just as in the dark.

We've got our tickets for opening night, and in one of those theaters with the recliners (so assigned seating, so no stupid line).

I am so pumped for this! Just a few more days! This is still my favorite Christmas present!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The Daily Fail says early buzz from premiere movie goers has been positive so far.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The New York Times and the New York Daily News have given the film excellent reviews.

(very minimal spoilers)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
So far I've heard only positive raves!

Yeehee.... tomorrow afternoon is my turn!
Can't wait!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Have taken the day off tomorrow so I can go see it at 3 am. Was kinda hoping to avoid all the screaming fans dressed as ewoks incedsantly pointing out why the hyperspace drive for the original millennium falcon was superior...but not entirely sure that's possible.

Looking forward to it!

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The news about the reviews in this thread makes me happy

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

was hoping she was the new Jedi protagonist.

WARNING...SPOILER...follow the link below to take a look at her action figure...

LINK

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join