It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun shop owner selling 'Muslim Free Zone' signs in Florida

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

For once, I agree with you.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Well let's be honest, a person should be entitled to display anything they want. Regardless of how offensive it may seem, in a country they were born in and have roots in.

I do not see any wrongdoing in this sign, its others sticking their noses in.

... Different however if this was in support of lets say, ISIS. As then that would be an obvious slant at a sick joke.

I say good, display it.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

A Florida gun store owner who made international headlines is at it again. He’s selling a new product meant to stir things up.

“What we are finding is that people are afraid of radical Islam. They are afraid of political correctness,” said Hallinan.

“And for every person, we have what seems like 300 or 400 that are in support,” he said.

Presidential contender Donald Trump’s recent statements about banning all Muslim entry to the United States seem to echo what Hallinan’s been talking about.

“If we don’t have data behind who they are, we don’t know who their ties are. We don’t know who these people are coming overseas,” said Hallinan.

Now Hallinan is taking his "Muslim Free Zone" idea and selling a take-home version.

For $24.99, you can buy a small red sign in the shape of a stop sign.

Gun shop owner selling 'Muslim Free Zone' signs in Florida - KJRH, Dec. 11, 2015.

So this jackass is back in the news still being as bigoted as he ever was. Back in July he made the news circuit declaring his gun shop was a Muslim Free Zone and he took a lot of back lash over it and apparently seemed to take back his comments but as seen here he's going full speed ahead back into bigotry mode. I guarantee you if I owned a shop that said Jew Free Zone or Black People Free Zone I would be called a bigot and rightfully so! But apparently it's okay to discriminate against Muslims because of terrorism.

In the spirit of hateful generalizing and scapegoating im going to put a sign on my lawn that says "I am armed, and you are stupid. Get off my lawn."

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

God Bless Freedom of speech in the US, enjoy it while it last.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

Yeah, we covered everyone's right to free speech but ignore the fact he isn't allowing Muslim Americans their right to bear arms from his store. If his sign read, Radical Muslim-Free Zone I'd support it but it doesn't and he knows exactly what he's doing.

So I say, no good but it's your right to display your bigotry for all to see.
edit on 13-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

And God bless the right to bear arms, unless you're Muslim and wanting to shop at his store. Hopefully no other gun shop owners follow in his footsteps.

And again, no one in this thread has ever said he doesn't have to the right to say or display whatever he wants nor has anyone said they want to take the right away...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Yeah, we covered everyone's right to free speech but ignore the fact he isn't allowing Muslim Americans their right to bear arms from his store. If his said read, Radical Muslim-Free Zone I'd support it but it doesn't and he knows exactly what he's doing.

So I say, no good but it's your right to display your bigotry for all to see.

Well it is his right as a private gun shop owner to sell to whoever he wants, those muslim americans can buy anywhere else they wish, just another bend over backwards comment. I understand right now it is hard to point fingers, as any nutcase could come running with a gun. However, if a group of youngsters with hoodies came into a store wanting to buy weapons and the shop assistant didn't want to sell to them, he could have said. ''I ban selling to hooded thugs''.

It is the same but in current, ''listen to the muslims!'' world we live in right now, its all over the news.
edit on 13-12-2015 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Vroomfondel

If you think this is all tongue in cheek then you should watch his video from July (and feel free to watch other videos on his channel). Nothing tongue in cheek about it.

It's ironic, he's claims US politicians are attacking Christianity but then he turns around and attacks Islam. If he was all about poking fun how about he poke some fun at his own religion and others? He's not, and that's because he's a bigot, even though he claims he isn't because actions are clearly louder than words.

I watched the video twice and came to this conclusion: you have issues.

According to obama we are at war with isis. How do you fight a war without targeting the enemy? How do you target the enemy without being called a bigot for singling them out as your target? Its war, not bigotry.

In WWII we stopped immigration from Germany, Italy, and Japan because we didn't know who were the good guys and who were the bad guys. Carter stopped immigration from Iran during the hostage crisis because we didn't know who were the good guys and who were the bad guys. obama clearly cant tell who are the good guys and who are the bad guys but he insists on importing thousands of potential terrorists and ships them across the country, largely without saying where they were going. Was stopping immigration during WWII and the Iran hostage crisis examples of bigotry or was it common sense during wartime? Is this any different?

The Boston marathon bombers were both fully vetted. The SB shooters were both fully vetted. Obviously our efforts at vetting are insufficient. So this guy adds his own vetting, the only way he can, and he is called a bigot.

It was just a few days ago on these forums where people were rabid about defending a restaurant owners right to ban conceal carry on his own property in the name of safety. Those same people, and more, are the ones calling this guy a bigot for banning muslims from his own property in the name of safety.

Burning the hypocrisy candle at both ends. Amazing.
edit on 13-12-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Yeah, obviously it's his right but I'm just pointing out how ironic it all is. He has the right to deny anyone his business yet claims to be a good patriot who denies innocent Americans their right to bear arms because of his prejudice. He claims the US gov't is attacking his religion, Christianity, yet he attacks Islam openly. Irony at its best.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Yeah, obviously it's his right but I'm just pointing out how ironic it all is. He has the right to deny anyone his business yet claims to be a good patriot who denies innocent Americans their right to bear arms because of his prejudice. He claims the US gov't is attacking his religion, Christianity, yet he attacks Islam openly. Irony at its best.

How is he denying anyone the right to bear arms? They can still get guns, just not from him. He isn't stopping them at all. And how do you know the people he is denying are innocent Americans?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Freedom of speech is applauded and cheered here, but in another thread when the same right exercised by a minority group, then there is ambiguity.

'M'rika'

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The shop owner is definitely a bigot, and if he puts this sign outside of his store, he is discriminating against his customers and potential employees based on their religious preferences.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I have issues? Thanks for the insult, that was totally warranted. So you watched that video twice and that's the only conclusion you came up with? Really? Lemme ask you, do you support banning all Muslims from the USA?

The enemy is not Islam. It's not all 2 billion Islamic followers. The enemy is radical Islam and clearly the US has been fighting that failure of a war for a very long time, putting us in further debt while only fueling radical Islams ranks with each bombing and military occupation.

Don't even compare WWII to terrorism because they are apples and oranges.

The Boston bombers and their families weren't terrorists when they were "vetted". The brothers became radicalized all on their own a decade later. You can't blame that on US vetting. Natural born American, British, French, Australian citizens all became radicalized to and joined ISIS on their own accord.

Please, tell me how this man has a vetting system? How does he distinguish a Muslim from a non Muslim? I suppose if their skin is brown he's not selling to them even if their Christian. Sounds kinda racist to me.

I have no idea what restaurant thread you're talking about or its relation to this one but I assume you're just attacking more posters and only you know what you're talking about because I surely don't.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Really, you don't see the irony in his actions by banning all Muslims and stopping them from buying weapons at his store? He claims to be a patriot and represents America. America, a nation founded on freedom of religion and the right to bear arms, yet this gun shop owner denies them the right be to Muslim in his store while denying them the right to bear arms from purchasing weapons from his store. Thank god he's not a politician.

How do I know the people he's denying are innocent Americans? Are you implying ALL Muslims are not innocent and are terrorists?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

His store has been Muslim-Free since July and he's really proud of himself.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
The shop owner is definitely a bigot, and if he puts this sign outside of his store, he is discriminating against his customers and potential employees based on their religious preferences.

That's ok the other bigots will have their revenge when they finally ban guns.

Watch for the next episode of Islamphobes versus the Gunphobes.

edit on 13-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I have issues? Thanks for the insult, that was totally warranted. So you watched that video twice and that's the only conclusion you came up with? Really? Lemme ask you, do you support banning all Muslims from the USA?

The enemy is not Islam. It's not all 2 billion Islamic followers. The enemy is radical Islam and clearly the US has been fighting that failure of a war for a very long time, putting us in further debt while only fueling radical Islams ranks with each bombing and military occupation.

Don't even compare WWII to terrorism because they are apples and oranges.

The Boston bombers and their families weren't terrorists when they were "vetted". The brothers became radicalized all on their own a decade later. You can't blame that on US vetting. Natural born American, British, French, Australian citizens all became radicalized to and joined ISIS on their own accord.

Please, tell me how this man has a vetting system? How does he distinguish a Muslim from a non Muslim? I suppose if their skin is brown he's not selling to them even if their Christian. Sounds kinda racist to me.

I have no idea what restaurant thread you're talking about or its relation to this one but I assume you're just attacking more posters and only you know what you're talking about because I surely don't.

It wasn't an insult, just an observation.

I support banning muslim immigration until we can be certain we are not allowing terrorists in. Its called vetting. Do you disagree with that?

Radical islam is part of islam. The problem you dont want to acknowledge is that you cant tell the difference.

WWII or the war on terror. Both are wars. And you can lose both quickly by letting in the enemy.

You claim the Boston bombers became radicalized ten years after they were vetted. I would like to know how you know that. And you made no mention of the SB shooters. We know that wasn't ten years ago...oh, thats why you ignored them...

I said vetting the only way he can - 'no muslims allowed'. His way is better than anything obama has come up with so far.

You may not be familair with the other thread, but you can still see the hypocrisy of people arguing for a restaurant owners right to ban people he thinks may be dangerous even though they could be law abiding innocent citizens and this guys right to ban people he thinks may be dangerous even though they could be law abiding innocent citizens. You honestly cant see the hypocrisy in that? Really?

You don't know what you are talking about, so you just assume I am attacking people. There is that liberal tolerance I love so much. Not to mention the treasured American 'innocent until proven guilty'.

I have to give you credit though. You stepped it up a notch. Now its a hypocrisy roman candle. Can I say that or is that a bigoted label in pc land?
edit on 13-12-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Really, you don't see the irony in his actions by banning all Muslims and stopping them from buying weapons at his store? He claims to be a patriot and represents America. America, a nation founded on freedom of religion and the right to bear arms, yet this gun shop owner denies them the right be to Muslim in his store while denying them the right to bear arms from purchasing weapons from his store. Thank god he's not a politician.

How do I know the people he's denying are innocent Americans? Are you implying ALL Muslims are not innocent and are terrorists?

He is not denying them the right to bear arms. He does not have to sell to them or anybody else. It is his choice. Their right to bear arms is not dependent on this one dealer. At least make an effort here...

I am not implying anything. I am asking you a question you still haven't answered. How do you know the people he is denying aren't terrorists? If you can tell who is and who isn't, you are the only one. If you know who the good guys are, then by default, you must know who the bad guys are too. Are you turning in all the bad guys so you don't have to bear responsibility for any attacks they make, or are you ready to abandon this lame approach?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

It's clearly an insult. You don't know me and you're probably not a medical doctor so an insult is an insult.

Not surprised you support banning Muslims. Good news, that will never happen.

Radical Islam is obviously apart of Islam. You assume I don't acknowledge that. You assume a lot.

WWII and the War on Terror have little in common except that the word War is in the title.

Do a google search on the Boston Bombers, I'm not here to educate you on things you don't know. Sorry I forgot to mention the SB shooters. Syed Rizwan Farook was a natural born citizen and parents immigrated from Pakistan, and as far as I know aren't terrorists. His wife obviously was from the Middle East and was allowed into the US when he married her because that's how it works. He became radicalized all on his own.

Again, how does this man vet Muslims, or rather, identify Muslims? By their clothing and skin color? Sounds racist. Obama's vetting system? You make it sound as if Obama has created this system all on his own but I'm not surprised you have no idea how it works and how long this system has been in place. Hint: it's been active long before Obama even thought about being president.

How could I agree with a thread and it's participants without knowing anything about it except what you tell me? Either way, it's a non issue in this thread so you may as well just leave it alone.

Funny you assume I'm a liberal because I don't agree with you. Your assumption count is breaking records today!

Please elaborate and list my hypocrisies. Is it bigoted? So far you do sounds quite bigoted against the entire Muslim population. Shall I post the definition for you? PC land? Love how obsessed people are with being anti PC. Fun fact, I'm not PC nor do I support it. I do support tolerance though. What a horrible idea that is, right?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I'm am tired of repeating myself so I will just ignore the first part of your post.

How do I know any Muslim who may buy a gun from his store isn't a terrorist? How would anyone know, well except for maybe the gov't. How the hell would he know? He doesn't, so he's just gonna pull out the prejudice card and assume all Muslims are potential terrorists. Meanwhile, you're more like to be killed by a non Muslim American with a gun who can just as easily buy weapons from his store. So by his logic, and yours, he should close up shop because he can't vet every single person who buys a gun from him. Wait a second, don't gun shops have to vet someone buying a gun from them? Oh yes, they have to run their identity through state and federal databases.

But you know what else could happen. Any would be terrorist who is a Muslim and wants to buy weapons from his store can pay anyone, like a white man, to purchase weapons for them. Criminals have been doing this forever.

Your logic and his are completely flawed but if you want to support ignorance be my guest because clearly you've learned nothing from this thread.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join