It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun shop owner selling 'Muslim Free Zone' signs in Florida

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

A Florida gun store owner who made international headlines is at it again. He’s selling a new product meant to stir things up.

“What we are finding is that people are afraid of radical Islam. They are afraid of political correctness,” said Hallinan.

“And for every person, we have what seems like 300 or 400 that are in support,” he said.

Presidential contender Donald Trump’s recent statements about banning all Muslim entry to the United States seem to echo what Hallinan’s been talking about.

“If we don’t have data behind who they are, we don’t know who their ties are. We don’t know who these people are coming overseas,” said Hallinan.

Now Hallinan is taking his "Muslim Free Zone" idea and selling a take-home version.

For $24.99, you can buy a small red sign in the shape of a stop sign.

Gun shop owner selling 'Muslim Free Zone' signs in Florida - KJRH, Dec. 11, 2015.

So this jackass is back in the news still being as bigoted as he ever was. Back in July he made the news circuit declaring his gun shop was a Muslim Free Zone and he took a lot of back lash over it and apparently seemed to take back his comments but as seen here he's going full speed ahead back into bigotry mode. I guarantee you if I owned a shop that said Jew Free Zone or Black People Free Zone I would be called a bigot and rightfully so! But apparently it's okay to discriminate against Muslims because of terrorism.
edit on 12/13/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added source per request.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Let me predict how this is going to go....

On second thought, naw. We all know. All too well.

Keep that hate alive

edit on 12/12/2015 by ~Lucidity because: to not too

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Bigotry as a publicity stunt

Depressing

+41 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I guess the people who buy these signs aren't entitled to their freedom of expression or "safe spaces".
edit on 12-12-2015 by PresidentCamacho because: (no reason given)

+40 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I can't belive what some people will do.
They have no ethics.

$24.99 is outrageous!

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Although...better the bigot you know and can stay away from...so yeah, everyone who feels this way should definitely get one of these. And anyone who gets one of these and gets blowback can just shut the flock up.

And hell, I've been inspired. Think these will sell for $13.99! One size fits all!

edit on 12/12/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

link   
Well presidentcomacho

There is nothing stopping you getting your sign.... Better be quick though they might sell out
edit on 12-12-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Swills

Conflict sells, this person took a lesson straight from politicians bookshelves.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: PresidentCamacho

Indeed, perhaps, they can start sowing Star of David like Islamic patches to force the Muslim population to wear whilst they are at it.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Freedom of speech is great and they have every right to show their neighbors how bigoted they are.

Who is this sign for anyway? Clearly Muslims aren't raiding peoples homes and even if they were are these signs supposed to thwart them? Are these signs supposed to ward off any would-be Muslim preaching the word of Allah? Home owners are usually the ones inviting people to their homes and if they want their home to be Muslim free then they obviously won't invite Muslims over.

So this sign only promotes bigotry.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I too thought that same thing. What sign costs that much? The gun shop owner is trying to profit off of his hatred. How pathetic.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: PresidentCamacho
I guess the people who buy these signs aren't entitled to their freedom of expression or "safe spaces".

Awww...so they are afraid.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This is so stupid I don't even know what to say.

I once went gun shopping for AK style rifles with an Iranian friend. He happened to have a lot of knowledge as, at the time, I didn't know anything about AK pattern rifles.

He is Muslim.

Stop the hate.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Is someone stopping people from buying these?

What exactly does it keep people safe from?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: PresidentCamacho

Awww...so they are afraid.

Hell yeah!

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RevPaul

It has the exact same effect as gun free zone signs.
Absolutely none.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The ignorance is strong with this gun shop owner :/

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
The ignorance is strong with this gun shop owner :/

But the marketing is strong.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: RevPaul

It has the exact same effect as gun free zone signs.
Absolutely none.

Yup

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

The biggest problem I see with this isn't necessarily the hatred. It's the fear.

I've been deathly afraid many times. Especially in combat zones. The problem is that people who do this kind of # out of fear create a box for themselves to continue to be afraid.

Can you imagine what a #ty soldier I would be if I let fear dictate my every move? If I had let it consume me the good I did while deployed would have been erased.

These people are pathetic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join