It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we all please admit that the threat of ISIS is going to amount to nothing.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The Middle East isn't being bombed in my name, either.

Here's a question that I want to ask but don't want to bring down a heap of wrath on my head from ATS. Here seems like a 'safe space'

By what right is the West currently bombing Syria? To my knowledge Syria isn't in the EU, isn't in the Commonwealth and isn't a State of America. So where is the justification for dropping bombs on people we disapprove of in a country that isn't remotely ours and, presumably, didn't ask for us to provide this sort of 'help' ?

Here's something - I deplore the fact that ISIS or whoever are destroying beautiful temples etc that have stood in the Middle East for centuries, that precious artifacts are being destroyed or looted. I could weep for the loss, and I'm serious. But I'm not crying out for the culprits to be bombed into oblivion along with any innocent bystanders who just get in the way. Or for the indigenous population to have their homes, livelihoods and everything they hold dear ruined.

Please - how does bombing solve the problem? And I'm not a bleeding heart leftie - I just don't see how it solves anything.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I am going to ignore you from now on unless you can do anything other than spout MSM propaghanda and hope for a new terror.

You are contradicting youself with your ISIS and "lone wolf" statements.

Give me examples of ISIS terror threats. I will concede if you can show how they are a threat without retailation.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
The Middle East isn't being bombed in my name, either.

Here's a question that I want to ask but don't want to bring down a heap of wrath on my head from ATS. Here seems like a 'safe space'

By what right is the West currently bombing Syria? To my knowledge Syria isn't in the EU, isn't in the Commonwealth and isn't a State of America. So where is the justification for dropping bombs on people we disapprove of in a country that isn't remotely ours and, presumably, didn't ask for us to provide this sort of 'help' ?

Here's something - I deplore the fact that ISIS or whoever are destroying beautiful temples etc that have stood in the Middle East for centuries, that precious artifacts are being destroyed or looted. I could weep for the loss, and I'm serious. But I'm not crying out for the culprits to be bombed into oblivion along with any innocent bystanders who just get in the way. Or for the indigenous population to have their homes, livelihoods and everything they hold dear ruined.

Please - how does bombing solve the problem? And I'm not a bleeding heart leftie - I just don't see how it solves anything.

You need to direct your questions to the Rothschild's and the Bank of England not the tin foil hat brigade here on ATS.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

Never underestimate ATS's tinfoil hat brigade. This lot are inventive - if anyone can come up with an answer that makes actual sense, I'd trust it to be them.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: nonspecific

Eh, I am discussing. That's why I commented, guy. Thanks for the invite, though. Still not seeing how it mitigates the attack. The Hebdo attack wasn't because of Syria. Coulibaly didn't kill the people he killed because of Syria, at least not that I've ever read anywhere.

It's rather hysterical that you're using violent acts perpetrated by IS members or affiliates in an attempt to prove they aren't a threat, though.

Nope, not getting any of that.

Hysteria is a state of panic, exactly what we are now approaching.

Usuaslly got a lot of time for your posts, hows about actually saying how and why you think that ISIS is a real and genuine threat to the UK and US?

Other than MSM nonsense and all
what's the numbers currently with ISIS what are there military capibilities?

Come on it's a political scam and we all know it.

Big wars bring big profits, prove me wrong

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Never underestimate ATS's tinfoil hat brigade. This lot are inventive - if anyone can come up with an answer that makes actual sense, I'd trust it to be them.

Are you shilling for Reynolds Wrap?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask

What does that have to do with the question in point?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I'm going to ignore you now, unless you can do anything other than repeat yourself ad nauseum and then declare yourself the victor.

Big war = big profit. When did I say they weren't? Why do I have to prove you wrong?

My dishwasher is full. Prove me wrong.

See how irrelevant that is to the OP? Now you've moved in to asking nonsensical questions to claim victory.

I never have, including now, claimed that IS is some monumental threat to society. Point of fact, I said quite the opposite in my original comment in your thread. My government hasn't been trying to make IS out to be some massive threat. If anything, they've been trying to minimize it. Do you not recall the "JV team" comment? Along with all the other comments denigrating the threat posed by IS? The only real threat IS poses to the US is being the cause of IS inspired attacks carried out by affiliates and supporters. And I'm sorry, but your claim that the attacks only happen because of Syria falls apart when the attack is done by somebody who is Paris born and raised, or California born and raised.

If we're going to advance the notion that America and the U.K. should stay out of Syria because bombing Syrian targets causes attacks in retaliation, then surely we can advance the notion that if you've spent your entire life living in California you probably shouldn't be attacking anybody over what happened in a country you've never been too.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: Enochstask

What does that have to do with the question in point?

I guess you don't have a sense of humor.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I do have a sense of humour sir I just missed the relavance in my heartfelt Op regarding the current situation in the world.

Screw you and any horses you may or may not have rode in on.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I actually have a lot of time for your posts although the more antoganistic ones i tend to ignore.

I call a truce on this but in 18 months I suggest we get together and have an open discussion about what happened in Syria and what happend with the ISIS situation?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I do have a sense of humour sir I just missed the relavance in my heartfelt Op regarding the current situation in the world.

Screw you and any horses you may or may not have rode in on.

Next time email me and tell me what to say on your post that way me and my horse won't get screwed.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
"" Can we all please admit that the threat of ISIS is going to amount to nothing. ""

trouble is, ISIS threats are already amounting to more than "nothing"

dream on and keep supporting their efforts...

exposures are enlightening

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
"" Can we all please admit that the threat of ISIS is going to amount to nothing. ""

trouble is, ISIS threats are already amounting to more than "nothing"

dream on and keep supporting their efforts...

exposures are enlightening

I am intruged?

Please show me how the threat of ISIS has affected your life?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I am going to ignore you from now on unless you can do anything other than spout MSM propaghanda and hope for a new terror.

Give me examples of ISIS terror threats. I will concede if you can show how they are a threat without retailation.

The only person who would say something like that is a sympathiser who is trying to fool us into complacency to gain another window to attack

How ISIS threatens the West

ISIS threatens Britian

ISIS threatens the Whitehouse

IS has become an existential threat to the West

Iraq warned Paris day before attacks happened

Happy reading

edit on 12-12-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

The only person who would say something like that is a sympathiser who is trying to fool us into complacency to gain another window to attack

How ISIS threatens the West

ISIS threatens Britian

ISIS threatens the Whitehouse

IS has become an existential threat to the West

Iraq warned Paris day before attacks happened

Happy reading

Really? is that the best you have?

I will see you here in a year and a half and guess who was scared of ISIS?

Anyone remember the fear of the Taliban? Your'e on ATS for fk's sake they have a whole sub forum for 9/11 and you are buying the ISIS hype?

Good luck and god speed, the only thing you need to be scared of is your own politicians and the trauma they create for you so you beg them to take away your rights.
edit on 12/12/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

That depends on what you see as ISIS ...

If we "assume" what the MSM is saying is true ... then why are we allowing muslims to immigrate here? sounds like sorta backwater logic ... that's like if you've got a neighborhood where there are gangs, and you decide to randomly go there and invite someone to live in your house. Think it's "logical" to take that chance?

Now, if we also "assume" that ISIS is what the MSM say it is. Then why would they attack some bystanders on the streets? Most likely people who know nothing, have little to do with anything. Killing them, won't accomplish anything.

Let's assume, that ISIS wants to "revenge" for the death of innocent bystanders in the middle east that were bombed by the US/UK and want the western countries to feel how it is, to lose "innocent" bystanders.

Just for arguments sake ... is there anyone here, who thinks anyone here feel a surge in increase of sympathy for the group? anyone?

Now, if you want revenge ... why don't they target the people that ARE responsible? Cheney, Bush, Blair ... and similar ilks. If you want a country to feel sorrow ... nothing like the sorrow the US felt, when kennedy was shot ... now is there.

Isn't it just amazing, that these terror groups aren't doing anything that would really enflict pain? nothing at all ...

What they do, is provide the US with another excuse to send troops to the ME ... to break the promise, of no more boots. And UK, same thing ... nobody benefits from this ... like the warmongers in the west. They're having a party at global war comittee ... called the weather summit ... laughing, and having fun.

Is there anyone here, that thinks that ANY terrorist group is even TRYING to hit them ... where it will hurt?

NO.

Time for you to think out of the box ... and that maybe these guys

ISIS

and these guys ...

Militariz ed ISIS

and these guys here ...

ISIS in the desert

and these guys here

ISIS on the marsh

Represent the same thing ... as in a non-democratic society, these guys don't have to take responsibility for their actions ... so they all wear a mask.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

Also, the creation of IS has a purpose. I do not think they have completed this purpose. When IS allegedly attacks our home soil in a major way, will you retract your words?

I seriously believe that a major attack is planned, probably several at the same time.

Please be safe and go for the head of the snake, not the foot soldier. Your intentions are in the right place but your beliefs in regards to the facts of the situation are misguided in my opinion.

I respect your opinions but I will refer you to the threat of ALKIDA and AIDS and BIRD FLU and all these other supposed threats to our safety and freedom which simply mask the acts of corrupt business orientated officials.

UK only question? can I say twat?

How much drugs/alcohol have you consumed?

I'm trying to help you lol.

You can say twat but it exposed your purple (drapes).

Be good my son.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I find myself agreeing with you in principle Nonspecific. Will horrible acts of violence continue indefinitely? Yes. Will it really affect the west in some quality of life altering way? Not unless we let it, or more specifically, let our governments alter it.

Just as terrorististic organisations have existed forever, Daesh is just the flavour of the day and will at some point become irrelevant and disappear under the sands of time. True there will always be that small faction hiding in the Mosques and Madrassas of the world but without the motivators of Western Imperialism and ideological and political chest puffing they will never be able to strike at the hearts of our societies. Cause pain and suffering to an unfortunate few, certainly, but the more they marginalize the less they will be able to recruit.

My two cents anyway. I'll leave it here as I'm starting to build a wall of text.
edit on 12/12/2015 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

(post by real_one removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join