It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we all please admit that the threat of ISIS is going to amount to nothing.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I may be wrong here and imagine that this will either garner hatred or distain.

ISIS or IS or Daesh or whatever we may choose our MSM to call them today or tommorow will not destroy us. Yes they will commit acts of atrocity in countries you have never been to and know nothing about. Car bombs will be set off, people will die.

The attacks in Paris were a direct result of French military bombings in Syria by sympathisers. The supposed attacks in the US are simply the utilisation of a very small percentage of a population to justify a very profitable bombing of a country that does not want or need a war.

History shows us that war is good for business. I will not dignify wars that have been fought that were for profit only but since the second world war I will find it hard to justify one.

Not in my name and I will argue this one to the end.

I ask those that are scared or belive that this cluster# of a political business decision to explain how and why we are doing this.

ISIS is not the threat your government wants you to think it is

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Yep, just like last years Ebola invasion.
They just throw sht against the wall to see what sticks.

edit on 12-12-2015 by NowWhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

When isis isn't useful to the west they will be replaced by another boogeyman.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Maybe in your cozy little world.

Dictate your title to the people of Syria and Iraq.

You are not the center of the universe.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Also, the creation of IS has a purpose. I do not think they have completed this purpose. When IS allegedly attacks our home soil in a major way, will you retract your words?

I seriously believe that a major attack is planned, probably several at the same time.

Please be safe and go for the head of the snake, not the foot soldier. Your intentions are in the right place but your beliefs in regards to the facts of the situation are misguided in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

Maybe in your cozy little world.

Dictate your title to the people of Syria and Iraq.

You are not the center of the universe.

And your point is?

As said in the OP the threat of ISIS is very real in the middle east?

In the UK and US it is just a boogy man to fuel the MSM and tabloids with the intention of removing civil liberties.

Your go chief

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I believe is is less likely it will happen in the US than likely. I do agree there will be more instances in other countries. Middle Eastern and African countries for sure.

I do not think I can definitively say it will 'amount to nothing' anywhere else, including the US. I don't depend on the government or the MSM to tell me how much of a threat ISIS is.

I am not giving you either disdain or hate. Your reasoning is reasonable, especially in regard to WHY the government may try to scare us and I think a certain political faction wants to scare us even more.

I am truly afraid of single or small groups of radicalized Muslims than, say, the entirety of the ISIS army invading.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

Also, the creation of IS has a purpose. I do not think they have completed this purpose. When IS allegedly attacks our home soil in a major way, will you retract your words?

I seriously believe that a major attack is planned, probably several at the same time.

Please be safe and go for the head of the snake, not the foot soldier. Your intentions are in the right place but your beliefs in regards to the facts of the situation are misguided in my opinion.

I respect your opinions but I will refer you to the threat of ALKIDA and AIDS and BIRD FLU and all these other supposed threats to our safety and freedom which simply mask the acts of corrupt business orientated officials.

UK only question? can I say twat?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
We should just surrender to ISIS and get it over with. Enact Sharia Law and read nothing but the Koran then we will have a peaceful country.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask
We should just surrender to ISIS and get it over with. Enact Sharia Law and read nothing but the Koran then we will have a peaceful country.

Yes you are right we should.

And then all go out and contract ebola from Aficans.

I really am at the end of what we in England would call "our tether"

Pound to a penny this ISIS thing will amount to nothing other than political proaghanda and restriction of civil rights.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Pound to a penny this ISIS thing will amount to nothing other than political proaghanda and restriction of civil rights.

Of course we would have to outlaw Melton Mowbray pork pies.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You are half right. ISIS is an excuse to pass more draconian surveillance laws

BUT

They are real. Their bombs are real, their agenda to bring Wahabi Islam to the world is real. The US and everyone else who gave arms to the rebels in the north of Syria created them, but that idea was like trying to befriend a rabid dog. They are answering to nobody.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
IS only attacked France because France bombed IS? And that's supposed to mitigate the Paris attack...how, exactly?

When you dismiss an attack as a false flag, inside job, etc then of course on your mind there is no threat. But since nobody has proved that it was in fact a false flag, that notion is simply in your head.

Yea, you're more likely to get hit by a bus than killed by a terrorist if you're inside the US. But that doesn't make IS some non-threat, like you want them to be and claim they are.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I am serious here mofo.

This will ammount to nothing no need to threaten pork pies.

ISIS is a lie and the only reason they will react in the UK is because the MSM made some needy UK peoples fight against something that should never have been there.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
IS only attacked France because France bombed IS? And that's supposed to mitigate the Paris attack...how, exactly?

When you dismiss an attack as a false flag, inside job, etc then of course on your mind there is no threat. But since nobody has proved that it was in fact a false flag, that notion is simply in your head.

Yea, you're more likely to get hit by a bus than killed by a terrorist if you're inside the US. But that doesn't make IS some non-threat, like you want them to be and claim they are.

ISIS bomed Paris in retaliation.

Discuss or disprove it's entirely up to you.

Not an ISIS fan but hey it's not rocket science given what happened just before.

Shock and awe eh?

WHOOOO HOOO....

Whooops they fought back...

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I am serious here mofo.

ISIS is a lie and the only reason they will react in the UK is because the MSM made some needy UK peoples fight against something that should never have been there.

The bit you are misunderstanding is this;

ISIS appeals to disgruntled Muslims in our western nations. It's an ideology - if you hate where you live it's because Allah is pissed because you are not all living under strict Islam. Therefore the establishment needs to be brought down and a wahabi caliphate installed.

Lots of Muslims either sympathise with or openly and fully support this ideology. It's the same philosophy Christianity used when following the explorers of the new world - assimilate them or let the heathens die.

And it is why we are seeing lone wolf attacks happening. These people are 'doing it for ISIS and Allah' even though they probably have no actual connections to ISIS in Syria / Iraq.

ISIS and it's filthy ideology are very real and should be viewed as a threat.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I am serious here mofo.

They are real because no one has the spine to call this nonsense out. I am anticipating the worst outcome and later today I will be prayer rug shopping.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Eh, I am discussing. That's why I commented, guy. Thanks for the invite, though. Still not seeing how it mitigates the attack. The Hebdo attack wasn't because of Syria. Coulibaly didn't kill the people he killed because of Syria, at least not that I've ever read anywhere.

It's rather hysterical that you're using violent acts perpetrated by IS members or affiliates in an attempt to prove they aren't a threat, though.
edit on 12-12-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

There always has to be a boogeyman, something of which we are supposed to be fearful, that is constantly thrown in our face. Bad guy Iraq, now bad guy Iran and Syria, and the wheel goes round and round.

The al Queda and Taliban card has been over-played and lost its effect, so now we have ISIS plastered everywhere.

Quite convenient, I would say.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Yes they will commit acts of atrocity in countries you have never been to and know nothing about. Car bombs will be set off, people will die.

Talk to the families of the dead and ask them if it "amounts to nothing" in their opinions.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join