It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS 03.07: Radical Right Wing Terrorism; That's Right, We Said it.

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

The thing about deflecting with humor is it works better if you are actually funny.

You don't find what I posted interesting, fair enough then don't respond. There is zero substance in your post. I said both the war on terror and the idea of right wing terror are both overblown to strip us of our rights. I feel the video in the op is incorrect in its assessment that right wing terror is a huge threat and worse than Islamic terror.

You are criticizing me for showing that right wing terror is not worse than Islamic terror like in San Bernardino. You attempt to do that by showing how right wingers in Germany terrorize families without committing violence.

As far as context being my friend, you accused me of saying all black on white hate crimes were left wing terror but missed the CONTEXT that I was showinghow silly it was that the study in the op did the same thing with white crime.

You are quick to post snarky comments and videos against the idea of fighting a war on terror but you yourself spread fear by acknowging how bad right wing terror is in Germany. At least I acknowledge both sides are overblown.

If you want to talk substance I am more than happy to hear you out, but I have no interest in exchanging further barbs with you.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: buster2010

There are plenty of Christian terrorists.

They are far fewer in number than Islamic terrorists around the world. They are also mostly locally acting.

There is a few Christian terror groups many don't even consider. Mexican Drug Cartels are filled to the brim with people who would consider themselves Christian.

You can't be Christian and terrorist. The two are mutually exclusive. With God on side, there's nothing much to do any way.

If anyone knows the *Mole, can you pass this on? Cheers!

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Wait... since when did West Point become left wing?

That's an insanely misinformed statement.

Hummm, I don't know since they claimed and I quote:

“While liberal worldviews are future- or progressive -oriented, conservative perspectives are more past-oriented, and in general, are interested in preserving the status quo.” the report says. “The far right represents a more extreme version of conservatism, as its political vision is usually justified by the aspiration to restore or preserve values and practices that are part of the idealized historical heritage of the nation or ethnic community.”

The report adds: “While far-right groups’ ideology is designed to exclude minorities and foreigners, the liberal-democratic system is designed to emphasize civil rights, minority rights and the balance of power.”

The report says there were 350 “attacks initiated by far-right groups/individuals” in 2011.

www.washingtontimes.com...

The same type of attempt that NLBS tried to claim that anti-abortion views cause violence... The west point paper tried to link both white supremacists with conservative perspective. Of course while implying such "conservative perspectives" are a thing of the past and not for a "future progressive nation."

edit on 16-12-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
The west point paper tried to link both white supremacists with conservative perspective.

I'm beginning to wonder if you even know West Point is.

And in an academic context, such as the extensive report (from Dr. Arie Perliger. the Director of Terrorism Studies at the Combating Terrorism Center and Associate Professor at the Department of Social Sciences, US Military Academy at West Point), "progressive" isn't automatically synonymous with "liberal."

edit on 16-12-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Liberal Military Officer School....That just doesn't fit any way you write it.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
I'm beginning to wonder if you even know West Point is.

And in an academic context, such as the extensive report (from Dr. Arie Perliger. the Director of Terrorism Studies at the Combating Terrorism Center and Associate Professor at the Department of Social Sciences, US Military Academy at West Point), "progressive" isn't automatically synonymous with "liberal."

i know what "West Point" is... And being a military academy doesn't exclude it from being, or becoming left wing. More so after the firing/purges of high level officers who tend to disagree with the Obama administration's goals. Of course with such broad excuses of "lack of leadership" and "policy violations", anyone that the Obama administration wishes to fire from their military posts, or any government position would quickly find themselves without a job.

Here I also thought that because Perliger mentions that conservative perspectives are not en par with progressivism that one can't be a conservative and a progressive.... Yes, I know the history of RINOs who claimed/claim to be Republicans and in fact espouse/d progressivism.

edit on 16-12-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Great video I couldn't agree more.
BUT how come you can say # and bull# but we can not?.
Do we really consider # #e #ter to be swear words?.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I looked at the videos and the articles about r. wing violence and i think this is b.s. You can name all the groups you want but the fact of the matter is most of these groups, particularly skinheads have long been a scattered remnant of their former selves. When's the last skinhead murder you've heard of? It's been awhile. And to lump the millions of anti abortionists to a couple of crazy people is stupid and everything the left says not to do with Muslims and minorities. For now anyway, to believe in whatever you want to is a tenant of free society.We don't get prosecuted for thought but for deeds and if you look at the deeds there have been FAR MORE violent attacks that you could call terrorism, aka mass shootings committed by Muslims and left wing progressives than by ANY right wing group. It's ridiculous to even challenge that assertion.This is obviously a ploy by the current administration to isolate and ostracize political opposition.In this respect and this one only, this administration is the most transparent in history.They are so transparent in their bias they can't even say the words Muslim and terrorist in the same sentence. A Christian school teacher gets fired for having a moment of silence for the massacred Christians in Syria, but on the other hand schools across the country are having to teach the basics of Islam. A calligraphy class was forced to write 'Allah is the one and only true god and Muhammad is his profit'. It seems apparent to me this drive to label conservative Christians and constitutionalists as terrorists is just the other end of them pushing Islam in our schools.Very transparent indeed.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Would like to point out to members here saying Muslim attacks are far higher than Christian attacks,yeah well we have made a serous mess in their countries in the Middle East so revenge attacks must be expected

Or did the out of touch of reality planners on this war on terror expect to be welcomed on the streets with flowers?

Not only have we killed them in high numbers,our media mocks their faith and insults their beliefs

Look at this board and the threads about Syrian refuges and acts of violence for Syria in retaliation and just contemplate the west has aided and trained some of the many terrorists in Syria that have devastated that country and our collective governments imagine they are the good guys in all this?

It also seems from across the pond our American cousins are politically poles apart with the left and right getting more angry at each other! Could this simmering hatred exploded into a whirlwind of violence?

(post by kopestetiq removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
Would like to point out to members here saying Muslim attacks are far higher than Christian attacks,yeah well we have made a serous mess in their countries in the Middle East so revenge attacks must be expected

Or did the out of touch of reality planners on this war on terror expect to be welcomed on the streets with flowers?

Not only have we killed them in high numbers,our media mocks their faith and insults their beliefs

Look at this board and the threads about Syrian refuges and acts of violence for Syria in retaliation and just contemplate the west has aided and trained some of the many terrorists in Syria that have devastated that country and our collective governments imagine they are the good guys in all this?

It also seems from across the pond our American cousins are politically poles apart with the left and right getting more angry at each other! Could this simmering hatred exploded into a whirlwind of violence?

The media mocks and belittles Christianity on a far greater scale than they do Islam and Christians aren't demanding death to those who dare criticize the teachings of Jesus.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Muslims, who represent just under one percent of the US population, are responsible for over 3000 murders by terrorism.

That is a load of crap. You mind showing me some proof?

Let's not forget the christians who dropped two nuclear weapons on two different cities full of innocent people that had nothing to do whatsoever with the war. THAT IS TERRORISM.

You must be talking about 9/11...which you can't prove muslims did it and it seems like you are suggesting the muslims in this country carried out the attacks. You need to stop letting people tell you what to think.
edit on 19-12-2015 by BLee8127 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2015 by BLee8127 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Why is it considered right-wing terrorism? I know plenty of lefties that have opinions against abortion.

The problem is that the mainstream media has labelled those against certain hot button issues like abortion and gun control as exclusively "right-wing" and repeat it to nauseum until we believe it's true. People seem to ignore the fact that it's a stereotype.
edit on 19-12-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I refuse to get into any kind of debate when the poster has zero clue what the Constitution says. A man who has never read the bill of rights....A man who has no clue what freedom is. Right wing terrorism? I dont see the right trying to fundamentally change American society, I dont see the right trying to take away any more rights than the left....Hey remember NDAA?...yeah Obama singed that...Remember how we were going to stop waring? Well Obama gave you Libya, Syria and a new war against new enemies in Iraq. He has also put us on the brink of WW3 with China AND Russia....BLM, Occupy.....show me a larger collection of idiot a holes.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well Clinton just called Trump a right wing terrorist by saying he helps make Isis propaganda and recruiting materials. Last time I checked Isis uses Obama in their materials too. Can't have it both ways. Also shouldn't we be calling this guy an American Terrorist. Left and right wing terrorism seems to be quite misleading.

edit on 21-12-2015 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I was brought up Conservative and while I will cling to my gun-loving culture until my dying breath, I can say I ABHOR the Muslim bashing I'm seeing constantly. I don't claim to be Liberal or Conservative, I'm a Libertarian. I hate that Muslim-hate propaganda so much I'm damn tempted to go out and protest against everyone I used to stand alongside.

But you're not helping.

You're simply spinning the issue, turning it a 180 so that the arrow points to evil right wingers rather than evil Muslims.

Ever hear of manufactured division? You're making it worse.

Your headline is painful.

And the sad thing is, if you were to make a video about possible solutions that might make BOTH sides shut the hell up, your views would probably plummet. Nobody wants to hear solutions. Everyone wants to hear problems that they think they have a right to bitch about.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go down a few doses of aspirin. My head is killing me now.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Agree with us have no morals no God no scruples or you are a terrorist.
What a load of crap .

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Has anyone else been wondering what the hell happened to ATS?? It used to be a place where you could go and be enthralled for hours with post after post of generally awesome conspiracy info from HAARP to hollow earth to nazis in Antarctica (not that I believe those things , with the exception of HAARP...) yet now it seems that it has become predominantly used for one reason....to attack conservatives.. I have to wonder with all the chatter from our current administration about wanting to regulate these kinds of sites and the dangers of "homegrown extremism" if we haven't been infiltrated (more than the usual govt spooks) by groups with the sole purpose of disseminating all of this leftist tripe. Ever wonder why there is all this focus on "homegrown right wing extremism" ? It becomes much easier to disarm a populace when you ignore the real threats to our country like our porous border and shift the blame from the truly radical (as in a group of people that ACTIVELY engage in acts of horror and barbarism around the world RIGHT NOW , for those who would say" but, but the crusades!!! Remember that, see Christians are crazy barbarians too waaa waaa waaa...") to an anonymous boogeyman of the random American citizen who could become radicalized into a right wing extremist at any moment!!! The only way we can catch them of course would be to further erode our rights to privacy and enact laws that remove the rights of our citizens to protect themselves.....after all....it could be anyone of you!! To reiterate what another poster recently said 99% of these next level BS posts are VERY APTY NAMED... rant over....

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I was sorry to see this absurdity on the front page again this morning. We need to let this go. Let this thread go, among several others on the front page and stop giving so much attention to events that are clearly meant to cause more derision and animosity.

This site has become a breeding ground to proliferate hate among our own people. And it's User-content generated, so the members are doing it.

It is really worth a few stars to add to divisions among our own citizens?

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join