It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convince me that Earth isn't flat

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2
Look,I'm sorry for the way I wrote the post. I'm still learning English,I'm originally from Romania. Maybe I didn't use the right words or frased things very well.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: leopayaso1987

First off I would like to say why every time someone says something on this site that goes against mainstream science are they immediately dismissed and thrown in the hoax or lie bin? It seems like this site itself only wants everyone to believe the same thing, its defiantly a sheeple situation, but if you talk politics its ok.

Second i dont know if the world is flat or round. Does it matter? its not like any of us get to go to space. You have to be a trusted government employee or free mason in order to go to space. And i am talking not just upper atmosphers Im talking getting out there in real space.

I also have one big question all the "pictures of earth" show a perfect sphere but a scientist that is a rock star on twitter and people blindly follow(cant remember his name) he is black gentleman and he says the earth is pear shaped. so why do all are pictures show the earth as perfect sphere?

and last why cant we fly over Antarctica? we certainly have technology that can withstand such cold, the are hiding something and will place military on guard to protect their secret.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ApparentlyStupid
good point. I'll still do a bit if research about it,just out of curiosity.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1
I think it would matter if we all find out tomorrow that the Earth is flat. I'd personally consider that pretty big news

edit on 10-12-2015 by leopayaso1987 because: .

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

big news? only because it would prove the world government is a fraud, not because it would effect physical beings

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
OK some maths in regards to the earths roundness.

billiard balls are made to a "roundness" tolerance of 0.22%

If you measure between the north and south poles, the Earth’s diameter is 12,713.6 km.
If you measure across the Equator it’s 12,756.2 km.
A difference of about 42.6 kilometers.

42.6/12756 =

42.6/12713 =

So it's rounder than a billiard ball, tho technically oblate...
No my bad. almost as round as a billiard ball

edit on 10-12-2015 by ApparentlyStupid because: A mistake in the math

edit on 10-12-2015 by ApparentlyStupid because: Spelling

edit on 10-12-2015 by ApparentlyStupid because: Another math mistake, sorry I'm stupid

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1
Even in those terms,I'd still consider it big news.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ApparentlyStupid
So is it round or oblate ?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: Vector99
Does the moon sometimes look like a crescent in the night sky? You know why that is? It's a shadow of something, I'll let you guess what.

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

That's not caused by the Earths shadow, it's caused by the moons position relative to the Earth and Sun. Otherwise, the "gibbous" phases wouldn't appear round, they would look like someone had taken a bite out of them.

www.moonconnection.com...

Ha, my 5th grade science teacher taught us the moon looking curved was from earth's shadow. Public education for ya

Ok fair enough, since that wasn't a solid proof, how about LOOKING at the curve of the earth?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don't believe the Earth is flat, but there are a lot of people that believe the Earth is hollow and I am not sure about that one yet. What do you think? Of course if it is hollow it would also have to be...you know...round.

There is one theory I read about regarding this. The one in question was frustrating because it was difficult to disprove.

It had to do with the Earth being flipped inside out and we are living on the inside edge. Like if you put a doll on a basketball and flipped it inside out. In this theory, everything we see when we look up is actually inside, looking towards the middle. The further an object got from what we consider to be the surface, the smaller physics became so it becomes impossible to traverse straight through. According to them, though, if you were to travel straight up into the air and through the universe, you would eventually land on the other side of Earth.

Some of these theories are set up so brilliantly with thousands of little fool proof "buts". That one always stuck out as super fun and frustrating.

ps edit - Oh, and gravity was really centrifugal force!
edit on 10-12-2015 by Abysha because: added thought

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Here is pretty simple proof and why sailors didn't believe that: If you sail out on the ocean and have no land in sight at least in one direction, you will see the curvature of the earth for yourself. Only a land locked fool believes the earth is flat.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1 Draw a circle. Place a point in the exact center. Build a skyscraper on the edge of the circle. Now using a plumbbob connect the outer walls of building with point at center. Simple geometry but it won't work???? What does this imply?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If it's flat you can travel to the edge and look over. Nobody has because there isn't one.

Do you really think several hundred years of scientists, travellers and sailors would have "accidentally" missed the edge. Remember some of those travellers journeyed specifically to find the edge instead they found out they had gone round in a circle.

Do yourself a favour read a book based on several hundred years of human discovery instead of the sad ramblings of a people confined to bedrooms wearing tinfoil hats.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Many here cannot fathom being misguided for so long that they refuse to accept the truth or are (very transparently) part of the schtick.

You got us. We all work for TPTB and hang around on the internet all day, just waiting for someone to find out the truth so we can scam them in to believing the Earth is round.

The earth is not a spinning ball. Never was

Prove it. Because every scientific theory and flights to orbit prove it is.

edit on 10-12-2015 by DAVID64 because: correction

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I guess an easy enough proof would be to bounce something in a vacuum, since a bounce is essentially a low orbit. Would the object measure east west spin? Or more simplistically, is spin imparted by contact with Earth? I don't know, I am not a scientist, but when I sit around all day contemplating these things it sure feels like I haven't moved very far.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I am assuming a pilot could tell us whether it takes longer to fly from Vancouver to Toronto or vice versa. Allowing for prevailings and air density one should obviously be shorter every time? Orbits and all.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae The sagnac experiment proves light is bent with spin. Perhaps your eyes deceive you?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kenzohattori69

i would ask you the same thing. please embelish.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
a reply to: kenzohattori69

i would ask you the same thing. please embelish.

The word you're looking for is elaborate, embellish typically implies adding falsehoods to spice up a story.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

eliborate then

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join