It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Invites UK to Analyze Black Box of Downed Jet – Says it Will Expose Turkey for Attacking Jet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

"Russian President Vladimir Putin invited British experts to examine the black box from the Su-24 bomber downed by Turkey last month, the Kremlin’s official website reported Wednesday.

The Russian President made the offer during a phone conversation with British Prime Minister David Cameron when he called to offer Putin his condolences after the incident, which resulted in the death of the plane’s pilot.

Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu showed the black box to Putin at a meeting on Tuesday. The president requested that it remain closed until foreign experts arrive to participate in an investigation into the downing."

Putin has said that international experts must be present when the flight data recorder is analyzed.

Putin Invites UK to Analyze Black Box of Downed Jet – Says it Will Expose Turkey for Attacking Them

Hope this isn't already posted.

Bold move by Putin?

Will be interesting to see what this turns up.

If it proves beyond a doubt that Turkey was the culprit, then what will happen?

ETA: The video clip

edit on 9/12/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

What it will show depends on what parameters are recorded. Not all recorders show navigation data, so it might not show where it was when it was shot down.

Smart move by Putin though. This way he can't be accused of tampering with the data, no matter what it shows.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

There will probably be a silent reluctance to actually go analyze it. Or they will insist to let them take it to a more "secure" location in Europe for analysis in private without witnesses.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

There are so many on here who demonize Putin to no end, however it is actions like this that convince me is not willfully trying to orchestrate WW3.

They should all invite Erdogan to come on over, afterwards he can hand in is resignation!
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmWednesday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
They should do this is as a live TV event, I'd certainly find it more interesting to watch than the majority of crap they put on TV

Bold move by Putin though, I guessing their own radar at Latakia was tracking it as the Turkish interception occured so he knows the truth which is why he's not shying away from UK experts analysis of the data too.

What's more worth noticing is this bit of the article

Then Putin made a seemingly odd remark, which left many wondering exactly what he was implying, when he stated that he hoped the fight against terrorists would not require the use of nuclear weapons. “We know that high-precision weapons can be equipped with both conventional warheads and with special warheads, that is, with nuclear warheads. Naturally, in the fight against the terrorists we hope that is something that will never be needed.”

Does seem odd he'd throw in that comment about nuclear warheads like it's a fore warning to us all

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Russia and the UK have been discussing working together more closely against ISIS. This would be a good start.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The master strategist is playing his game well. Yes, he is one a mission to prove that Turks are in the wrong.

If it is indeed true, than I suppose the Russians would have a reason to consider the Turks actions against them as an act of war.

This revelation can mean Turkeys end with NATO, either that or NATO members may leave memberahip in light of this.

We shall see.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

What it will show depends on what parameters are recorded. Not all recorders show navigation data, so it might not show where it was when it was shot down.

Smart move by Putin though. This way he can't be accused of tampering with the data, no matter what it shows.

just woow it took him that long to invite some one to show fakes , what a looser , i know that i will be shot to death in this thread caus everybody is in love with putin , so have a nice good night with F putin he is your man , wait and see

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It was a good idea not to open the flight data recorder until other neutral parties got involved. However, will the Russians be able to provide a valid chain-of-custody for the "black box"?

Certainly Turkey will question whether this is the actual device that was in the SU-24.

Also the OP article states:

Putin was presented with the airplane’s black box, which was recovered by Syrian and Russian special-forces, by Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu on Tuesday.
Read more at thefreethoughtproject.com...
I would think that the involvement of Syrian government forces could also taint the evidence in the minds of some.

-dex

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

He's not mine by any stretch. That doesn't mean I can't think what I said.

As for the recorder there are ways to tell if it's been tampered with that investigators will look for.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Hoping the other powers take him up on this!
Something smells about Turkey at the moment
or is it that we have just noticed the odour!

I'm not a fan of Putin by the way!
edit on Wed, 09 Dec 2015 17:57:52 -0600575America/ChicagoWednesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

So without knowing what's on the black box he knows what it will show?

Something doesn't sound right. Even weirder was his comment about the use of nukes on terrorist targets. Syria is ok with Russian popping off nukes on their territory?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Yea i think its a good idea too.

But im afraid you are correct on the "taintet evidence"-stand. Pretty sure the Turks will resort to all kinds of chit-chat, in their try to cast doubt on this. Undoubtedly the US will be in the choir too.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Invite them in and find out. That way if it does show something they were there and can confirm it. If it doesn't, no harm no foul.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hey Zaphod. Thanks for the reply.
I was actually hoping that you would turn up, and maybe cast some light on the workings of those black-boxes.
Even if the boxes does not contain any navigational data, wouldn't radar and space observations be able to prove the planes location?
The US should be able to, with their level of technology, and their massive presence in the area.
Thing is, will they share that intel ?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Perhaps Zaphod can clear it up as he's pretty knowledgeable about Air Force operations but wouldn't the radar at Latakia be tracking the planes in the operation and tracking the Turkey jets too ? Also what I find unbelievable through out all of this is that the Turks couldn't identify the aircraft, so they shot it before identifying if it was friend or foe. What if it had been an Israeli aircraft, or French or American ?

a reply to: rigel4

Oh come on the news would love it if it showed Russia were right all along I can just see the headline now...

PUTIN HAS BEEF WITH TURKEY AT CHRISTMAS

It's golden for newspaper headlines

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure Putin has done his homework before going out on this limb.
(Checking the whereabouts of the plane, using radar and satellites)

Yea i agree, that nuke-comment was misplaced.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

lol.. Beef and Turkey don't go well
with each other.. perhaps some wisdom there!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Yea, its bash Putin where ever he shows up. Many people totally forget to stay objective.

This sort of "here is the evidence", and "you'r welcome to have a look", is imho the way to handle these possible dangerous scenarios. Not like many western countries that plays all to close to the chest.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

So without knowing what's on the black box he knows what it will show?

Something doesn't sound right. Even weirder was his comment about the use of nukes on terrorist targets. Syria is ok with Russian popping off nukes on their territory?

No kidding.

'Black Boxes' arent designed to be tamper resistant.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join