It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Invites UK to Analyze Black Box of Downed Jet – Says it Will Expose Turkey for Attacking Jet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

well
that sounds disappointingly insecure even considering it is likely far more

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

No country is right all the time but if russia is trying to turn the tables on this unelected and disgusting cabal that clearly runs the world's powers today, then I hope he starts a revolution - because these psychotic maniacs who probably have more money than they could ever count, need to be got rid of to face the human rights court and their assets and money taken to put right the destruction they have caused all around the world.

Aye Shiloh!

You have eloquently summed up my exact feelings on this!

Thank you

edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amThursday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kloejen
If Putin knows Turkey downed the plane then there has to be evidence that is not on the unopened black box recorder. Why hasn't Putin presented the non black box evidence that proves Turkey shot down the plane?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Clearly, you're not aware that the Russians did admit they crossed the Turkish border, officially at 17 seconds intrusion and they have being arguing that their jet was shot in Syrian Air space rather than Turkish airspace.

If the Russian plane was in Turkish airspace for 17 seconds, the Turks were right to shoot it down, even if it was heading back towards Syria when they fired. Putin is now attempting to change the story again. His hints at nuclear weapons is a desperation move because he knows that his inability to retaliate against Turkey makes him look weak.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
If Putin knows Turkey downed the plane then there has to be evidence that is not on the unopened black box recorder. Why hasn't Putin presented the non black box evidence that proves Turkey shot down the plane?

He has, in the form of a drawing that shows the alleged flight path of the jet. I doubt it will match any actual data.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Turkey admitted they shot it down. What's in dispute is whether it crossed into Turkish airspace, and whether it was back in Syrian airspace when they did.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

If the Russian plane was in Turkish airspace for 17 seconds, the Turks were right to shoot it down, even if it was heading back towards Syria when they fired. Putin is now attempting to change the story again. His hints at nuclear weapons is a desperation move because he knows that his inability to retaliate against Turkey makes him look weak.

You must have a desire for war there DJW001, for only someone with this delusional desire could look at the events that occurred and believe Turkey to be in the right and justified for attempting to spark it.

Russia and Turkey were not enemies, they had business together. For the past 2 months Russia has been destroying Daesh in Syria, it is verified by Syrian people and the fact that their captors are being beat. The fact that Russia even has to get anywhere near Turkey has an ugly implication people like you attempt to ignore, it is a simple fact and it is that these murderous thugs have been gaining access to Syria from Turkey.

Russia did not pose any kind of threat to Turkey, end of story. Apparently this may be untrue, because from the looks of it, the only threat Russia poses to Turkey is the destruction of its creation Daesh. Risking World War 3 not due to a threat to their sovereignty, but to defense of their proxy army.

This is not surprising though, I mean hell, Turkey still denies the Armenian Genocide, good government to support!
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amThursday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Putin throws his weight around and has created a fear factor about Russia, leaving many countries to keep quiet. Turkey has simply retaliated against Putin. He has met his match

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

There will probably be a silent reluctance to actually go analyze it. Or they will insist to let them take it to a more "secure" location in Europe for analysis in private without witnesses.

That's my bet too--the Brits will "graciously" decline the Russian offer.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

You must have a desire for war there DJW001, for only someone with this delusional desire could look at the events that occurred and believe Turkey to be in the right and justified for attempting to spark it.

Only someone who has not observed Putin's bullying tactics against his neighbors can be under the delusional belief that it is wise to appease Putin. By standing up to Putin, Erdogan has guaranteed that Russia will be afraid to risk war against Turkey. It is called "killing a cat."

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Would it be safe to reason that the Russia base in Latakia would have been tracking the flight on radar ?

Just like Turkey would have been tracking the flight on radar to know it entered their airspace ?

I mean they showed us flight path data on TV, both sides, with very different flight paths, so they must have been tracking from radar to be able to come up with this data no ?

I think Putin is confident in his radar data thus he has no problem offering the black box for inspection by outside sources

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

It depends on how far the incident was from their radar. I haven't looked into the distance, but unless it's an OTH radar, which that one isn't, ground based radar is limited to roughly 250 miles depending on altitude. The lower the altitude the shorter the range for the radar.

Turkey has either a permanent radar post nearby, or a mobile radar in the area that would be watching the border area that would have seen the whole thing. The US AWACS would have seen it all too, if they already had radar set up.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

So do you think it's presumptuous from both sides to be using their radar data for evidence ? Will the black box be able to reveal exactly what happened ?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Again, it depends on what it records. The radar data and recorders are evidence to build the entire picture of what happened. I don't think you can point to any one piece of evidence as a smoking gun.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
That's my bet too--the Brits will "graciously" decline the Russian offer.

It depends on the terms of reference and the freedom the UK has in forensically examining the unit to ensure it's not some elaborate hoax, or engineered set up. If the UK has a free hand then I expect the UK would be happy. If the freedom is so narrow that it just looks like window dressing, the UK would probably decline.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If people look at what Putin says you will see the word game hes playing. The jet was downed in Syrian airspace is the russian claim while avoiding, until recently, that its jet violated Turkish airspace. Then the claim by Putin that the jet posed no threat to Turkey while trying to downplay the violation.

The argument from Russia will stick to the "hit in syrian airspace" mantra while avoiding the russian plane violating Turkish airspace bit.

I wonder how many more lies russia will give before this is done? They claim they didnt violate turkish airspace and then they did but the plane posed no threat to Turkey yet iys not the first time russia did this, then it was shot down by a sam, then it was Turkish planes violated Syrian airspace, then it was the russian planes being attacked from behind while heading back to base, then it was all pre-planned, then it was the US being behind it.

If the evidence supports Turkey then all the actions Putin has taken against Turkey will be invalid. Putin doesn't apologize because he is never wrong and the russian media has been doing there thing.

i don't trust the black box has not been tampered with. I think thats why they want the UK involved - an illusion of legitimacy.

Me thinks Putin doth protest to much...
edit on 10-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

would you be arguing the same if Syria or Lebanon would have shot down even a single Israeli jet for the hundreds of time they not only violated the airspace, but even dropped bombs on their infrastructure?? I am not even talking about that brief 2006 war on the Lebanese people, but when they were not fighting.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Nope and I didn't complain when Syria downed a Turkish jet that violated Syrian airspace.

You violate sovereign airspace with a military aircraft you know what the possible outcome is.

Russia seems to think they can do what they want without consequence.
edit on 10-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Exactly. The Russian propaganda ministry has honed the art of churning up the waters so that conspiracy theorists will always have another alternative to the obvious set of facts.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Very slick Mr. Putin, but I see the ruse.

Who says this is really the same flight recorder? Or that it hasn't already been opened and then put back together? When it's opened under independent review of course it's going to make Turkey look bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join