It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why You'd Have to be a Complete Idiot to Take a Flu Shot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Like you, I don't get the shot.

This thread is a great example of how my becoming aware of "the ATS" state of mind and deciding to be less OCD about references and sources might free up some mental energy but lead to frustration if a related thread pops up. I totally got away from FB over a year ago and I don't miss it. My wife didn't so any family needing to reach me still can. I'm just NOT going to be creating lists of links and topic "Just In Case" it comes up on ATS. That's almost as bad as being compulsive about FB.

That said, I read fairly recently that our own government (USA) did a study years ago that clearly shows that not only does the shot not protect against getting it, if you are above a certain age it increases your risk of death. Basically, when someone passes away and they look for a Cause of Death(COD) and it takes a researcher looking at the overall medical history of the deceased to know how the shot is related, if at all. One particular shot (that will go unnamed as I don't want the legal problems) that is available should come with a black label warning, imo. It is three to four times the strength of what I'd get at our family doctor's office and could well be dangerous for someone elderly and run down. No I Don't have the link handy... The best I could do would be to spend the time to dig for it.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
I trust my doctor implicitly. He wants me to get a flu shot, so I get a flu shot. As to being a complete idiot? I trust him more than I trust the University of YouTube. Who's the idiot?

But the truth is, your doctor knows little more than you do about the flu shot - this is the sad truth of it. Not all, but most doctors just believe what they're told too. I have seen enough simple, natural cures work for enough people when doctors prescribed ointments that didn't work, to know full well that doctors are not to be trusted implicitly. To me, it's taking my health into my own hands, finding out information for myself. And as much as you'd like it to be true, there is far more out there to review/study, read than the university of youtube. You'd be surprised what doctors learn in med school: how to diagnose disease and treat it, little else.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

How about using your own body, as a source.

Many of us get far sicker and experience amazing lack of energy, fatigue, and in my case immediate agony in the area where the shot was administered.

I spent many years in hospitals following this, I will NEVER take these shots again, as I know for a FACT, it did not go well with me.

Now, after 25 years, I noticed year by year slowly my health returned once I had realized it was the SHOTS causing me every problem under the sun, and in the last 10 years have achieved levels of health the doctors told me was impossible.

I pity the fools who tell me I need a shot. My New Immune System will repel them faster than any Disease.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'm not saying this out of ego, only to offer myself as an example.

I'm from Long Island, NY. My home is sandwiched between the pollution depot that is NYC and a National Laboratory known for at least a few toxic violations. It's very densely populated here and the germs have a field day, everyday. My daughter is a walking germ incubator from the exposure she gets at her school.

That being said, I haven't been sick at all since 2008. Not even a minor cold. Of course diet, exercise and genetics play a role. But the most significant factor is that I haven't touched a prescription or over-the-counter pill in 8 years. Vaccines or anything injectible included.

I'm a firm believer that there are intentional, man-made pollutions in the air, water, food and western medicines.

And the flu shot is one of those pollutants. It's bizarre to me that so many people in America will blindly trust whatever they're told to put in their bodies.

Especially with the constant controversy over health insurance, prescription drug costs and unethical pharmaceutical companies that just gorge themselves in profits. Nobody questions why a flu shot is so inexpensive, widely available and even advertised heavily?!

The moment Americans start to consider their own health as their responsibility, will be the moment the "healthcare" industry starts to lose profits.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

As you pointed out that if someone needs the flu injection then they already are not able to defend themselves. The old saying of opening Pandora's box, once you take once vaccine in years to come, you'll need more stronger doses effecting our bodies even worse and possibly causing dangerous changes. Point is, once you start that spiral (as we already have) then you get super viruses (as we already have too) and thus nature will always hit harder next time.

So, do as you can naturally. Hopefully on the flip side, some of us will be able to pass on strong immune genes to our younger generation.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject
I worked with an Infectious Disease doctor in a hospital that wouldn't use antibacterial agents and lotions for washing his hands, or cleaning his phone or office environment.

He said the constant and continual use of antibacterials are harmful and destroy your body's ability to protect itself.

He was a strong advocate for plain soap and water.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You know who's an idiot? People who clearly do not understand how a vaccine works. Sorry, that's the simple truth. The flu sucks. I don't want it. I get my flu shot. Every year. And yet I still have free thought and don't vote Republican. That is all, have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: theonenonlyone

I gave you my story as fact because I lived it and am only able to tell you what happened to me. Had the flu yearly, started the flu shot 3 yrs ago and no flue since then.

I believe you, but you do see where someone a little less trusting, may say if we used those types of thought processes, we would be linking water, diet, and Vitamin C as a cure for the flu, since there has been instances where people used water, diet, and Vitamin C and haven't gotten the flu since then.

Just saying, there is that remote possibility that even if you hadn't gotten the flu shot, that you may have not gotten the flu.

You want to believe the flu shot stopped you from getting the flu, and there is nothing wrong with that, but you can't prove that. So why do you want to belittle others, and say their beliefs are idiotic, when you are actually in the same place they are, just on the opposite of the line.

The CDC admits that they can't guarantee the efficacy of the flu vaccine. So if you trust them so much, why don't you believe them?

See, here is the problem: NOTHING WILL SUFFICE AS PROOF TO YOU. A guy tells you that he got the flu pretty much EVERY YEAR until he started getting the shot and that he has not had it since. And yet you say "Yeah well that doesn't prove anything." You cling to a belief and you will continue to do so, no matter what. Vaccines work and are safe. Your existence is proof of this, regardless of how badly you do not want to see this fact.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You need to obey, join the herd, be like all the cool people. . . . and get the shot!

For the record, I'm against the flu vaccine also.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: jaffo
Just to make a point.

See, here is the problem: NOTHING WILL SUFFICE AS PROOF TO YOU. The OP tells you "I never get a Flu shot and have never had the Flu in my life. I have gotten sick before, but not from Flu. I am not particularly healthy and would be considered someone that should get a Flu shot, and yet, I have never once caught the Flu. My wife is very healthy and gets her Flu shot every year. She has had Flu 3 of the past 5 years and yet, I haven't caught it from her. Anyway, I know I digress, but yeah, I don't see value in the Flu shot and will never take one." And yet you say "Yeah well that doesn't prove anything." You cling to a belief and you will continue to do so, no matter what. His existence is proof of this, regardless of how badly you do not want to see this fact.

edit on 10-12-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Format fix.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I hate knowing the little grand baby is getting this crap.
This world is making murderous nuts out of everyone
and nobody seems to care. all that has to happen for
me to become one. Is for something to happen to
that little girl.

And earth will burn.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I have an unscientific belief that vaccines for what is typically a minor illness weaken the immune system by not allowing it to properly or fully “stretch it’s muscles”, so-to-speak. Sort of like how vitamins help the body, but they’re not an adequate replacement for the full nutritional content of actual food.

The smallpox vaccine made sense, measles, etc., vaccines still do, but an influenza vaccine for the general population is laughable. Nobody in my immediate family gets one, but we do have to pay more for health insurance because so many other people do. What most people don’t realize is that only a small percentage of “flu-like illnesses” are actually caused by the influenza virus, and there has never been any widespread effort to determine which viruses or bacteria cause such illnesses (since most of the time it amounts to a case of the sniffles.) This explains why the flu vaccine typically only results in a small reduction of “flu-like illness” – most of them aren’t caused by influenza.

So thank you for the info. I didn’t need any additional convincing, but it is nice to help explain to people who hear you declined the flu shot and their jaw drops to the floor as if you’d just declined a free pallet of gold bricks.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I never had a flu, it's all about keeping yourself in a good physical condition!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

You might want to check the meme, there. It's wildly inaccurate.

"Shaken baby syndrome" is caused by an adult grabbing and shaking a baby. No vaccines are involved.

Childhood diabetes is a genetic problem and transmitted through families. Known since the time of the ancient Greeks

Polio was around before there were any vaccines. The first polio vaccines (I was there) stopped the epidemic cold.

Chronic ear infections occur in children who are vaccinated and who are unvaccinated. No link.

Meningitis occurs in people who aren't vaccinated, and it's been known to medical science long before vaccines. Check outbreaks (and deaths) at college campuses. It's very contagious, and very deadly. I remember some of the local outbreaks during my childhood where kids died.
en.wikipedia.org...
SIDS, ADD, etc were all around before vaccines. Investigate any graveyard from pre-1950 to see how high infant mortality was.
edit on 13-12-2015 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Of those of you who don't want flu shots, let me ask this:
* how many of you are over 55?
* how many of you work with school kids (or in the mall or in a shopping center with thousands of people coming in)
* how many of you work with medical patients (more than one... groups of them)

Those three groups are at the highest risk of getting the flu (or a norovirus) and of passing it along. Yeah, if you're younger than 55 and you work in an office or outdoors or with a small group of people (less than a thousand) your chances of getting the flu are petty slim.

I'm over 55. I'm a docent AND I go to college and I see upwards of 10,000 people every year.

I would be a fool to NOT get that shot.

For the record, I'm an army brat and I've had more vaccines than most of you (had another round of 6 or 7 shots before we went to Scotland, Germany, and Egypt.) In spite of being in contact with thousands of people every year, I haven't had the flu in 10 years or more. Friends often come back from conventions with the "con crud" (some sort of upper respiratory virus) - although I go to 5 or 6 conventions every year, I still haven't had the flu. Haven't had "con crud" since I started taking flu shots.

So, yes I get it. You don't have to but my doc says that my husband (who has some severe medical conditions and who gets the shots like I do) and I are healthier than most folks our age.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Meningitis occurs in people who aren't vaccinated, and it's been known to medical science long before vaccines. Check outbreaks (and deaths) at college campuses. It's very contagious, and very deadly. I remember some of the local outbreaks during my childhood where kids died.

I agree Byrd, it is over the top. I still posted it because I
believe vaccines are still just that bad. My neice almost died from
meningitis. And she had her vaccines. She made it but she was
completely limp for 24 hrs. If she would've died? I would've completely
lost my mind. i'm 56.
edit on Rpm121315v22201500000015 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join