It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why You'd Have to be a Complete Idiot to Take a Flu Shot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The scientific truth about flu shots and the human immune response is that flu shots only work for people who don't need them.

People who are immunocompromised -- who might actually benefit from viral exposure rehearsal -- have no ability to build antibodies in response to the vaccine. Thus, the flu shot is wasted on them.

On the other hand, people who show a strong immune response to a flu shot are the very same people with healthy, active immune systems that can easily handle influenza exposure without a vaccine!

Flu shots, in other words, only "work" on people who don't need them. But they FAIL on those they claim to protect.

Disclaimer: I apologize in advance for not posting another Donald Trump thread, but frankly, I need a break from all the political BS running rampant on ATS today.

###

So, this is an interesting supposition that the Flu shots are actually useless (but, not for the usual reason of not having the right strain). It seems that Flu shots only give immunity to those people that would have a strong immune response in the first place. In other words they have no value as they only protect people that would be able to fight of Flu on their own.

My doctor has been VERY pushy about Flu shots lately and she even tried to force on my 18 year old, athletic daughter who is in great shape and would not normally be in the Flu shot demographic.

I never get a Flu shot and have never had the Flu in my life. I have gotten sick before, but not from Flu. I am not particularly healthy and would be considered someone that should get a Flu shot, and yet, I have never once caught the Flu.

My wife is very healthy and gets her Flu shot every year. She has had Flu 3 of the past 5 years and yet, I haven't caught it from her. Anyway, I know I digress, but yeah, I don't see value in the Flu shot and will never take one.

Flu shots are rarely formulated to expose you to the correct strain of Flu. Flu shots contain Mercury and other harmful substances that I frankly don't want injected into me. I am careful about what I eat so why would I let someone inject me with stuff I know is bad for me. Now we have the added argument that they are actually ineffective for those that need them and unnecessary for those that don't.

All in all I wouldn't take a Flu vaccine if you paid me.

Thank you for your time ATS.

Article
edit on 2015/12/8 by Metallicus because: Fixed Link

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Hey Metallicus!!!

The flag is for NOT mentioning Trump in your title, hehe....
and the star is because I agree with you, and never get the flu shot either!!!

jacygirl

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Haven't had the flu in 30 years! Haven't had a flew shot since my inception in the military in 1981! Got sicker than hell and still had to get my ass out of bed at 5:30 am and run a few miles.

I'll stick with eating raw veggies and fruit when I feel my immune system is getting run down from my alcohol problem versus taking shots and pills.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Agreed! I never get those shots for that and other reasons.

I find it creepy how even Walgreens is about it. I go to pick up prescriptions and the pharmacist will say, "I see you haven't gotten your flu shot." I first wonder, why is he looking at anything more than my prescriptions, possible interactions or if I may have questions on something I was newly prescribed and my insurance information.

I say you're right and I don't want one. He looks at me like I am stupid.

edit on 8-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

The pharmacist asked me, too... I told her I didn't get one, but if someone mentions it again, I'm just going to tell them I already got it. It was creepy for them to ask...

I haven't had a flu shot in 20 years or more.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Flu shot can be useful, but it's highly situational.

I do very occasionally get one because I have very mild asthma. When the asthma is irritated, I will get the flu shot. That's happened once in the past 10 years.

The very old and the very young who have weaker immune systems can also benefit from an earlier exposure to a weaker strain.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I say you're right and I don't want one. He looks at me like I am stupid.

Yup...what you said! They look at you like you're stupid...when we're actually well informed and making a personal choice/decision.
There are signs and billboards all over town here..."Free Flu Shots"!!

Almost feels like a cult, lol...like you need to be indoctrinated into the flu shot club.

But, someone will likely be along shortly to let us know how stupid we are, lol.

jacy

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I would get a flu shot if it were an actual shot and contained Bourbon.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Thanks for your post.
Why is there no subscribe button on my phone?, I have to reply to your post just so I can subscribe to it so sorry for wasting your time with my reply.
Oh and I have and never intend to get a flu shot either., although at swine flu peak both me and my husband got sick as dogs but don't know if it was the swine as we didn't go to the doctor so maybe we are immune to the swine strain now.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I'll never get one. I'd rasther die of the flu than wonder if the vaccine
I allowed was kiling me. Screw that it can't be that hard to make
safe vaccines but they don't. And if one doesn't wonder why then
that's on whomever.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Knocks on wood

Haven't had the flu nor the shots in a little over 20 plus years.

Guess I've been lucky

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
While I've called people complete idiots for much less...

I don't think the majority of humans need the garbage that drug companies peddle to them. I have had the flu, and I'm glad because I know my body has built up a nice gathering of anti-bodies for a majority of ailments over the years.

If people think they need something bad enough, from outside influence or internal paranoia, who is to say they are right or wrong?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I trust my doctor implicitly. He wants me to get a flu shot, so I get a flu shot. As to being a complete idiot? I trust him more than I trust the University of YouTube. Who's the idiot?

edit on 8-12-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I guess I'm an idiot

I get my flu shot almost every year and basically I don't ever get sick.

I didn't get the flu shot for a few years in college but have gotten one ever since.

I don't get the flu.

I think that I'll keep doing what works for me and you should keep doing whatever you want. The big difference between us is I won't call you an idiot

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I wasn't aware people actually believed this website. That's amazing! Going to quote anything from the Onion next? lol

For those people unaware of Natural News and the fear they (successfully) spread, here is a link.

Fear does not equal science. I would get a flu shot if I thought I needed one, with no hesitation.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I have been told that I NEED it because I am Asthmatic.
Born with Asthma & been to hospital many times from
a baby on up to early adult. Now I can't remember the
last time I had an attack?

I think I got a flu shot in high school many years ago but
I'm not sure. It was a new thing & there was NO needle
involved but was "air gun" in the shoulder?

I do not do vaccines of any kind. Sorry I did have to get
a tetanus & a Rabies vax when I got bit on the face by
a dog that the owner could not produce any vax history
on her own dog.

Cheers
Ektar

I am lucky never had the flu & very rare for me to get sick.
I also do the Liposomal Vit C.
edit on 8122015 by Ektar because: left out info

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Unfortunately I am REQUIRED to get an annual flu shot since I work at a hospital.

From the "Employees - Immunizations" page on my work's website:

All XXXXXXXX physicians and staff are required to have the following immunizations prior to General Orientation date: Diphtheria
Measles
Mumps
Pertussis
Rubella
Varicella
Hepatitis B (as job duties require)
Seasonal Influenza (annually)

I've had it twice now.. both times I had stomach pain, sweats, headache and nasal congestion (but wasn't sick enough to miss work, of course)

I dread flu season every year now... not because I'm scared of the flu. I'm scared of this crap.

I was thinking about trying to use my paperwork from this year, Next year again (so I don't have to actually get the flu shot again) but then I realized they probably double check the MRN so it wouldn't work

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Haven't had the flu in 30 years! Haven't had a flew shot since my inception in the military in 1981! Got sicker than hell and still had to get my ass out of bed at 5:30 am and run a few miles.

I'll stick with eating raw veggies and fruit when I feel my immune system is getting run down from my alcohol problem versus taking shots and pills.

I had the flu a couple times as a child. There WAS no flu shot back then (thank goodness.) Because I believe having the flu back then ramped up my immunity to future flu strains. The one time in adulthood I got the flu was in the mid-80's when the school I was working at gave then for free to all employees. I thought, what the heck, couldn't hurt. How wrong I was! That was the last flu shot I ever got, and in all of my years around elementary age school children, I have never again come down with the flu.

I don't trust that jab. And yes, doctors and pharmacists act like I'm a lunatic because I choose to 'just say no' to their injection. Even tho their records clearly show I have not had the flu in decades...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I have to get the Pneumococcal Vaccination shot tomorrow and I have no issues.
Had the flu shot back in October time.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
My doctor always bugs me to get a flu shot. At my last semi-annual appointment I was in a good mood and didn't feel like arguing with her, so I said, "What the heck, let's get one." After she got over her initial shock she displayed the sort of happiness I feel when I find $40 in a jacket I haven't worn in months.

For the next two days, I had a severe case of brain fuzz. I couldn't focus or concentrate on anything. Played some of the worst pool of my life that night. Next time, I think I'll pass as usual.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join