It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why You'd Have to be a Complete Idiot to Take a Flu Shot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20128004]NightSkyeB4Dawn[/pos
Don't trust these guys.

They're just saying they will use multi-dose vials. Not that they're suddenly going to start sneaking thimerosal into vaccines that were previously thimerosal free.

eta: Don't wear contacts, do you? Used to be a lot of solutions were full of thimerosal. As are the shipping vials for soft contacts...
edit on 8-12-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I think there's a real possibility that a multi-dose vial could be contaminated. Not a good thing.

How? An inattentive or careless provider or technician mixes up the syringes and thinks one just used is a new one...or an unscrupulous person does it for kicks, or someone does it to swipe syringes (pocketing the one new one out of every 10, say).

That's a good reason not to get a shot.

In addition, we all know that industrial production can have errors, mistakes, contamination, some subtle, some inconsequential, but some very consequential.

In fact, the medical industry kills more people than almost any other, either directly or indirectly (via Big Pharm practices).

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam
Funny you would ask about that. I got my first pair of soft contacts back in 1980. I thought they were great when I first got them. The first day I only wore them about 4 hours. The next day my eyes were blood red, itching and burning like crazy. Back to the eye doctor I go, and I am furious, because I was sure he had given me pink eye or some other eye infection.

He told me that he other patients that had had the same reaction and it was due to the contact solution. He told me to stop using it because I was allergic to thimerosol. After a few days, my eyes were fine and I never had another problem, but I can only use the normal saline solutions.

So yes. I had relationship with thimersol, many years ago. Our relationship was very short lived.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Is it right for anyone to be spreading misinformed information as fact?

I gave you my story as fact because I lived it and am only able to tell you what happened to me. Had the flu yearly, started the flu shot 3 yrs ago and no flue since then.

I understand that it is a crap shoot but then again so is life.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Most single-dose vials and pre-filled syringes of flu shot and the nasal spray flu vaccine do not contain a preservative because they are intended to be only used once.

Most single dose vial and pre-filled syringes of flu shot and nasal flu spray do not contain a preservative, does not mean all single-dose vials and pre-filled syringes of flu shot and the nasal spray flu vaccine does not contain a preservative.

I still don't trust those guys.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theonenonlyone
What disinformation would you be referring to?

Surely you are accusing the CDC of spreading disinformation?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
What disinformation would you be referring to?

Surely you are accusing the CDC of spreading disinformation?

In case you actually don't get what I was referring to. I was talking about spreading misinformation about the flu shot being dangerous to everyone and linking it to illnesses without real data to back it up.

If we used those types of thought processes we would be linking water to heart attacks because there have been instances where people have had a glass of water prior to the attack.

Millions of people get the flue shot and to link the few cases of other illnesses that one may have contracted after the flue is shot is idiotic.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

In case you actually don't get what I was referring to. I was talking about spreading misinformation about the flu shot being dangerous to everyone and linking it to illnesses without real data to back it up.

Missed that one. Which post was that in?

edit on 8-12-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Punctuation correction.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Missed that one. Which post was that in?

It usually is the same old propaganda being used in these anti vaccine threads.

Just thought I would put it out there before it is used. Who knows maybe someone has used it already and I missed it also...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Article

You are using "natural news" as a source?

According to John Banks, Adams uses "pseudoscience to sell his lies" and is "seen as generally a quack and a shill by science bloggers."[10] One such blogger, David Gorski of ScienceBlogs, called Natural News "one of the most wretched hives of scum and quackery on the Internet," and the most "blatant purveyor of the worst kind of quackery and paranoid anti-physician and anti-medicine conspiracy theories anywhere on the Internet",[31] and a one-stop-shop for "virtually every quackery known to humankind, all slathered with a heaping, helping of unrelenting hostility to science-based medicine and science in general."[8] Peter Bowditch of the website Ratbags,[32] and Jeff McMahon writing for Forbes commented about the site.[33] Steven Novella of NeuroLogica Blog called NaturalNews "a crank alt med site that promotes every sort of medical nonsense imaginable." Novella continued: "If it is unscientific, antiscientific, conspiracy-mongering, or downright silly, Mike Adams appears to be all for it – whatever sells the "natural" products he hawks on his site."[3]

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I gave you my story as fact because I lived it and am only able to tell you what happened to me. Had the flu yearly, started the flu shot 3 yrs ago and no flue since then.

I believe you, but you do see where someone a little less trusting, may say if we used those types of thought processes, we would be linking water, diet, and Vitamin C as a cure for the flu, since there has been instances where people used water, diet, and Vitamin C and haven't gotten the flu since then.

Just saying, there is that remote possibility that even if you hadn't gotten the flu shot, that you may have not gotten the flu.

You want to believe the flu shot stopped you from getting the flu, and there is nothing wrong with that, but you can't prove that. So why do you want to belittle others, and say their beliefs are idiotic, when you are actually in the same place they are, just on the opposite of the line.

The CDC admits that they can't guarantee the efficacy of the flu vaccine. So if you trust them so much, why don't you believe them?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It so much easier to say all that when you live in the U.S, go to any undeveloped country in Africa where their healthcare is almost nonexistent and you'll probably get sick with a whole bunch of things you never even heard of.
But hey vaccines are dangerous right?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator
I hear you, but I don't think vaccines are going to save them from starvation, or any of those diseases we have never heard of.

in fact some of those countries have had some pretty bad results from the vaccine campaigns in their country, and a while back, some of those developed countries had a problem as well.

As the CEO of Bayer was reported to have said, Bayer doesn't make their drugs for poor countries but for the Western countries that can afford to pay for them.

So I have a lot of trouble believing that pharmaceutical companies care about the lives of poor people, in third world countries, unless it for their dirty research.

They are not in the pharmaceutical business because of their love for humanity, it for their love of the all mighty dollar.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: deliberator
a reply to: luthier

Not worked for 2 years due to ill health. Prior to this it was optional. I used to have it but found it made no difference, I still caught influenza. I still keep my Hep B jabs up to date.

I wasn't argueing its effectiveness I never get it. Just I have never heard of any hospital in the modern world that doesn't require employees to get the flu shot. Especially intensive care.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

I have seen various studies on the effectiveness of flu vaccines that weren't overly impressive, to say the least. Still, I'm not convinced they are necessarily dangerous - and there is something to be said of were we are today versus when the Spanish flu pandemic was going around. If I may add to the list of alternative health "experts" - Mercola.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You'd Have to be a Complete Idiot to Take a Flu Shot

Indeed, you are correct.

I work at a place that makes you wear a mask in almost all areas of the building if you have not had the shot; like the scarlet letter, or something.

I discovered quickly that the mask is a superior choice as it helps protect one from those that have had the flu shot.

Pretty nifty.

edit on 9-12-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Flu shots aren't necessary. They usually provide protection against the 3 most propable flu lines of the season. Those are not necessarily all you might encounter.

Therefore, it MIGHT help you. It won't endanger you. If you don't think so, you are falling to a mind-trap (weighing emotions against knowledge, and emotions might win). There are no rational facts against immunization, besides very special medical conditions.

Oh, and Natural News is about the worst source for anything sciency..
edit on 9 12 2015 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Unlike the US it is not mandatory, staff are only encouraged. Forcing staff to have the flu jab legally goes against the European Convention on Human Rights. Some NHS Trusts have considered it but decided against this after having taken legal advice.

The aim of this isn't really to protect patients in my opinion, it is to stop people getting flu and being off sick for 2-4 weeks and the resulting cost of agency staff to cover sickness. If it was about patients they would not force staff with bad colds and chest infections into coming to work infecting other staff and patients.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

totally agree, raw veg and fruit goes along way

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Count me as another never gotten the flu shot, and I don't get the flu.

Modern medicine is not as infallible as some would like us to believe.

Why make big pharma only richer ?

Amma I rite ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join