It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Calls For 'Complete Shutdown' Of Muslims Entering U.S.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

His opponents only have insults and a strange desire to tell everyone their feelings regarding trump, but fail to provide any rational counter-argument.

Trump is Kristallnachting his way through this Christmas season and you fault people for not providing a better solution?

Les...honestly

edit on 12/8/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I blame the idiotic right wing blogosphere for fostering ignorance actually. Trump is a creation of the rights rhetoric taken to its inevitable extreme. It's so funny watching non-Trump supporters try to squirm and say that he is really a plant from Hillary to secure her victory. Nah. Y'all own that monster.

Though I see you are already adding fuel into the confirmation bias tank by saying that Hillary is the chosen choice. So when Trump loses due to his rhetoric being too divisive and alienating all minority demographics you can just fall back on that and say it was destined to happen anyways. Good job, that way you never have to look at the flaws in your own arguments and can keep blaming the other guy. You and I both know the left is going to win next election. The only difference is that you think it is a conspiracy and I think it's because of the right's cognitive dissonance to their own rhetoric.

If y'all want to beat Hillary, you should field a respectable candidate that doesn't rely on rhetoric and lies to get voted. The age of the internet is making it harder and harder to get by with just rhetoric alone. Even Obama actually had to put substance into his campaign for the 2012 election.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 8-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yup!

edit on 8-12-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

There is Islamic threat to every western nation, in case you've been absent the past many years.

No there isn't. There is ISIS SAYING there is an Islamic threat to every western nation, but in practice they haven't really done anything to change our countries into being more Muslim. The cartels south of our border pose more of a threat to the US than ISIS does and we don't talk about them at all. I'm pretty sure we could go without talking about or worrying about ISIS rather easily.

Besides, you are sounding like a hypocrite now. Banning Trump because of his rhetoric is unfair, but banning ALL Muslims for the rhetoric of the few is perfectly fine.

Um..."no there isn't"?

Tell that to the people of France, Belgium, England, Spain, Canada, Kenya, Russia, Syria, Iraq, Somalia, America, Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, Malaysia, China, Lebanon, Tunisia...do I need to go on...all recent victims of atrocities at the hands of people claiming to be adherents of Islam (they claim they are the true believers).

Not doing anything to "change our countries into being more Muslim"? You might want to pay attention to how rapidly the demographics of Europe are changing due to the swarms of millions of Muslim "migrants" entering Europe...many of these driven out of their homes and homelands by the advance of ISIS.

One may not agree with Trump's "solutions", but in light of what is happening around the world, it is difficult to understand the claim that the problem doesn't even exist.

And, BTW, you did advocate for Trump's removal from the Presidential race (contrary to an earlier denial), when you said:

I'm sorry, but there is no excuse for defending Trump's rhetoric anymore. We need to just label it for what it is and push to get him removed from running for the Presidency.

edit on 8-12-2015 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

There is Islamic threat to every western nation, in case you've been absent the past many years.

No there isn't. There is ISIS SAYING there is an Islamic threat to every western nation, but in practice they haven't really done anything to change our countries into being more Muslim. The cartels south of our border pose more of a threat to the US than ISIS does and we don't talk about them at all. I'm pretty sure we could go without talking about or worrying about ISIS rather easily.

Besides, you are sounding like a hypocrite now. Banning Trump because of his rhetoric is unfair, but banning ALL Muslims for the rhetoric of the few is perfectly fine.

Um..."no there isn't"?

Tell that to the people of France, Belgium, England, Spain, Canada, Kenya, Russia, Syria, Iraq, Somalia, America, Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, Malaysia, China, Lebanon, Tunisia...do I need to go on...all recent victims of atrocities at the hands of people claiming to be adherents of Islam (they claim they are the true believers).

I've been saying it for months on this website. I'm sure there are people from some of those countries on these forums who've heard me. BTW Paris isn't sucumbing to fear and still plan on letting more refugees in.

Also, I'm not trying to say that terrorism doesn't exist. I'm just saying that it's threat is blown out of proportion. Statistically you have a snowball's chance in hell of dying or being maimed in a terrorist attack in the west, yet you pretend like its this super grave problem.

Not doing anything to "change our countries into being more Muslim"? You might want to pay attention to how rapidly the demographics of Europe are changing due to the swarms of millions of Muslims "migrants" entering Europe...many of these driven out of their homes and homelands by the advance of ISIS.

Muslims still only make up a VERY small percentage of the total makeup of those countries.

One may not agree with Trump's "solutions", but in light of what is happening around the world, it is difficult to understand the claim that the problem doesn't even exist.

Yea, I get a lot of resistance to this idea from people who are gung-ho about violence. No one likes facts or statistics putting things into perspective. I'm sure you'll ignore them too or rationalize them away.

And, BTW, you did advocate for Trump's removal from the Presidential race (contrary to an earlier denial), when you said:

Sorry, I'm angry. I say things I don't mean when I'm angry and upset. Just like every other human on the planet. That is why you need to stop letting your emotions dictate your rhetoric. Look at hard data to see if the rhetoric aligns with reality THEN make a decision. Most of the time the rhetoric doesn't align and it's all fearmongering. Once the news cycle rolls over we'll be whining about something else in the news.
edit on 8-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Keeping muslims from entering into America is a good way to make sure the rest of the civilized world hates us.

Are you telling me that all those billions of dollars in aid isn't enough to prove that we're friendly and likable? All those other civilized countries have far more room for refugees than the US. Greenland has thousands of empty square miles, Antarctica, as well as Canada has hundreds of thousands of unoccupied square miles. What do they need to come here for? Let's spend billions putting them in tents and sleeping bags in the unoccupied parts of the world. Last I checked, beggars couldn't be choosers.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: buster2010

a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Just look at this thread. I'M the bad guy here for calling Trump out.

You have to remember how simple minded most Americans have become. If Trump were to have done the crap his doing now back in the 50's he would have been thrown out of politics because back then people were more intelligent than they are now. All we are seeing now is just how successful the dumbing down of America has been.

Heh... The hypocrisy amasses when you people call your political opponents simple minded. Look how intelligent LBJ was in the 60's... That S.O.B. knew exactly what he was doing.

Yes he knew what he was doing that useless moron staged a false flag event that got a war started where over 50K of our people were killed. Also Trump is not my political opponent simply because I'm not in politics.

Funny, you sure pretend like you're all about them.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Keeping muslims from entering into America is a good way to make sure the rest of the civilized world hates us.

Are you telling me that all those billions of dollars in aid isn't enough to prove that we're friendly and likable? All those other civilized countries have far more room for refugees than the US. Greenland has thousands of empty square miles, Antarctica, as well as Canada has hundreds of thousands of unoccupied square miles. What do they need to come here for? Let's spend billions putting them in tents and sleeping bags in the unoccupied parts of the world. Last I checked, beggars couldn't be choosers.

You should really take this argument and start over... For one, the US has PLENTY of space to take in more Muslims. For two, it's not even about land space. This argument appears to me like you are scraping the bottom of the barrel to see if anything sticks. I see you still got a star though, so someone is either blindly agreeing with you or feels like this was an intelligent point. I disagree. I think it was absurd.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

All those other civilized countries have far more room for refugees than the US.

Antarctica

Antarctica?

You do know that Antarctica is an ice-covered continent, not a civilized country, right?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: forkedtongue

originally posted by: forkedtongue

a reply to: forkedtongue

I'm sorry, but there is no excuse for defending Trump's rhetoric anymore. We need to just label it for what it is and push to get him removed from running for the Presidency. He's hateful and divisive, and we don't need divisive. ESPECIALLY divisive on purpose (which is what Trump is).

Why because you say so?

No, because it's wrong. I don't know about you, but I was raised not to hurt other people and that includes saying hateful things.

Oh I get it, because one of the biggest jokes in journalism besides msnbc the huffpost said so?

Fox news is a straight up legit open honest news source compared to huffpost. Which is hilarious, because I would believe I was on fire even if I saw the flames if fox said it.

Lol. It's amusing to see you desperately try to defend intolerant behavior and rhetoric by deflecting onto the messengers.

Well here in the real world, we dont treat people with kid gloves.

Glad you were mommy and daddys special little snow flake, but in the real world, nobody cares about your feelings.

In your version of reality, hurt feelings trump facts.

Grow up. You know what I mean. Just because we can say intolerant things doesn't mean we should. It's mean and we can explain our positions and grievances rather easily without using hateful rhetoric. It's called talking things out and it's the adult thing to do instead of just yelling ignorance at the echo chamber to get back patting.

In reality, your feelings can not be hurt by anyone but yourself, because have to allow the oppinions of others to influence your own self worth, they cant do that for you, only you can allow it to happen.

In reality it has nothing to do with my feelings. It's just the right thing to do.

Just like I cant make you angry, it is you that decides to allow my oppinion to effect you in such a way.

It is why we have an amendment that guarantees me the right to offend you, and not one that guarantees you the right not to be offended.

I hate this rhetoric. Just because we are allowed to be intolerant and hateful doesn't mean we should. Whatever happened to the Christian ideal of doing unto others as you would have them do unto you? I certainly wouldn't like things like that said about me, so I know that I shouldn't be saying them myself.

Glad ya asked... They're getting done to them, what they're doing to us. It doesn't just apply to Christians, you knew that, right?

My co-worker is a Muslim with a green card. What did he ever do to you that deserves the treatment said about him by idiots like Trump or that he shouldn't be allowed in the country?

Can we ban Christians because they blow up abortion clinics too?

Sure, ban anyone that's not already in America. I know 14 people in San Bernandino that had a muslim co-worker that was said by many to be very peaceful and quiet. I'm advocating for the stop of all people to America until we can fix our own problems. We're overpopulated anyways.

Ok I want to ban you for inciting hateful rhetoric that could cause extremism among ignorant, white conservatives. See how that # works, Mr. Thought Police?

What part of "not already in America" did you miss? You keep jumping the gun. We've got enough problems here without compounding more on top of ourselves. I'm willing to be nondiscriminatory by blocking everyone in order to keep out extremists that aren't already here, are you?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I'd rather just not close our borders altogether. I don't feel threatened by extremism in the slightest. Christian, muslims, pro-life, right wing, left wing, what have you. My individual risk of dying due to a terrorist attack is pretty low. So I don't fear it. Let the Muslims in. Let the refugees in. I don't care.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
We turn away boatloads of Haitian refugees constantly and no one says a word.

Talk about Muslims and everyone loses their mind.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: THEatsking

originally posted by: amicktd

a reply to: Astyanax

I've been feeling the same way about the polarization. I have a serious feeling that another Democrat is going to win the Presidential election again, exposing that the hateful rhetoric of even the mainstream GOP candidates isn't going to get them elected anymore. This will herald in more years of increasing divisive politics. At some point that divisiveness needs to be addressed or it will boil over into violence.

When your number one enemy is your political opponent, that's what happens. Anyone who truly thinks hillary is the answer is more or less supporting the future violence because so far it's her and obama that think the right are their #1 enemy. That's their greatest threat along with global warming. How a person can't see that ridiculousness is beyond me.

Are there any Hillary supporters on this site? I'm yet to see one. Plus, I agree with Krazyshot. I haven't thought of muslims at all today until I started reading ATS. I won't say I haven't noticed an issue. But I don't wake up fearing for my life and don't think banning all muslims is the right answer. Sorry I keep adding to the post, but banning all muslims would be the same as banning all christians. The extremists of each of the religions spread hate in similar ways.

I can see you agree with KrazySh0t. Both of you act like I said y'all are hillary supporters. But y'all are both krazy if you think she's not going to be the other choice. You'll have to choose one. I don't wake up fearing muslims, nor does anyone else I would assume. The problem y'all are missing is that we already have enough extremists here. Keeping muslims from entering into America until we fix this problem is a very good way to assure Americans that no more than we already have will be coming here. It's a very, VERY simple concept.

Then we have to ban other terrorist demographics, by statistics, correct?

OK, no more white males or black males.

The only way to get rid of extremism, in any culture, is for it not to be tolerated at its source. I'm not sure how the middle easy reacts to the extremists/terrorists over there, but if its anywhere close to how the US reacts to American Terrorists, then that explains the problem everywhere.

I'll say it one more time, again.

Keeping muslims from entering into America until we fix this problem is a very good way to assure Americans that no more than we already have will be coming here.

There are millions of middle eastern refugees fleeing the middle east. If that doesn't give you the first clue about how they handle or react to extremists/terrorists then you need some help.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

If you say so... I refuse to vote for a lying pig legged idiot that sees me as her number one enemy. How stupid would I have to be to do that? There's a real threat to our lives, all of our lives, out there, and it's not Conservatives and global warming. Would you vote for me if I considered you my enemy?

How about worrying about the primaries? You're a Republican right? Well there's a whole army of Republicans you can choose from before even worrying about Hillary's chances for Presidency. I'm doing my bit by trying to get Bernie nominated.

If there was a chance that I could stop all muslims from entering the country until we got this problem fixed, in order for you to feel safer, would you want me to drop out of the presidential race? Less than a month ago, people were crying for Carson to drop out of the race because he was mean too. Face it man, people on your side just don't want confrontation or someone that might say something mean to a minority. You guys can bash and belittle right wingers all day long though. Y'all can dish it, but you sure as hell can't take it.

If there was a chance that you could stop all muslims from entering the country until we got this problem fixed (what problem exact? the terrorism problem? When is that supposed to be fixed? Is sequestering ourselves from muslims REALLY going to foster better relations between us and them?) in order to feel safer, I'd laugh at you. Well I'd do what I'm doing now. Call you out for being unamerican. I don't trade security for freedom.

You trade security for freedom when you advocate gun control (don't know if you're on that wagon or not). I don't see a problem with blocking muslims, or anyone else, until we fix the terrorist problem we currently face. That means the government needs to do its job by tracking and stopping extremists of all kinds. Why is the concept of not piling on more problems before you fix another one first so hard to grasp? Is it because a right winger said it that you're so opposed to it? I can't find any other reason why you would think it's a bad idea, or especially unAmerican.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: THEatsking

originally posted by: amicktd

a reply to: Astyanax

I've been feeling the same way about the polarization. I have a serious feeling that another Democrat is going to win the Presidential election again, exposing that the hateful rhetoric of even the mainstream GOP candidates isn't going to get them elected anymore. This will herald in more years of increasing divisive politics. At some point that divisiveness needs to be addressed or it will boil over into violence.

When your number one enemy is your political opponent, that's what happens. Anyone who truly thinks hillary is the answer is more or less supporting the future violence because so far it's her and obama that think the right are their #1 enemy. That's their greatest threat along with global warming. How a person can't see that ridiculousness is beyond me.

Are there any Hillary supporters on this site? I'm yet to see one. Plus, I agree with Krazyshot. I haven't thought of muslims at all today until I started reading ATS. I won't say I haven't noticed an issue. But I don't wake up fearing for my life and don't think banning all muslims is the right answer. Sorry I keep adding to the post, but banning all muslims would be the same as banning all christians. The extremists of each of the religions spread hate in similar ways.

I can see you agree with KrazySh0t. Both of you act like I said y'all are hillary supporters. But y'all are both krazy if you think she's not going to be the other choice. You'll have to choose one. I don't wake up fearing muslims, nor does anyone else I would assume. The problem y'all are missing is that we already have enough extremists here. Keeping muslims from entering into America until we fix this problem is a very good way to assure Americans that no more than we already have will be coming here. It's a very, VERY simple concept.

Then we have to ban other terrorist demographics, by statistics, correct?

OK, no more white males or black males.

The only way to get rid of extremism, in any culture, is for it not to be tolerated at its source. I'm not sure how the middle easy reacts to the extremists/terrorists over there, but if its anywhere close to how the US reacts to American Terrorists, then that explains the problem everywhere.

I'll say it one more time, again.

Keeping muslims from entering into America until we fix this problem is a very good way to assure Americans that no more than we already have will be coming here.

There are millions of middle eastern refugees fleeing the middle east. If that doesn't give you the first clue about how they handle or react to extremists/terrorists then you need some help.

Since it appears that you are unwavering in your idiotic position, I can only recommend that you read the constitution and the writings of the Founding Fathers. One is granted the right of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but you would gladly take that away solely based on their religion.

It's a good thing we have the constitution because it protects us from people like Trump, and yourself, from turning this nation in to a country of scared little pansies that will violate constitutional protections any time you get a little scared.

Man-up buttercup and spend more time educating yourself than hiding in the corner from Muslims.
edit on 8-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

As Supreme Commander In Chief charged with defending Americans surely minimising the Islamic immigration long term is a good idea. If Buddhists were an issue surely preventing their immigration would be a good thing. It just makes common sense.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'll admit, I was optimistic about Trump early on. Now he's beginning to worry me. No doubt he is good at solving problems...and it doesn't seem like he would let the constitution get in his way.

Obama has swung the pendulum too far to the left, and the people see Trump as the one who will pull it back. For better or worse.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

So you're in favor of keeping other possible extremists out until we fix this problem or you're not? America is already aware of the right-wing sovereign citizen terrorists that we have, one being the entire black lives matter movement. Why bring more when we have enough to deal with?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

If you say so... I refuse to vote for a lying pig legged idiot that sees me as her number one enemy. How stupid would I have to be to do that? There's a real threat to our lives, all of our lives, out there, and it's not Conservatives and global warming. Would you vote for me if I considered you my enemy?

How about worrying about the primaries? You're a Republican right? Well there's a whole army of Republicans you can choose from before even worrying about Hillary's chances for Presidency. I'm doing my bit by trying to get Bernie nominated.

If there was a chance that I could stop all muslims from entering the country until we got this problem fixed, in order for you to feel safer, would you want me to drop out of the presidential race? Less than a month ago, people were crying for Carson to drop out of the race because he was mean too. Face it man, people on your side just don't want confrontation or someone that might say something mean to a minority. You guys can bash and belittle right wingers all day long though. Y'all can dish it, but you sure as hell can't take it.

If there was a chance that you could stop all muslims from entering the country until we got this problem fixed (what problem exact? the terrorism problem? When is that supposed to be fixed? Is sequestering ourselves from muslims REALLY going to foster better relations between us and them?) in order to feel safer, I'd laugh at you. Well I'd do what I'm doing now. Call you out for being unamerican. I don't trade security for freedom.

You trade security for freedom when you advocate gun control (don't know if you're on that wagon or not).

Then why did you bring it up? Feel safe making unfounded assumptions about me? I'm pro-2nd and I have a lot of problems with the left's rhetoric on gun control because it doesn't address that most gun violence happens with handguns not assault rifles. Some gun rhetoric (like registering guns or background checks before purchase) I don't mind. That just delays the time before you receive your purchase.

I don't see a problem with blocking muslims, or anyone else, until we fix the terrorist problem we currently face. That means the government needs to do its job by tracking and stopping extremists of all kinds. Why is the concept of not piling on more problems before you fix another one first so hard to grasp? Is it because a right winger said it that you're so opposed to it? I can't find any other reason why you would think it's a bad idea, or especially unAmerican.

It's unamerican to shut our borders down because we are scared of an over-hyped problem. Do you think the "terrorist" problem or "extremist" problem can ever actually be fixed? Especially if we keep thinking that violence is the appropriate means to stop them? Lol. It's a never ending cycle of violence and intolerance. Restricting muslim access to the country is just going to foster intolerance and extremism. It's going to make things worse, not better.

You want to stop the "terrorist" problem, so why are you advocating making it worse?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join