It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there no end to Bono's egoism?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Eagles of Death Metal join U2 on stage in Paris

Why is Bono always grabbing the limelight of any big media event or incident? He is bloody merciless. In this latest publicity grabbing opportunity he is parading the band that played while all those poor young people got shot on his own stage show with U2. The slogan on the stage reads,

"Justice for the forgotten".

Whattt? No one has forgotten them!

Ohhh, I see. Starving Africans are out of vogue now are they Bono. The (EDIT:nationality of subject removed so no national pride offended) Messiah must turn his divine attention to terrorism now.

He is just a singer in a very dull and mediocre pop band. Who the hell does he think he is?

I could not sit in a room with that guy and feel comfortable.

The guy seems to be everywhere one looks. Wherever there is money, power, influence there's a leching Bono.

Here a Bono, there a Bono, everywhere a Bono, Bono!

Yuck!

EDIT: You will never be ELVIS Mr Paul Dewson (Bono's real name). Elvis could fart better melodies than you sing. Hah! (Was that too naughty?)

edit on 7-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure they covered that topic on South Park.
He was the world record, so to speak.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

edit on 7-12-2015 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
well, he's been a houshold name since the 80's and has more money and fame than most people would know what to do with. i'd imagine that squews your sense of reality.
i agree in that i wouldnt want to spend much time with him.

I think he is well dodgy. He is one big hand sign if you know what I'm saying. Look at the google images of him. Constant references to certain signs and gestures; the horns, the one eye and the two finger sign. I have a two finger sign for him and mine comes from the archers of old, lol.

Haha! You have to be quick deleting your comments on my threads. Too late Amigo. Your words have been captured!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Is Bono the Antichrist?

Thread at 11

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
And I think he is completely awesome. When everyone was complaining about the refugees having cell phones, guess where they got them?

Bono gave them to them. He said he and the band tried to think what would be most helpful to them on their journey.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

If you look at the photographs on stage above the slogan "justice for the forgotten" you will see they are all old photo's. I think they are of victim's of the "troubles" in Northern Ireland during the 60's and 70's, and are people whose bodies still havnt been recovered.

They certainly are not photo's of victims the Paris attacks

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
lol sorry i edited to add i have a friend who looks like bono, and is also sometimes a deluded butthole, but deleted it all not wanting to call a friend a butthole.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Don't really know about his need for attention, but his nothing compared to the guys he mingles with in those pictures...

edit on 7-12-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
French victims of islamic terrorism forgotten? I don't think so.

The christmas party massacre victims seem well on their way to being forgotten though.

The episode of Saturday Night Live that aired after the French attack skipped the opening sketch and had a poignant tribute to the victims of islamic terrorism.

The epesiode of SNL last weekend, just two days after the biggest islamic terror attack in the US since 9/11 was not recognized at all. They went right into an opening sketch bashing Trump/pimping for Hillary. It seems many on the left think the innocent American victims somehow deserved it for some reason.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Epic rant and one I agree with oh and his pal Mr The Edge...silly first name isn't it The..
Would love to fight him.
edit on 7-12-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I sense Irish-phobia.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

lol sorry i edited to add i have a friend who looks like bono, and is also sometimes a deluded butthole, but deleted it all not wanting to call a friend a butthole.

No worries. It is all a bit weird the way he is used. He is like some propaganda tool. I guess the fame just went to his head. What does my brain in is that his ego is bigger than his talent. If it had been Elvis like the time he turned up to visit Nixon out of the blue at the Whitehouse, well that story is darned hilarious, but Bono is not that talented. There are many many music artists who deserve more exposure than him.

At one point Bono was quite the rebel. He was telephoning Margaret Thatcher and other politicians live on stage in front of the audience through the PA. He called the French President a W#####. Just after that his plane was almost shot down. The U.S authorities said they mistook his plane for a drug smuggling plane. After that we got a new Bono who licks some serious behind. He is like a little face that appears in all the right pictures in all the right places.

All so contrived.

If anyone gets the chance have a read of Mr Elvis Presley's spontaneous visit to the Whitehouse, it is hilarious. Elvis could carry this thing off. Elvis could walk the walk and talk the talk.

Oh go on then, I will tell you quickly how Elvis went off to meet President Nixon:

Priscilla and Vernon told Elvis off for being too generous, giving too many cars away. So he got in a huff about it. He took just his little wash bag and got on a plane to Washington on his own (Elvis never did anything on his own). He arrived at the Whitehouse and said he wanted to meet President Nixon. A bemused President hosted him there and later Elvis' friend and bodyguard went up. Elvis apparently answered the door to him practically, looking as comfortable and cheekily happy as though he was at Graceland. They created a special title for Elvis as an undercover drugs officer, gave him a badge and all. In actual fact Elvis had been well strung out when visiting and ever so slightly crazy. It is written much more comically in his biography. A gem of a story.

EDIT: Here is the story with pictures about Elvis' meeting with President Nixon:

www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012
I sense Irish-phobia.

No, not even slightly. There is Irish blood in my family. I live in a Celtic area very close to Ireland and am a folk musician. I am indeed Bonophobic. I will remove the Irish reference just to make that clear.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Greetings-

What is w/the Bushnell™ type shooting glasses? And then having the CEO/Pontiff sporting them.

Are they rose colored and they just look like basic Amber shooting glasses?

Or does this color hide constricted pupils from opiate use/abuse better? Or dilated pupils from a stimulant?

I ask not to deride/belittle Mr. Bono but ANYONE's head would need to "be tight" to hang out w/any of those wind bags...

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Epic rant and one I agree with oh and his pal Mr The Edge...silly first name isn't it The..
Would love to fight him.

I'd like to be the Don King to promote the fight. My money would be on you Chewi!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
i guess you wont like it when i say Bono is/was vastly more talented than Elvis.
Elvis was jus a handsome face to sing someone elses songs. U2 made some really good music.
Elvis was also blonde, not alot of people know that.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

i guess you wont like it when i say Bono is/was vastly more talented than Elvis.
Elvis was jus a handsome face to sing someone elses songs. U2 made some really good music.
Elvis was also blonde, not alot of people know that.

Whatttt! Compare the voice of Elvis to Bono. Compare the looks of Elvis to Bono.

There is no comparison. I can write tunes and poetry. Am I more talented than Elvis? I don't think so. Many people write songs, but they have not impressed their audiences like Elvis did.

If you want to believe that be my guest. Elvis was a singer, granted, not a song writer. How can you compare him in terms of something he didn't do? That is silly.

Elvis and Bono sing. Who has the best voice, by far, technically and attractively?

You enjoy your Bono. I'll stick to Elvis I think. I never tire of his singing. If you read some of what I wrote you will notice that I did say Bono was quite a rebel at one time, but they frightened him shooting at his plane.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I sense Irish-phobia.

LOL he took you seriously and edited the thread!

Revolution, put the Irish part back in please, I'm part Irish too so you have my permission

Everybody hates Bono.

#NoBono

edit on 7-12-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

I sense Irish-phobia.

No, not even slightly. There is Irish blood in my family. I live in a Celtic area very close to Ireland and am a folk musician. I am indeed Bonophobic. I will remove the Irish reference just to make that clear.

That was joke by the way, it's all good.

Gotta admit I like Bono's songs, quite a rare talent..
edit on 7-12-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join