It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana: The Super Antibiotic Of The Future

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Recently i posted a thread called Rick Simpson Healed 5.000 People from Cancer: This Is a Recipe That Kills Tumors in 90 Days

It shows how certain oil types found in cannabis called cbds can be extremely effective at treating cancer and other aliments. As we begin to explore this plant as a medicine and not just a recreational herb we continue to find out new things.

Some recent studies suggest that cannabis may also be a very powerful antibiotic. The mechanisms which it uses are still not understood by science but it does seem to work even on the likes MRSA.

In 2008, however, a first of its kind study conducted by a team of British and Italian researchers had already found that one of the world’s most commonly cultivated plants could stop MRSA in its tracks: marijuana.

Specifically, the team tested five of marijuana’s most common cannabinoids against six different MRSA strains of “clinical relevance”, including epidemic EMRSA strains, which are the ones responsible for hospital outbreaks. They found that every single one of the cannabinoids tested showed “potent activity” against a wide variety of the bacteria.

medicalmarijuanaanewbeginning.com...

The last thread I put up I was told was borderline on being taken down. Please stick to ATS terms and conditions.

Happy Days

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

If this is in fact true some of the people I know should be immune to anthrax....

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Plant strains over recent years have been grown to have specific properties much in the way of the good oil has been breed out of the plant.

Using the correct extraction technique and using specific strains will work better. Different strains of plants for different uses..

:-)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

If this is in fact true some of the people I know should be immune to anthrax....

thats not how it works, just like penicillin doesnt treat prevent gangrene.
edit on 7-12-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

As much as I agree and support the cause....

I likely won't matter for a while. There are too many people losing too much money in this system. You would think that we, as humans, would all support and build an infrastructure based on the medicinal benefits of this plant by itself. The uses are literally ENDLESS. I'm even seeing where biodegradable plastics can be made from the cannabis plant. Even most fuels for vehicles. For a plant to provide real benefits to mankind is nothing short of miraculous.

But it's cheap, not marketable and cuts deeply into lobbyists pockets. Not to mention CONgress themselves...because they are the ones who get paid to vote NO on this issue.

I have lost faith in my leaders long ago when I learned they are only after money, votes and public views. Our health, livelihoods, and families are meaningless.

Instead we spend billions on oil from the ground when we can grow our own, recycle the waste and clean the air. Oh no...it makes too much sense.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

it does seem to work even on the likes MRSA

It is the only thing that has helped the Arthritis and Fibromyalgia I've been experiencing for the last many years, and I have been thru everything the Doctors and the good folks at Pfizer could throw at me..and believe you me - they've thrown a lot ..

(post by Revolution9 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

I likely won't matter for a while. There are too many people losing too much money in this system. You would think that we, as humans, would all support and build an infrastructure based on the medicinal benefits of this plant by itself

It would be nice if they could. Imagine you could grow your own antibiotics anti cancer drugs and other such powerful medicines which i cannot mention as they are sadly still off limits on ats

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

There is plenty of actual science out there that shows it can be used for more then just getting high.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I really enjoy learning about my plants and how they interact with us and each other. Cannabis is a truly remarkable plant as a medicine for a long term research has been off limits.

If you have time watch this video and it will show you the science behind it. Certain biochemical found within the plant have the ability to seek out rogue cells in your body and kill them. They have the same biochemicals found within them that your body uses except in far greater doses.

It really has helped a lot of people.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Its (and synthetic) cannabinoids are also under investigation to be used as a treatment to forms of "mental illness".

Excellent find. Glad i own some cannabis websites!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Yeah Im not sure about it being an antibiotic... I have been prescribed lots of antibiotics that helped me for lots of different things.

If pot was an antibiotic why would I have needed those other ones?
edit on Mon Dec 7 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: benwyatt

The synthetic ones do not seem to work as well which must be frustrating if you are trying to copyright an effective treatment...

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Academic Science knows all

/sarcasm off

Academic science HAS been saying otherwise, you just choose to ignore it.

You can sit there and wait for big-pharma to tell you that it's safe but you will probably die from one of their approved medications first, oh the irony.

edit on 7-12-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Dec 7 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

If pot was an antibiotic why would I have needed those other ones?

Its different to what people for recreation. Its cbd oil that is effective and maybe you dont need those other ones if there something more effective available

:-)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one

You beat me too it...lol

That quoted text might be one of the most cringe worthy pieces of garbage I've ever read here...lol

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
bad news for any companies that profit from cancer drugs.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I totally agree, that cannabis/marijuana is an amazing plant. A Plant that has many many healing properties. I've seen it first hand cure headaches, cramps, depression, etc.... I think this is a super plant, that has so many beneficial properties that it scares the Pharmacuetical industry. This one plant alone would terminate so many other synthetic human made chemicals turned into pressed pills, the industry doesnt know what to do with such a plant, because it goes against everything profit based. We as a civilized species that care so much about our health, yet the system in place decides to let huge companies lobby against its natural healing properties, and substitute natural remedies, for chemically enhanced pills that may help one area of the body and effect an entire other region. what is wrong with this picture, profit tied to health.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

They will just invest in cannabis and change the cure into "manageable treatments". They will still make their profit. Still need the dependent labour force and extortionate fees to maintain productivity.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join