It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana: The Super Antibiotic Of The Future

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMasterMinder
Weed back then in jamaica was predominantly sativa,which is high in thc....not cbd....so chances are it wouldnt have done anything in the way of treating his cancer if that was your point. These days sativa is classed as a landrace strain and some are getting very hard to find...colombian red/gold....hiland vietnamese blacks.....and such.Everything these days has been dutchified/bastardized for cash cropping,so most of the strains are indica based...which is higher in CBD...so maybe thats why the medical side of cannabis has been noticed more these days....more people using hi CBD strains and finding it helps whatever ails them?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Original weed had more of an equal amount of cdn/cbd to thc. its only recently the selective growing programs have produced super high thc strains.

But you are right that a sativa has traditionally slightly higher ratio of thc to cbn/cbd.

Thc oxidizes into cbn/cbd.

edit on 7-12-2015 by MrMasterMinder because: (no reason given)

(post by lifecitizen removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

I thought cannabis / tobacco smokers you had a slightly reduced risk of lung cancer than tobacco smokers..

Happy days

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrMasterMinder
Not saying it caused it but smoking weed certainly didn't cure it.

No one (worth their weight in salt) has EVER proclaimed "smoking" weed would have. Now try talking oils and there's a difference.

Just like you'll NEVER protect your liver from mushroom poisoning by just eating milk thistle the plant. But concentrate the milk thistle and it has been proven to save lives.

Just like concentrates of cannabis.

Please everyone STOP with the propoganda that people are claiming "smoking" pot cures cancer........

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

originally posted by: MrMasterMinder
Not saying it caused it but smoking weed certainly didn't cure it.

No one (worth their weight in salt) has EVER proclaimed "smoking" weed would have. Now try talking oils and there's a difference.

Just like you'll NEVER protect your liver from mushroom poisoning by just eating milk thistle the plant. But concentrate the milk thistle and it has been proven to save lives.

Just like concentrates of cannabis.

Please everyone STOP with the propoganda that people are claiming "smoking" pot cures cancer........

I met a guy recently who has cured cancer in his dogs nose... The medical establishments answer was to cut the nose off so he learned which strains to use made the oil and treated the dog and lo and behold it worked....not only worked but did so quickly and painlessly....

It is sad when pot is mentioned people automatically think stoner ....there are many benefits with pot and it doesn't have to be smoked........

S&F op love your with work

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
a reply to: Glassbender777
If they unlock the true healing powers of it, overnight the plant would become illegal. Can't have people healing themselves. Insurance companies would not be best pleased

Yes it would be nice if you could grow your own medicines

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The plants were the pharma for our ancestors. They learned through trial and error, but certainly had thousands of years to get a lot of it right. Many of us would probably not be here had they not done all of that experimentation.

When I hear of people with cancer or those in otherwise great pain reap benefits from MJ, I am happy for them and consider what they say as useful information, especially if I should ever wind up in a predicament like that.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

originally posted by: GoShredAK
a reply to: Revolution9

What about the anti convulsant/seizure properties of CBD.

Unique to cannabis no?

Yep, sure it has some unique properties like so many herbs.

It has its place, but it is being hyped as some kind of wonder herb cure everything make everything better herb.

To me Opium derived Morphine is a wonder drug. At the end of our lives when we are in severe pain morphine is such a deliverance. It is the ultimate pain killer, but with obvious side effects like addiction. Yet, for terminally ill people, it allows some real comfort when the pain has become so severe.

I was a little reactionary in my comment before, it sure has its place. I have used it over thirty years. The people who drank alcohol I know are in a lot worse shape physically than I am. I do over use it though. I do that because my life has been a mentally painful one. It is a very good gentle mental pain killer. I like how it adds a psychedelic edge to the imagination and thought processes.

Judgmental people who say it makes one lose cognitive ability, etc, are being deceived. My sensitivity is at an all time high really. My perception is very sharp. Compare that to an alcohol drinker user.

It is better that we get the facts straight though. Hard science is the best evidence of all.

I like your avatar. I am very rasta friendly, lol.

Hey thanks! Good response too, I can relate to the mental pain in some way, so I'm a supporter of all facets of cannabis.

Anyone who is rasta friendly is a friend of mine.

ETA: it should be pointed out inhaling is not the only way to ingest this flower, some seem to be missing the point.
edit on 7-12-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

I'll take that slightly reduced risk, thanks. lol.

I think most pot smokers smoke tobacco too, if not just to mix the two together.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Mon Dec 7 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Sheesh, my bad purp, and mods if I caused that. I will edit.

ETA: looking back I don't think I did, just paranoid I guess.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

well i am glad some cannabinoids aren't illegal or even covered under the usa analog act.

making them not illicit, nor mind altering, and fair game for this site.

edit on 7-12-2015 by benwyatt because: oh ho ho

edit on 7-12-2015 by benwyatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Put the thread up to show peeps some of MJ medical uses. Its nice to share stuff like this and to see what peeps have to say Its for these reasons I want the thread to stay up and i requested that we stay in terms and conditions

Ty for your replies it wasnt you causing issues on thread.

Happy Days

:-)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: benwyatt

CBD oil is legal in Europe you can buy it on Amazon. There is nothing mind altering and it's not psychoactive which is why it's legal in Europe so we should be ok discussing CBD.
I bought some for my mum and she uses it when she feels stressed, I also bought it for the medicinal properties.
My sister bought some, she suffers from panic attacks during the night (Not night terrors) but since she started taking it she has not had a recurrence. The only downside for her is the hazy/tiredness in the morning from it but those are things she is better equipped to deal with.

edit on 7-12-2015 by mclarenmp4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
In school, we learned about the endocrine immune system.......

However, it's really the cannabinoid endocrine system

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I thought our president would have rescheduled it but he didn't. If they would then it could be researched by the gov but they cant because of its scheduling. Its the cbd oil that is what works, Im not sue smoking it works as well for certain illnesses. It is very expensive here.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
God did say
I made all the herbs on earth
And it was gooood

I believe it is the plant that heals
All nations

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I won't give em anything else so they can get your stuff down.

But it is the future.

Like it or not.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join