It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana: The Super Antibiotic Of The Future

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777
If they unlock the true healing powers of it, overnight the plant would become illegal. Can't have people healing themselves. Insurance companies would not be best pleased

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer
CBG(Cannabigerol) Is your go to for antibiotics.

Cannabigerol (CBG) is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in the Cannabis genus of plants. Cannabigerol is found in higher concentrations in hemp rather than in varieties of Cannabis cultivated for high tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content and their corresponding psychoactive properties
The parent cannabinoid for all others and shows the greatest medicinal potential because it has the entire cannabinoid profile as well as non-psychoactive. S&F OP

How to get CBG? Juice raw hemp or cannabis...
Shhh don't tell tell anyone that juicing a forbidden flower is good for you.
ETA(Juicing Cannabis)
edit on 7-12-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: chrismarco

If this is in fact true some of the people I know should be immune to anthrax....

thats not how it works, just like penicillin doesnt treat prevent gangrene.

Someone has their literal pants on....just joking my friend...

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

no, only this guy has the cure. Mustard gas attacks. Mustard gas kills cancer, it kills you, and the cancer with it (aka: key-moe).

edit on 7-12-2015 by lavatrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

S&F. It makes perfect sense to conduct research. One of the main cardiac medications, Digoxin is derived from the plant Digitalis. Atropine is derived from Solanaceae (Nightshades). Quinine taken for malaria is derived from a tree (Cinchona ledgeriana). Theophylline (a bronchodilator) is derived from Theobroma cacao.

I am not sure about Echinacea and the common cold. When I looked last year there were no scientific studies to support this.

edit on 7-12-2015 by deliberator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

Academic science HAS been saying otherwise, you just choose to ignore it.

That's right, just ask Sanjay Gupta. He did a big back flip.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

What about the anti convulsant/seizure properties of CBD.

Unique to cannabis no?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Lmfao

(post by Wide-Eyes removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I hope everyone smokes pot and a lot of it. It is nice to remove so much competition from the work force.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

So defensive, so you use it for medical purposes, so what that was not my point, you do know that you can do that without getting high, right? Anyone that uses it and gets high has other reasons for using it beyond medical.

I know a lot of people who use it for entertainment and they are typically not all there, and so I stick to my post in I hope a lot of people, I live in WA BTW, use it that way to eliminate them from the competition pool.

Enjoy
edit on Mon Dec 7 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

(post by hiddenNZ removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by Xtrozero removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
fair enough

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
a reply to: Revolution9

What about the anti convulsant/seizure properties of CBD.

Unique to cannabis no?

Yep, sure it has some unique properties like so many herbs.

It has its place, but it is being hyped as some kind of wonder herb cure everything make everything better herb.

To me Opium derived Morphine is a wonder drug. At the end of our lives when we are in severe pain morphine is such a deliverance. It is the ultimate pain killer, but with obvious side effects like addiction. Yet, for terminally ill people, it allows some real comfort when the pain has become so severe.

I was a little reactionary in my comment before, it sure has its place. I have used it over thirty years. The people who drank alcohol I know are in a lot worse shape physically than I am. I do over use it though. I do that because my life has been a mentally painful one. It is a very good gentle mental pain killer. I like how it adds a psychedelic edge to the imagination and thought processes.

Judgmental people who say it makes one lose cognitive ability, etc, are being deceived. My sensitivity is at an all time high really. My perception is very sharp. Compare that to an alcohol drinker user.

It is better that we get the facts straight though. Hard science is the best evidence of all.

I like your avatar. I am very rasta friendly, lol.

edit on 7-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It didn't seem to Bob Marley any good.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMasterMinder

yeah he died of a brain tumor...dont think it was linked to cannabis though. Have half of jamaica's weed smoking rastas died of cancer....I dont know but I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The propaganda seems to have come round with this one..

Maybe I should quit..

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

was cancer of the brain, lungs and stomach. Not saying it caused it but smoking weed certainly didn't cure it.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join