It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYT: Americans With Assault Rifles Should 'Give Them Up For The Good Of Their Fellow Citizens'

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
1. An AR-15 semi-automatic is not an assault rifle. The term was made up by gun control nuts back in the 80's to make them sound scary.
2. When leftists say Gun control they mean gun confiscation .
3. banning guns will lead to organized crime making guns and selling via the black market. In short, the bad guys will still have guns, and lots of them.
4. 2A
5. Molon laba and suck it.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The only way i would give up my AR is if the government will trade it for a reconditioned M1 Garand in .308

This should be easy since the government can re-import 87,000 M1 Garand's from Korea.
www.thetruthaboutguns.com...

This would take a AR that can use a 30 round mag off the street in trade for a very collectible M1 rifle that can only take a 8 round clip.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: VVV88

μολών λαβέ πιπιλίζουν.

I like it, can we get a t-shirt?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96>>> I remember many fun trips to the gun range with a particular favorite military style firearm. It was an M 1 carbine. in 30 caliber, it was a great shooter with recoil that was manageable and light enough to easily carry and handle. I figured it would be my go to gun if aliens invaded or there was a World War 3 or whatever. I wish I'd kept it and would buy another if prices weren't so ridiculous. I have every right to own such a firearm and others do too if they can legally. That also covers other " assault" rifles. I'd worry more about some criminal carrying a revolver or pistol and robbing me than some shooter carrying a long gun. With concealed carry that should give criminals some worry about who is safe to assault and who isn't. And make no mistake, if they get certain guns banned, then they'll go after more. I used to think that people who love guns and think any guns are okay are dangerous. Then I realized that those who want guns banned are far more dangerous. Does people owning firearms make you nervous or does it threaten you? Good. You're either paranoid or up to no good.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Sunwolf

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
a reply to: butcherguy

Well, yes, alcohol is dangerous too. We did that risk analysis long ago, and at a certain time we even thought it necessary to prohibit its use. Even today we DO have controls in place to reduce the risk of consumption of alcohol. In many countries, you need to be 18 or 21 years old to be allowed to buy it (or consume it in public places). If you are drunk in public, you will get arrested. In some States you can't even have it in your car, unless in a brown paper bag and in your trunk, I believe. There are campaigns that warn us not to drink too much. We educate our children not to drink, or to drink moderate.

On the other hand: moderate consumption of alcohol might benefit your health, the ball is still out on that one. But e.g. red wine is said to be good for your circulation / heart, but only if you limit yourself to a glass a day. So, there are differences, but all in all I'd say that restrictions on the use of alcohol are wise and I fully support them.

Finally, yes, it's a fact that by doing some risk analysis and using your brain, you can actually come up with measures and controls to reduce isk. Laws that regulate the use of alcohol become more and more strict in Europe, smoking is impopular nowadays, people live healthier lives and live longer. Even our "famous" Dutch soft drug acceptance policies are actually quite strict - and will become even stricter after we have legalised their use. Mark my words.

But - we weren't discussing alcohol, methinks. We were discussing guns.

Nobody cares what a foreigner thinks about U.S. gun laws,our right to bear arms is not going away.

Whether you care or not what 'foreigners' think is irreverent. Fact is, the US isn't some hermit state like North Korea and mass shootings in the US have mass exposure in MSM all over the developed world.

We're totally within our right to have an opinion about whats being discussed on the MSM, whether its our country or not... So just deal with it, brother!

Nope,You can talk all you want but none of us here are giving up anything,whether you like it or not.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: VVV88

μολών λαβέ πιπιλίζουν.

I like it, can we get a t-shirt?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Holy Cramp! Did you really mean to post that?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

No my finger slipped.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: ForteanOrg

A large chunk of the 33,000 are suicides.
Another chunk are crims getting their comeuppance.
Another chunk are crims shooting other crims.

Better get to work saving them.

The part of the 33.000 that were suicides - resulted from a bullet fired by a firearm
The part of the 33.000 that were crimes - resulted from a bullet fired by a firearm
The part of the 33.000 that resulted from criminals shooting other criminals - resulted from a bulllet fire by a firearm.

So, 33.000 died because it is easy to get firearms.

Make it less easy - or even: impossible - and 33.000 people survive. If a person is tried and judged, he can be said to be a criminal. He (or she) should aptly be punished. That, in any civilised country, is not up to criminals, or citizens. That is up to the judge.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Make it less easy - or even: impossible - and 33.000 people survive.

Wow. You should get the Nobel Prize for Science since you just figured out how to prevent all suicides by banning guns. Maybe someone should let Japan and South Korea know.

edit on 9-12-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DutchowlI used to think that people who love guns and think any guns are okay are dangerous. Then I realized that those who want guns banned are far more dangerous.

Why? Do you also think that guys that drive like mad are less dangerous than those in favour of strict traffic rules? Do you also think that guys that beat their wife are less dangerous than guys that are against that? I'm against child abuse, so I'm more dangerous than a guy that is fond of it? What nonsense is this?

Get it in your head: guns kill. They are intented to do that, they have NO - repeat NO - other use. So, by owning a gun you make a statement: you are prepared to kill another human being. I'm not prepared to do that. So that makes ME a dangerous guy?

Sheez...

Does people owning firearms make you nervous or does it threaten you? Good. You're either paranoid or up to no good.

Well, if the logic you use to kill somebody is about as good as the logic you use when determining if somebody is dangerous, I'd be nervous when I saw you coming. A fool with a tool is still a fool.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Make it less easy - or even: impossible - and 33.000 people survive.

Wow. You should get the Nobel Prize for Science since you just figured out how to prevent all suicides by banning guns. Maybe someone should let Japan and South Korea know.

Actually: preventing all suiciides BY FIREARMS. Yes, it's that simple.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SunwolfNope,You can talk all you want but none of us here are giving up anything,whether you like it or not.

That's typical: regardless my arguments, good or not, correct or not - you will not even consider changing your opinion. That's fundamentalism. I might even say that it's a religion. In that case, we're done, as I can't nor will discuss reasonably with a fundamentalist. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Got it. So as long as they do not blow their brains out everything is all good.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Got it. So as long as they do not blow their brains out everything is all good.

Nope, it's not - a life it taken. Kinfolk and friends are left behind, often in despair. Not good. Especially not when the a gun was used - they tend to be rather messy. Go speak to a father whose child has shot itself in the head. You'd be amazed by the damage it does, in more than one way.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Go speak to a father whose child has shot itself in the head. You'd be amazed by the damage it does, in more than one way.

Or I can go talk to my friend who had to hire a clean up crew after his father hung himself.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Get it in your head: guns kill. They are intented to do that, they have NO - repeat NO - other use.

Really, I've heard some dumb things said but that takes the cake..

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Go speak to a father whose child has shot itself in the head. You'd be amazed by the damage it does, in more than one way.

Or I can go talk to my friend who had to hire a clean up crew after his father hung himself.

Eww man. no THAt was a nasty mess. after the body defecated all over itself. And after the maggots started chowing down releasing all that bile and rotten juices. Were his eyeballs burst yet?

A gun is usually th e cleanest suicide depending on the caliber and type. Mafia guys use 22's alot because they go in and rarely come back out. And on a side note. Brains is almost impossible to clean out of ceiling tiles.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildb

Get it in your head: guns kill. They are intented to do that, they have NO - repeat NO - other use.

Really, I've heard some dumb things said but that takes the cake..

Well, to some folks in here you really need to state the obvious.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SunwolfNope,You can talk all you want but none of us here are giving up anything,whether you like it or not.

That's typical: regardless my arguments, good or not, correct or not - you will not even consider changing your opinion. That's fundamentalism. I might even say that it's a religion. In that case, we're done, as I can't nor will discuss reasonably with a fundamentalist. Sorry.

Nope,you are wrong.Nothing you say will change anyones mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join