It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

NYT: Americans With Assault Rifles Should 'Give Them Up For The Good Of Their Fellow Citizens'

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I just dont understand democrats. Time and again life has proven to them they are not the best decision makers. I mean all things relative, democrats are poorer than their counterparts. When we ask people to get an ID to vote its the democrats who cant even find a way to the DMV to get their free ID. Dont make me go on, you know democrats usually get the short end of this stick. With that said, what gives democrats the authority to burden anyone else with their decisions? Is that not akin to a bat boy trying to tell the all star how to hit a baseball?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Many of those who are for a revolt against a tyrannical U.S government are right wing leaning are they not? I didn't specify ALL Firearm owners are conservatives. What I said is not Ironic nor could it be construed as hypocritical, the words "Gun totting", "Conservative" and "Insurrection" are not terms strictly used as partisan political rhetoric.

What I'm simply stating is to make firearm owner's in this thread think and feel like their right to own a firearm is a criminal offense equatable to being terrorist is a non sequitur and does nothing but perpetuate the outright lies that the right wing continues to pump out using the fringe element of the left as a bases for their propaganda. No one is after your guns much like not all gun owners are terrorists. It's just pure paranoia taken to extreme levels.

I understand why gun owners may feel like their right to bear arms feels threatened but refusing any kind of bipartisan compromise out of fear is silly.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
a reply to: neo96

So your going to wait until the state has stripped you of all your rights, abused and exploited the crap out the American people. Than you'll take up arms? Dude let's be real here, the likely hood of the American people violently revolting against the government is almost unlikely, let alone successfully overthrowing the government with all their military grade hardware.

The U.S government has been treading on the American people for decades and nothing has been done. Did America revolt when they found out the NSA was spying on U.S citizens? Nope. Did America revolt when they found out the branches of the government were funding the very terrorist their now fighting over seas and threatening the homeland? Nope. Did America revolt when knowing full well that many of their politicians should be imprisoned? Nope.

Seriously how long are you guys planning on waiting? Are you waiting for them to come for your firearms? You realize by that time that happens an armed revolt would be almost futile...If anything Firearm owner's have been helping the state out with catching the low scum criminals instead of the real sociopathic criminals in wall street and Washington.

That was the standard for the American revolution wasn`t it,when the British tried to confiscate arms?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Im sorry to interrupt but anyone who is not american and who this does not effects can kindly show themselves out on this topic. Its honestly none of your business unless you are talking about your own nations gun issues.

The NYT should be ashamed for trolling the american people.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

sorry.. the gun laws are not changing. criminals can get full auto weapons so at least civilians can keep it the way thigs are now. plus any real American would not try to ovethrow the govt. We would just make sure the govt knows who they are working for, if all else failed.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Can't do that with a legal civilian rifle either,not to mention AIMING is kind of important so full auto fire isn't handy.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Do these guns possess you and make you kill people? If not, then how does owning one put others at risk?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Well, yes, alcohol is dangerous too. We did that risk analysis long ago, and at a certain time we even thought it necessary to prohibit its use. Even today we DO have controls in place to reduce the risk of consumption of alcohol. In many countries, you need to be 18 or 21 years old to be allowed to buy it (or consume it in public places). If you are drunk in public, you will get arrested. In some States you can't even have it in your car, unless in a brown paper bag and in your trunk, I believe. There are campaigns that warn us not to drink too much. We educate our children not to drink, or to drink moderate.

On the other hand: moderate consumption of alcohol might benefit your health, the ball is still out on that one. But e.g. red wine is said to be good for your circulation / heart, but only if you limit yourself to a glass a day. So, there are differences, but all in all I'd say that restrictions on the use of alcohol are wise and I fully support them.

Finally, yes, it's a fact that by doing some risk analysis and using your brain, you can actually come up with measures and controls to reduce isk. Laws that regulate the use of alcohol become more and more strict in Europe, smoking is impopular nowadays, people live healthier lives and live longer. Even our "famous" Dutch soft drug acceptance policies are actually quite strict - and will become even stricter after we have legalised their use. Mark my words.

But - we weren't discussing alcohol, methinks. We were discussing guns.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Seriously I cant imagine caring about whatever country youre in at all.

You are obsessed with America. We do not care about you.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
The problem is, that they think we're stupid American's, but just because they think it...doesn't make it so. American's will laugh it off and keep the weapon that protects their families. They forgot...family first!

You HAVE seen the statistics, have you? My family is much more safe in my country than it is in yours. We don NOT have guns here, you DO. Now, how come?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: mwalker

Seriously I cant imagine caring about whatever country youre in at all.

You are obsessed with America. We do not care about you.

Pluralis majestatis, I guess. Well, I do care about you, but that's besides the point. The point is that I care about me, my friends and family, whom all are jeopardized by the gun-toting fools that walk the earth.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
a reply to: butcherguy

Well, yes, alcohol is dangerous too. We did that risk analysis long ago, and at a certain time we even thought it necessary to prohibit its use. Even today we DO have controls in place to reduce the risk of consumption of alcohol. In many countries, you need to be 18 or 21 years old to be allowed to buy it (or consume it in public places). If you are drunk in public, you will get arrested. In some States you can't even have it in your car, unless in a brown paper bag and in your trunk, I believe. There are campaigns that warn us not to drink too much. We educate our children not to drink, or to drink moderate.

On the other hand: moderate consumption of alcohol might benefit your health, the ball is still out on that one. But e.g. red wine is said to be good for your circulation / heart, but only if you limit yourself to a glass a day. So, there are differences, but all in all I'd say that restrictions on the use of alcohol are wise and I fully support them.

Finally, yes, it's a fact that by doing some risk analysis and using your brain, you can actually come up with measures and controls to reduce isk. Laws that regulate the use of alcohol become more and more strict in Europe, smoking is impopular nowadays, people live healthier lives and live longer. Even our "famous" Dutch soft drug acceptance policies are actually quite strict - and will become even stricter after we have legalised their use. Mark my words.

But - we weren't discussing alcohol, methinks. We were discussing guns.

Nobody cares what a foreigner thinks about U.S. gun laws,our right to bear arms is not going away.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Bc your skinny jeans are bullet proof?

We are just different kinds of people man. I bet youve never been in a bar fight or scored a touchdown. I average a fight per week and im normal here. We are alpha type and you are omega type. Now stop sticking your nose where its not wanted.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes

sorry.. the gun laws are not changing. criminals can get full auto weapons so at least civilians can keep it the way thigs are now. plus any real American would not try to ovethrow the govt. We would just make sure the govt knows who they are working for, if all else failed.

In the EU, criminals also can get weapons - mostly from countries that have less stricter gun laws. We're working on it. But in the meantime, most EU countries already have strict gun laws, low death tolls and in general, even in this day and age, people feel safe without guns. I can go to the nearest city, in the middle of the night, and walk around there with a neglible risk of being shot at. Also, largely due to the multiple party system we have here, we aren't in that weird situation you are in: that no matter who is in office, half of the population feels their enemy is in ofice. We have elections here that actually work quite well and our governments fear election day like nothing else. No guns needed.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

NOBODY CARES ABOUT OR EMULATES THE FREAKING EU

STOP

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

We are just different kinds of people man. I bet youve never been in a bar fight or scored a touchdown. I average a fight per week and im normal here. We are alpha type and you are omega type. Now stop sticking your nose where its not wanted.

Well, I would not say "skinny"

I've seen bar fights, never got involved nor hurt. See, bar fights are mostly started by stupid asses that become drunk fast because they think it is masculin. They typically yap about being able to "hold their liquor" - as if that is something to be proud of. They order beer in gallons, strong liquor by the bottle. They drink because that's about all they can do. When drunk they start groping women, they need the liquor to get the courage to do so. Of course, most women don't like that much. Inevitably, some other drunk alpha ape thinks he needs to rescue her and starts whacking folks at random. Whom mostly are all pissed themselves so their fuzzy brains can't figure out that the wisest thing to do is to leave quickly, instead they start whacking too. Oh yeah, big fun

See, that's the difference between you and me: you think you can fight everybody. I don't have to.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

NOBODY CARES ABOUT OR EMULATES THE FREAKING EU

STOP

Ouch. So loud.

I don't believe I was suggesting that. I was merely suggesting to ban arms worldwide, if that is not possible, to restrict their use. I don't particularly like dead people.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

Well, I would not say "skinny"

I've seen bar fights, never got involved nor hurt. See, bar fights are mostly started by stupid asses that become drunk fast because they think it is masculin. They typically yap about being able to "hold their liquor" - as if that is something to be proud of. They order beer in gallons, strong liquor by the bottle. They drink because that's about all they can do. When drunk they start groping women, they need the liquor to get the courage to do so. Of course, most women don't like that much. Inevitably, some other drunk alpha ape thinks he needs to rescue her and starts whacking folks at random. Whom mostly are all pissed themselves so their fuzzy brains can't figure out that the wisest thing to do is to leave quickly, instead they start whacking too. Oh yeah, big fun

See, that's the difference between you and me: you think you can fight everybody. I don't have to.

game set match..different people..different cultures..youve seen bar fights lol..freaking euros man

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SunwolfNobody cares what a foreigner thinks about U.S. gun laws,our right to bear arms is not going away.

Well, you should not frequent a site like this then - the entire purpose of this site is to exchange opinions and discuss, and to do so in an international context. After all, if this was an EU only site, the entire discussion would be unnecessary. We have strict gun laws. It is becaus of that and because we in the EU know how it is to live with that, that I can inform you about the benefits: lower death tolls, less risk and more happiness.

The reason you cling to your guns is simple: they taught you that guns solve problems. Actually, they create them.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: mwalkergame set match..different people..different cultures..youve seen bar fights lol..freaking euros man

No doubt you've been in bar fights. And when you walk out of there, either with damage, having inflicted damage or both - you no doubt feel quite a man. You need that kick.

I don't.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join