It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many on ATS actually believe the propaganda....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: crazyewok

I wonder how many Americans who used to top up the IRA glass every Friday are afraid of the Muslims now?.

Ha yeah.

I grew up with the car bombings in london. Honnestly I think if what happened in the 90's happened to them the US would of ended up banning cars by some of the reactions on here.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I knew Tim Parry his parents were friends of my parents and played with him a couple of times.
I wonder If the Americans who did help the IRA knew they killed kids.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: theonenonlyone

I think a better question would be if you believe in the propaganda that a two party political system, a fractional reserve banking system, and a NWO is ideal.

History has shown that governments LIE to their citizens.
History has shown that governments will use False Flags to further specific agendas.
History has shown that it is full of conspiracy, not conspiracy theories.

You should ask yourself why the two party system is more polarized than ever before right now. Or why race relations are at there worst in decades after electing a black president.

Divide and conquer. Hegelian Dialectic.
edit on 6-12-2015 by Anosognosia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: theonenonlyone
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Ok lets us say that 9ooo deaths are gang related, suicide family violence..that still leaves 1000 americans killed by fellow americans

Ok, why dont we say 9999 are gang related, suicide family violence...that leaves 1 killed by fellow Americans. If we can just pick numbers...

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Show me the statistics about that..

24 things that are more likely to happen than winning the lottery...
Here are 11 other ways you are more likely to die than win the lottery:

Being killed by a vending machine. (1 in 112 million)
Being killed in a terrorist attack on an airline. (1 in 25 million)
Dying from a bee, hornet or wasp sting. (1 in 6.1 million)
Dying from being left-handed and using a right-handed product incorrectly. (1 in 4.4 million)
Dying in a plane crash. (1 in 1 million)
Being killed by flesh-eating bacteria. (1 in 1 million)
Getting Struck by Lightning. (1 in 1 million)
Drowning (1 in 2,000,000)
Drowning specifically in a bathtub. (1 in 840,000)
Dying in an on-the-job accident. (1 in 48,000)
Being murdered…just in general. (1 in 18,000)
LINK

Not sure why you keep minimizing threat of terrorists.. like they do not exist.. not only in this thread but in others too where you have replied.
edit on 6-12-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
Id make an argument that there are people in san bernadino who said its all propoganda until it happened.

And even then, out of the 213,708 people living in San Bernadino only 14, .0000655%, or 1 in 15,265 people, depending on how you want to think about it were killed by a terrorist attack. That is a very small percentage.
edit on 6-12-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
And telling Americans they should give up their constitutional RIGHT.

To the one biggest arms dealer, and financier of TERRORISTS in the world.

If you really believe that, then from where I'm sitting you have an obligation to either stop it by force or to move away and cease contributing. Continuing to be a law abiding citizen who contributes to a nations productivity and pays taxes to a criminal government is an endorsement of that government, even if you only do so begrudgingly. Of course, that's predicated on the government being a criminal enterprise in the first place, which it's not.

originally posted by: Informer1958
Fear and propaganda are used to control humans and to make money. Gun control does not work, you can remove all the guns from a country and the crime rate will stay the same.

The fact is, you will never get the guns out of the criminals hands, they will always have access to them through the Black Markets.

Actually gun control does work, to an extent. It doesn't lower the crime rate but it does make those crimes less lethal. The problem with gun control is that it's not a quick fix, particularly in a nation like the US. It can only work if access to guns is restricted across the entire nation, if there is an area where the laws aren't uniform and guns are easier to obtain, weapons will simply flow from that area to everywhere else.

The other issue is that we apparently have 3 guns in the US for every person, it will take a very long time to remove those weapons from circulation. Any attempt at gun control would optimistically require 30 years and more realistically 50 years of continuous buyback programs and other initiatives to get weapons off the streets. With the ultimate goal not being that it would fully remove weapons but rather that it would remove enough of the supply of guns that petty crimes would be committed with easier to obtain and more economical choices, for example robbing someone with a knife instead of a revolver.

That said, it will never happen in the US. We have too many guns, maintaining the political will to keep them banned long enough to see a benefit just isn't possible and on top of that there is a very real prospect of technology not cooperating with us as items like 3d printers will one day in the future give people the ability to create their own weapons much more easily than they can now.

So the end result is that we need some other type of solution. Giving everyone a weapon doesn't seem to work and taking all the weapons isn't practical. Personally I have yet to hear a single reasonable solution from either side. I'm starting to think that one doesn't exist.
edit on 6-12-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join