It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many on ATS actually believe the propaganda....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
about that you are in more danger from a Islamic terrorist attack than an American one.

History has shown the world otherwise that the biggest threat to America is the fact that mentally unstable people have access to guns or that you are more likely to be killed by American born mass shooters.

Not asking for you to stop the fear of Islamic terrorist but to be vigilant for all threats because focusing on one could leave you vulnerable to the others.

Also not asking for a ban on guns nor is this a debate about guns but a question about who is buying what these scaremongers are selling.

Also not a discussion about bias or bigotry just asking.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theonenonlyone
about that you are in more danger from a Islamic terrorist attack than an American one.

History has shown the world otherwise that the biggest threat to America is the fact that mentally unstable people have access to guns or that you are more likely to be killed by American born mass shooters.

Not asking for you to stop the fear of Islamic terrorist but to be vigilant for all threats because focusing on one could leave you vulnerable to the others.

Also not asking for a ban on guns nor is this a debate about guns but a question about who is buying what these scaremongers are selling.

Also not a discussion about bias or bigotry just asking.

What isnt propganda then? I could say youre spewing propganda about homegrown mentally unstable americans killing people. Not that you are. But dont people have aright to fear something if they want to? Its not all fire and brimstone out there but its not roses and daisies either. In short, mind your business and be a good person. The rest usually takes care of itself.
edit on 5-12-2015 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
You cant say that, its true but they wont let you say that. You got more chances to win the lottery 4 times than getting killed by a terrorist, just dont remind them they will get offended.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theonenonlyone

Many are falling for it and many are helping the fear spread.
Some from a different religious club on ATS are loving all the hate it will help bring them the end of the world in their eyes.
We in the UK put up with the IRA for years and I was never afraid of them same with any religious nut.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Id make an argument that there are people in san bernadino who said its all propoganda until it happened.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: theonenonlyone

I think every time there is a mass shooting it actually has an opposite effect, it makes people want to have guns more and it really doesn't matter where the threat is coming from.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
How many on ATS actually believe the propaganda....
about that you are in more danger from Global Warming than a Islamic terrorist attack?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
On ATS...3%

Public...33%

wait, what was the discussion, you said what your not asking.

I am cornfused

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Stay on the ball, its pretty easy, try it one day.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Are you asking if I'm buying into your propaganda, or the propaganda you're rebuking?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

They are one in the same..."They" being the mentally unstable & mass shooters.

That said, Syed Farook IS AMERICAN BORN.

Would you like to start over?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

They are one in the same..."They" being the mentally unstable & mass shooters.

That said, Syed Farook IS AMERICAN BORN.

Would you like to start over?

Not sure if actually made any point there?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I would say that taking historical US numbers into account against a relatively new terrorist threat isn't a fair comparison. I would like to see the numbers compared over the same time period. I am sure that if it is sectioned off enough times either side of coin can find a time span that supports their position. But there has to be a majority somewhere in recent history where both threats were realized.

Not that it matters much. We should defend ourselves against any threat we identify. It just so happens that one of these is more easily identified than the other. But that comes down to personal experience. If you hang out with muslims all the time and they never hurt you or anyone you know, you will probably not look at muslims as a threat. If you hang out with gang bangers and they never hurt you, you will probably not look at them as a threat. And so on. You can depend solely on your own observations, but I would caution against that. Most people observe relatively little of what happens on a daily basis in this world. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is assuming you know everything you need to know. Life has a way of smacking that belief right out of you...

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightTF3
Are you asking if I'm buying into your propaganda, or the propaganda you're rebuking?

Propaganda - information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

Mine is backed with stats and facts. Not misleading.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Now that part right there is a fair assessment and reasonable admonition.

But as far as the so-called "propaganda," it isn't, but on the other hand I do not feel personally at risk. The point is that we're not dealing with some crazies who are pissed off at being fired or are thinking shooting up a movie theater would put their name in lights. We're dealing with people who would nuke our cities if they could.

There are quite a few people in Paris, Ft. Hood, and San Bernadino who no longer have the option of rejecting this so-called "propaganda," and if the rest of us ignore it because we're afraid of being called racist, or pretend that really, it's all our fault, then I'm thinking those folks deserve an untimely death.

The "propaganda" here is buying off on the idea that it's no big deal and that you can't say, "Islamic Terrorist."

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
What was the real reason Hiroshima and Nagasaki civilian populations were NUKED/ATOMBOMBED?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
AN ILLUSTRATED HISTORY OF TERROR ATTACKS PRIOR TO 9/11

List: Islamic Terror Attacks against USA before 9/11

Global terrorism on rise: Fivefold increase in terror-related deaths since 2000

The only propaganda I am hearing are those trying to deny terrorism exists.

And telling Americans they should give up their constitutional RIGHT.

To the one biggest arms dealer, and financier of TERRORISTS in the world.

edit on 5-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
heh, i rarely watch tv, but was out of town recently and stumbled onto CNN in the hotel lobby. they were talking about how they could not confirm if it was "terrorism" or not, the people who shot up 14 of em. I was wondering how the hell they qualify the term "terrorism". does that mean islamic radicals, or does it mean... i dunno... people who have an intent on making a scene of terror towards another group of people... guess i don't get it. killing 14 seems like an act of terror, but I guess it takes the alphabet agencies some time to figure out of it's "terrorism". kinda sounds like, in which way do we want to spin this one? let's think this through and come up with a gameplan to push our agenda.

ah, i dunno. there's plenty of nonsense on this site as well. i barely take in any of it online, offline out and about, it's a sea of bull# all around, trying to paddle my way through it all and stick to my goals. curious what might be happening, but betting nothing being propagated among the lemmings isn't tarnished with... you know, propaganda.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
That goes to show a war in response to alleged terror is more like a war OF terror

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

edit on 5-12-2015 by Bone75 because: nevermind... kind of jumped the gun on that one

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join