It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Cooling Denialism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There seems to be a denial of the facts. Earth is cooling, not warming. The sea levels are rising slower & slower, and will likely get get lower as the poles and glaciers continue to gain record ice. Supposed "scientists" have been corrupting data to attempt to "prove" to the public that global warming is real, and we should all submit to the government's carbon taxes, because the only way to "save the planet" is by turning all 1st world countries into 3rd world countries. If you still believe in global warming, you are in denial of global cooling.

Here are some of the latest examples of global cooling caused by "global warming" caused by "greenhouse gases":

www.bom.gov.au...

icelandmonitor.mbl.is...

thewatchers.adorraeli.com...

www.latimes.com...

www.jsonline.com...

www.express.co.uk...

www.express.co.uk...

www.express.co.uk...

notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com...

www.total-croatia-news.com...

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

english.sina.com...

www.shanghaidaily.com...

www.dailydetroit.com...

www.chicagotribune.com...

www.argusleader.com...

www.yankton.net...

"They" predicted that the arctic would be ice-free. It's not. It's gaining ice and getting colder.

"They" predicted polar bears becoming extinct. They're not. They're thriving.

"They" predicted the Maldives will sink into the rising ocean. They're not. After decades of supposed "global warming" the Maldives have not sunk into the ocean.

"They" predicted "snow-free" Britain. Apparently record snow in Scotland doesn't count.

None of the predictions are ever specific anyway. "Some places will get colder and some warmer, and some drier and some wetter." OKAY, well be specific! SHOW ME A MAP OF WHERE EXACTLY WILL GET COLDER AND WETTER, and we shall see if those predictions will come true. So far, no predictions have come true. Rising CO2 has NOT caused the warming that was expected. As of now, after decades of the global-warming scare, with record cold & snow world-wide for years, ANYONE WHO DENIES GLOBAL COOLING IS DENYING SCIENCE!

Here's my specific prediction:

Look at a map of the world during the last great glaciation 20,000 years ago. Where was it frozen? Where was it dry? If you look at the world today, it is obvious that the world is rapidly becoming like those maps. The Western America is becoming more DRY, exactly like it was 20,000 years ago. That's just one example. That is what the world will look like, guaranteed.

Dress warm.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If I had to choose between the two, I'd actually prefer a warming trend. More Co2 is good for plants, which means more food for everyone. An extended cooling spell would have the opposite affect.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Robotswilltakeover

I really like cold weather and lots of snow.

My ideal place would be somewhere in Alaska. Maybe I can just stay put and the cold weather will come to me.

I also like the idea of more CO2 for plants so I guess either way works for me.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Robotswilltakeover
There seems to be a denial of the facts

"They" predicted that the arctic would be ice-free. It's not. It's gaining ice and getting colder.
None of the predictions are ever specific anyway.

Oh good, you're yet again posting nonsense.
The arctic is warming faster than any other place on Earth. It wasn't predicted by a certain date to be ice-free. Rush Limbaugh took something Al Gore said, then used the earliest date in a range. The range was between 2014 and 2029:

Last September 21, as the Northern Hemisphere tilted away from the sun, scientists reported with unprecedented distress that the North Polar ice cap is "falling off a cliff." One study estimated that it could be completely gone during summer in less than 22 years. Another new study, to be presented by U.S. Navy researchers later this week, warns it could happen in as little as 7 years. -- Al Gore, 2007 speech

No specific predictions? Hell, look back to 1965 when they projected a range of possible CO2 levels by the year 1999, and the CO2 levels in 1999 were within that range.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Its interesting seeing maps of glaciers during interglacials and recent cold spells caused by polar vortices. Ice core datasuggests that ice ages can switch on within a year, which if reoccurred today, it result in mass hunger from failing crops. Clearly the IPCC warming trend is preferable (Roman and Minoan warming periods were perhaps 1ºc warmer than now) to another ice age.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Your links are old. The Arctic is cold and ice has been growing.

www.bbc.com...

www.climate4you.com...

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Do you suppose this guy might have had a influence on the Arctic being free of ice by 2015 ? I wonder if he is still considered a expert on such things ?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Your links are dumb. The Arctic gets cold this time of year, shocking I know.

1) Arctic ice grows by around a third every winter - and loses it in summer.
2) Is there something I'm supposed to be looking for here?
3) Not even record lows in Alaska, what's the fuss?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Your links are old. The Arctic is cold and ice has been growing.

Your first link is about 2013 and says this:

"The long-term trend of the ice volume is downwards and the long-term trend of the temperatures in the Arctic is upwards and this finding doesn't give us any reason to disbelieve that - as far as we can tell it's just one anomalous year."
www.bbc.com...

You didn't mention that, for some reason.

Your second link does not concern Arctic ice.

Your third link. Yes. There was a cold snap in Alaska this year. No records set. No cooling.

Temperatures were about 20 degrees below average but were some way off record lows, Roth said, adding the state was not expected to go above zero until Thursday.

www.nbcnews.com...

On the other hand, all time record high temperature records continue to exceed all time low temperature records...both in the US and globally...
Makes one want to ponder...
www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

Cooling? No, not so much.

edit on 12/5/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
I mentioned in this in the last post, but give it a look.
That looks to have been posted in 2012. 2012 had the lowest summer ice extent recorded.

There were considerable worries that it would continue a downwards spiral. Fortunately, it's not melted quite as much the last few years. Unfortunately, it's nowhere near the 1961-2010 average... and there's still another year on his probably melted during summer prediction of 3 or 4 years.

So, you tell me.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

In this vid the same guy is saying the arctic will be a open sea but data this past summer shows that it had increased from the prior year .
summer ice is either shrinking growing or staying the same . He suggests that it was going to keep shrinking from 2009 . He said the old models missed the 2007 and had to be reworked ,and it is based on the new models that were saying the ice was going to disappear . I guess when climate science uses a computer model to project what the climate will be like it can be ignored ....They don't seem to have any real value for us plebs .

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

You're incorrect. Several weeks ago south Central AK had a week of sub zero cold in which record low highs were set all over the region. Our tempo have been on the low side of normal, we've just been getting less moisture than normal and had a wonky pressure system the last 2 winters that has produced dry for us with polar vortex conditions for the lesser 48.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

We had record low highs. The difference is not all that nuanced, the end result is a lower average temperature.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Several weeks ago south Central AK had a week of sub zero cold in which record low highs were set all over the region.

Record low highs? Odd phraseology.
But I assume you mean record lows. Tell me, were those records "all time" records, or records "for the day?" Because there is a difference.

And there are far more all time high temperature records being set, on an ongoing basis, than all time low temperature records. This would not seem to indicate a cooling trend.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I look out my window and everything looks normal.
I've seen sixty winters and summers, and I do not see ANYTHING unusual.
The only gas thats rising is the bulish!t gas.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

As soon as the UN figures out how to make money off of global cooling, and gets nations to peg research and grant funding to capitulation by their scientific publicly funded organizations, it will become a thing. This crap is called nature, but there's money to be made, control to be centralized, and sheep to be fleeced, so we will continue to hear how humanity is to blame and we must dig deep to save it all. :rolleyes:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I've seen sixty winters and summers, and I do not see ANYTHING unusual.

I've seen more, and I disagree.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

summer ice is either shrinking growing or staying the same .

It is shrinking. And so is fall ice.

Arctic sea ice extent averaged for November 2015 was the sixth lowest in the satellite data record. Through 2015, the linear rate of decline for November extent is 4.7% per decade.

nsidc.org...

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It's means the day's high was the lowest on record for that date. A couple of them set records for the entire month of November...

Whether is a funny thing because it constantly changes. (Cue some BS about the difference between weather and climate, which was developed based on semantics and the need for a quick way to dismiss skeptics.)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join