It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Cooling Denialism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Yes. A "daily record". Ooo... A couple of "monthly records.

So you think the fact that there are far more all time high temperature records than all time low temperature records (and daily, and monthly) being set (on an ongoing basis), means that there is a cooling trend?
www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

(Cue some BS about the difference between weather and climate, which was developed based on semantics and the need for a quick way to dismiss skeptics.)
No. It is a matter of definitions, not semantics.

edit on 12/5/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Robotswilltakeover

Excellent thread robots!

I would like to link people to my thread that goes into detail via a video by James Corbett about the way the global warming community fudges the science to promote the idea that polar bears are going extinct!

Won't someone please think of the polar bears!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: VoidHawk

I've seen sixty winters and summers, and I do not see ANYTHING unusual.

I've seen more, and I disagree.

Since you're THE PHAGE...your observations naturally trump his.

Also...it's simple math really...60+ > 60..therefore.

Sweet taste of victory.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Robotswilltakeover
There seems to be a denial of the facts. Earth is cooling, not warming. The sea levels are rising slower & slower, and will likely get get lower as the poles and glaciers continue to gain record ice. Supposed "scientists" have been corrupting data to attempt to "prove" to the public that global warming is real, and we should all submit to the government's carbon taxes, because the only way to "save the planet" is by turning all 1st world countries into 3rd world countries. If you still believe in global warming, you are in denial of global cooling.

Here are some of the latest examples of global cooling caused by "global warming" caused by "greenhouse gases":

www.bom.gov.au...

*snip*
ANYONE WHO DENIES GLOBAL COOLING IS DENYING SCIENCE!

Do you actually read any of the links you post, or do you just look at the headlines?

From your first source:

www.bom.gov.au...

Winter 2015 temperatures for Australia as a whole were actually above the long-term average, continuing the trend which has seen only two below average seasons since 2000 (Table 1). The national average winter temperature was 0.8 °C above the 1961–90 reference period (Figure 1), making it the ninth warmest winter on record. While these values are drawn from the Bureau’s carefully homogenised 100 station temperature data set, the same findings follow from using the entire Bureau network of nearly 700 temperature stations.

edit on 6-12-2015 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Recent report from a Canadian coast guard concerning the Hudson bay ice "worst I've seen it in twenty years" Global warming research team abandons survey, too cold.
Snow still not melted in Buffalo, NY, and Scotland, UK, in June/July.
Yet this year is the hottest? Where? Stromboli?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

What are you quoting from???

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Dear global warming acolytes,

"Confirmation Bias" is defined as a tendency to search for and/or interpret information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions, leading to statistical errors.

Proof of earths rising temperature is the manifestation of the fervent, religious belief/defense of all things global warming....ummm, i mean climate change....

Let's be honest....if I'm a meteorologist at Harvard, am I getting a grant to study earths non-human relationship to climate change???
The answer is not only NO but I may lose my job for questioning fascist scientific dogma which seeks to control every aspect of everyone's lives...
for Christs sake, they want to tax my carbon footprint...you know, that element which makes all life possible..

Anyhow, I'm just a lowly "denier" in their vernacular...which is funny to subtlety equate climate dogma to the holocaust but whatever floats their scientific fascist boat I guess....
And they need boats, cuz, you know the ice caps are melting and polar bears are dying and hockey stick graphs...thanks al gore and progressive scientific fascism...

-Christosterone

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

ts interesting seeing maps of glaciers during interglacials and recent cold spells caused by polar vortices. Ice core datasuggests that ice ages can switch on within a year, which if reoccurred today, it result in mass hunger from failing crops. Clearly the IPCC warming trend is preferable (Roman and Minoan warming periods were perhaps 1ºc warmer than now) to another ice age.

Oh wow...its been ten hours and no one has attacked you, maybe you're on to something here.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The Sun has begun its slumber.
Scurrying humans and industry warning of this and that
is pointless when a million wide
giant cools down ever so slightly.
We will feel it for thousands of years.
Until Scientific American puts this "nap"
on their front cover, I will go blue in the face
saying " Its the Sun !"
www.sciencecodex.com...

yes humans heated it up but the boss is cooling it off.
edit on 6-12-2015 by UnderKingsPeak because: link

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Because we all know that a big focus on the development and adoption of clean, renewable energy sources is a terrible idea. And so what if we totally obliterate our planets ecosystem? The next generation will deal with it, they're smart enough. Am I right, guys, or am I right?

edit on 6/12/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: VoidHawk

I've seen sixty winters and summers, and I do not see ANYTHING unusual.

I've seen more, and I disagree.

If you've seen more then maybe senility is setting in?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
"Global warming ‘pause’ was a myth all along, says new study"

theconversation.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join