It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW3 Draft will include women.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
a reply to: BIGPoJo
They broke the glass ceiling!

Good for them, just don't want to hear complaints from feminists when that glass gives them a million cuts.

2nd

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
About time too.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Isreal has had mandatory service for both male and females for the last 40 years, and they seem to have a rather decent military. But, I don't believe their will be a draft. If anything, they will pass that bill that has floated around congress a few times already that would make it a requirement for everyone within a certain age group to serve for a period of time in one way or another. There'd probably be exclusions for the handicapped, and not everyone would be brought into the military, but you would be drafted to do something, maybe sweeping the capital building steps or something. Heck maybe working at the local 7/11....
it's a great reducer of unemployment, of course the fact that all these people are getting paychecks from uncle sam is a secondary perk, reducing the cost of wages for some businesses and putting them on a competitive basis with china and india.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
No member of my family will be honoring any "draft". Any attempt to kidnap any member of the family will be met with equal force.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

The proposed H.R. 747 — the National Universal Service Act – -would mandate that all persons between the age of 18 and 25 to perform “national service” for two years — a tour of duty in the Uniformed Services (the Army, the Navy, the Air Force, the Marine Corps, the Coast Guard, the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps are the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Corps) or a commitment of public service to a federal, state or local agency, including community-based organizations.

This bill was first introduced in 2003, and was reintroduced in 2006, 2007, 2010 and 2011. The bill will affect 30 million Americans.

www.mintpressnews.com...

any draft would probably be something like this.... a few years of mandatory service, for everyone, unless well, so disabled that they couldn't serve in any meaningful way. would do a great job of not only reducing the unemployment numbers, but quite possibly would also either help the economy by giving those younger members of society some spending power, or completely degrade their earning power depending on just how much they decided to pay these young adults. and, well, if they want to increase the armed forces, I kind of have the feeling that the base pay for those who aren't serving in them would be paid considerably less.
it could have some perks, opening up an avenue for them to gain experience (probably rather useless experience for many, but still experience), it would probably give them some kind of income, only god knows how much income. but well god also only knows just how much freedom they may lose.

my guess would be that if it was passed, it would have more to do with economic factors than it would that they need or want to draft people into the military. although they might use a war or threat of one to pass the danged thing.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

In this day and age I doubt many would turn up. There would be so many draft dodgers there wouldn't be enough room to imprison them.

When people can sea through the government's BS mass drafts become a lot more difficult....

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Pitou
(fit) Women will need to be drafted to compensate for the men (and women) who're unable to fight because of their obesity.

?

Hell no! Give me an overweight person who is brave enough to fight for their freedom,

When has anyone fought for freedom since korea?

Infact being DRAFTED to fight for freedom seems a oxymoron...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: benwyatt

Equal force doesn't work as all these people understand is escalation.

Paper for paper?, you need to whip out scissors, then they'll whip out a rock.........

Just ignore their edicts en masse.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Wars have never been fought for freedom since 1812.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
Isreal has had mandatory service for both male and females for the last 40 years, and they seem to have a rather decent military. But, I don't believe their will be a draft. If anything, they will pass that bill that has floated around congress a few times already that would make it a requirement for everyone within a certain age group to serve for a period of time in one way or another. There'd probably be exclusions for the handicapped, and not everyone would be brought into the military, but you would be drafted to do something, maybe sweeping the capital building steps or something. Heck maybe working at the local 7/11....
it's a great reducer of unemployment, of course the fact that all these people are getting paychecks from uncle sam is a secondary perk, reducing the cost of wages for some businesses and putting them on a competitive basis with china and india.

Even they are looking at going to an all volunteer force as only 50% of those they conscript end up serving. They do have a better record than most because their conscripts serve for 3 years. That is enough time to get them up to par with professional soldiers. Unlike say Russia where they serve 1 year which leads to barely trained troops. Israeli conscripts are more likely to show up even with the 3 year tour but, in Russia even with only a 1 year obligation it is hard to get people to show up. This is why conscription and the draft is a dying form of military service.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

Depopulation lowers our collective IQ and de-diversifies the gene pool. Strong men and now strong women will go die off in war while the weak are left to repopulate.

Actually, it's the other way round. Our gene pool will become stronger, more robust and there will me offspring with higher IQ as all the dumbarses have gone to fight for the bankers and the politicians.
It takes a stronger person to resist the propaganda and slurs of those who would have us do their bidding.

We are talking about a draft. You don't have a choice if you get drafted or not. Which means dumb or smart, strong or weak. You're going to war.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero

We are talking about a draft. You don't have a choice if you get drafted or not. Which means dumb or smart, strong or weak. You're going to war.

No you do.

There is always a choice. You can thumb your noise up and tear the piece of paper up/burn it.

It might mean prison, but I would rather go to prison for my principle that go to war to expand some politicians portfolio.

If enough people do it then the whole concept collapses.

Its called civil disobedience.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

originally posted by: Passerby1996

But women need men to fertilize their eggs in the first place. Good lord, the logic of some people...

Sperm banks come to mind.

2nd.

Your comments are so 20th century.

news.bbc.co.uk - Eggs fertilised without sperm...
theweek.com - Coming soon: Making babies... without sperm?...
www.cbsnews.com - Scientists create artificial human eggs and sperm...
www.nature.com - A self-propelled biohybrid swimmer at low Reynolds number...
www.dailymail. co.uk - World first as SPERM is grown in a lab for the first time: Scientists claim breakthrough could give hope to infertile men...
www.pinknews.co.uk - Babies with two biological same-sex parents could become a reality in just two years...
www.thedailybeast.com - Men Will Someday Have Kids Without Women...

I think I have a primitive handle now on what's going on. We're learning to remake reality. Everytime we overcome a hurdle, we have to confront a prejudice or a old custom, as well engage the unknown.

If someone gives you a device and says "It remakes (or creates) reality." you clearly have to be careful which buttons you press. We're the ones who're making the device as well as receiving. And it's not always apparent we've received, meaning we sometimes randomly press buttons.

And this process is ongoing. It's always and forever.
edit on 12/4/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero

There's always a choice.
It might not be a very appealing choice, but it's still a choice.

Edit: ah, yes, what the ewok said

edit on 4-12-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
Equal Rights...........but UNequal Genetic Abilities and Strengths

In some abilities it appears you are correct.

time.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Indeed, I like to stick with natural selection when it comes to having kids. Even spinning off sperm to choose a sex seems like a bad idea. Do you want the winner out of a billion iterations or 500 million, for example. Nature has done a remarkable job and continues to do so. Meddling with that balance is scary, but should be perhaps another subject for another thread.

I am fine with people doing what they want to do with their own life. This thread is about the government forcing people's daughters to war. If your daughter wants to go to war she can now, legally. I don't want mine to be drafted against her will which likely could happen very soon.

edit on 4-12-2015 by BIGPoJo because: grammar

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yep. If you're going to protest a draft, there will be consequences. All of 'em unpleasant.

I respect that sort of courage. Though at the same time, I'm not a big fan of draft dodgers who flee to foreign shores to avoid it. Though, I suppose, that could be considered a consequence.

If you're going to protest something like a draft, be adult enough to stand up and take the consequences, too.

Easy for me to say, since I'm quite beyond ever being drafted should it, as unlikely as it is, ever come to pass.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
Equal Rights...........but UNequal Genetic Abilities and Strengths

In some abilities it appears you are correct.

time.com...

Yes women are better suited for flying aircraft. I remember seeing a docu about 15 years ago that discussed the difference with men and women in regards to spatial reasoning and how sense of gravity affected both differently. Quite interesting.

But here is the deal, this thread is about the government preparing to FORCE our daughters into battle. Its the next step in the slippery slope.

edit on 4-12-2015 by BIGPoJo because: splellign

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Women are meaner than men.

Odin help any enemy in front of an armed woman.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

"Since the ban has been lifted, logistics are now consuming leaders. The military now must decide how many of the battlefront positions will go to women. Military service chiefs are still able to recommend whether women should be excluded from any of those more demanding and deadly positions, such as Navy commandos or the Army’s Delta Force."

Read more at www.inquisitr.com...

It appears that top brass can still make those decisions, draft or no draft.

Glass ceiling smashed, but brass ceiling still in place.
edit on 4-12-2015 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join