It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW3 Draft will include women.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: crazyewok

Yep. If you're going to protest a draft, there will be consequences. All of 'em unpleasant.

I respect that sort of courage. Though at the same time, I'm not a big fan of draft dodgers who flee to foreign shores to avoid it. Though, I suppose, that could be considered a consequence.

If you're going to protest something like a draft, be adult enough to stand up and take the consequences, too.

Easy for me to say, since I'm quite beyond ever being drafted should it, as unlikely as it is, ever come to pass.

No I agree.

If I was to be drafted into a war I though illegal or amoral then I would stand my ground and take the prison. Running to another country is a coward’s way out and protests nothing. And the Ted nugent tactic was just pathetic.

Of course I would not say no to draft if there was a valid reason like my country or a close (and deserving ally like the USA or Canada) was attacked without provocation.

But these days unfortunately we tend to be the aggressor and I cant in good conscience fight in a war like that.

edit on 4-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This could be a statement of bluff/strength showing what the west could go to if push comes to shove
as much as any thing else.

edit on 5-12-2015 by joho99 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join