It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are no giants in the original bible

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

The Bed of Og debunks your claims.
jbq.jewishbible.org...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

Producing silly giant bones was not the premise of this thread. The premise of this thread was your silly bashing Christians with your stupid premise of proving the KJV bible wrong. That was the entire purpose of your ill thought rant.

On page seven I told you that I would produce your giant bones if you would first produce your proof of the KJV bible being translated wrong. You would not answer my request which was in direct demand to your added silly giant bones.

edit on Mon Dec 7 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

Why wait? Do it now. Once you do, I'll produce evidence showing that Unicorns are real.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: texastig

The Bed of Og debunks your claims.
jbq.jewishbible.org...

You posted a link which debunks your claim

He was deified and given the role of a protector of tombs,
and possibly functioned as the local deity of Rabbath Ammon. The huge eres (bed)
displayed there could be understood as a ceremonial bed, a cultic object indicating
his presence

My work here is done
lol

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Are you insane. You contradicted yourself within three paragraphs.... What a complete idiot

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

You are saying that Nephilim doesn't mean giant, but according to the book of Enoch they definitely were. So the tradition of the Nephilim being giants is not from the KJV. As a matter of fact the Dead Sea Scrolls include almost all of the old testament plus the book of Enoch AND the Enochic book of giants.

So you say the original Hebrew bible doesn't have giants but the oldest copy in existence proves you just haven't done your homework. Next time you might want to do a little more research.

Rephaim are descendants of the Nephilim.

Nephilim is interpreted by ancient Israelites as giants, not just Christians.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk
a reply to: Seede
a reply to: JackReyes

Ok. so what you are saying is, apart from all the irrelevant waffle, which has nothing to do with the premise of this thread at all
IS THAT NEITHER OF YOU CAN PRODUCE A SINGLE GIANT BONE
despite me asking you several times and you both ignoring the request

Get out of the thread until you can back up your assertions with evidence gentlemen, this isn't your soapbox

You are saying the Hebrew bible doesn't say giants which is incorrect and now that you have been proven wrong you want people to produce bones?

I thought this thread was about Nephilim and now its about archeology?

Who cares if the bible is fictional history? You are still wrong about the original Hebrew bible and THAT was your issue.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes
a reply to: Seede

No just because the accuracy of the later extent codexes and scrolls are verifiable does not mean that the rest of the Dead Sea Scrolls were part of God's inspired word. In order to be so they have to be consistent with the whole Biblical texts, harmonizing with the contents therein.

There were indeed many other works, but none of them claimed to be inspired, and some even contradict the Biblical narrative, such as the Book of Enoch, an apocryphal book, which rightly does not claim a place in the Bible cannon.

But I believe we're all getting widely off topic. I just came in to give the OP my understanding that there is sufficient proof of there being giants in the Bible, not whether all the Dead Sea Scrolls were divinely inspired (which obviously they weren't all inspired, even if they were preserved in tact in the caves near the Dead Sea for two thousand years or so.)

Even when Solomon was alive, almost a thousand years before Christ he mentioned that there was a dedication to making of many books. So even in his day books abounded. And his conclusion was, that a dedication to all of them is wearisome to the flesh:

(Ecclesiastes 12:12) 12 As for anything besides these, my son, be warned: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh.

So we should not be surprised to find other religious and secular works in history that are not divinely inspired.

ETA:

I read the post above mine and it appears that we are getting booted from the thread by the OP. I don't want to overstay my welcome so I'm outta here. Nice conversation.

You do know that Solomon is pure myth and never really existed, right?

As to what is inspired by God that is debatable. Personally I believe that the Nag Hammadi scriptures and the extra biblical Dead Sea Scrolls are inspired by God. I consider most Apocrypha to be inspired by God.

If you want to let other people decide for you what is inspired and what isn't then you have been indoctrinated into someone else's ideology. You have conformed.

On that I say the mythology of the bible is no more or less inspired than that of any other religion or excluded from canon scripture.

Jews in the ancient world considered Enoch a divine revelation and rather than contradict the bible it supplements it.

The Dead Sea Scrolls are inspired by God and give us a priceless glimpse into the state of Israelites from 200bc to 68 ad.

The Nag Hammadi scriptures are definitely inspired as that sect refused to believe that the true God could commit the atrocities of the god of Israel and appropriately deemed him inferior to the true God.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Why are you so worried about giants? You claim that the Hebrew bible originally doesn't have giants in it but a Nephilim is a giant. So you have to salvage your obvious error by changing the subject from the Hebrew Tanakh to archeology now claiming no giants have been found, which has nothing to do with the mythology of the Bible.

It isn't a book of history. They are stories. Some people believe them but most people realize that they are myths based on some history so giants or no giants you are missing the purpose of the bible.

God is unknowable. People make up stories about God to create religion to control people or to make them better, depending on the religion and the people in it.

But trying to antagonize people about their beliefs, no matter how silly they are, is juvenile. You are doing what they do to other religions. And you are not even correct. You don't know what a Nephilim is and you should have looked into it before you embarrassed yourself with your lack of knowledge.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Could it be that some genetic mutations at some point in the many thousands of years of human history created people like this:

i.imgur.com...

d.ibtimes.co.uk...

1.mshcdn.com...

Who were perhaps worshiped by the smallers, and who physically dominated so had more power, and more opportunity to... um... somehow... procreate?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The ignorant, in order to remain so, comment without reading or thinking about what has already been posted in this thread.

To wit, the word "giant" didn't mean particularly large at the time. The origin of the word shows this to be true.

Also, the KJV is not the original Bible, and the Nag Hammadi "library" paints God as the enemy. Unlikely He inspired that.

Harte

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
When the 'giants' or old 'men of renown' lower their camouflage and allow mankind to see them face to face, its going to be quite a laugh watching people running for their lives.

Especially when the Rephaim or 'Eternally Dead' show their true forms.

People just won't know what to do when they see 7ft tall wraiths and banshees drifting through their neighbourhood.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
When the 'giants' or old 'men of renown' lower their camouflage and allow mankind to see them face to face, its going to be quite a laugh watching people running for their lives.

Especially when the Rephaim or 'Eternally Dead' show their true forms.

People just won't know what to do when they see 7ft tall wraiths and banshees drifting through their neighbourhood.

Yeah.

You must have a great life, if you have time to worry about such folderol.

Harte

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
The ignorant, in order to remain so, comment without reading or thinking about what has already been posted in this thread.

To wit, the word "giant" didn't mean particularly large at the time. The origin of the word shows this to be true.

Also, the KJV is not the original Bible, and the Nag Hammadi "library" paints God as the enemy. Unlikely He inspired that.

Harte

The Nag Hammadi scriptures do not paint God in a negative image. The Hebrew bible does that.

God in the NHL is unknowable and called Innefable Aeon, Majesty and other things.

Your assumption that Jehovah is God is an assumption and the bible makes him look like a sociopath. Did God inspire that or humans?

Where the bible paints God as evil the NHL rejects that Jehovah is God. Is it wrong to believe that God is good and that Jesus is not Jehovah's son?

Not according to Jesus who calls the God of the Jews the father of lies and a murderer. They didn't worship Satan so I think you know nothing about religion and are indoctrinated into the belief that an evil god like Jehovah isn't evil.

I think you should read it. Atrocities abound at the hands of the god of Israel.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

You might want to consider your own ignorance if you are going to comment on things you obviously have only the opinions of ignorant people to go on.

God is not evil, the demiurge is evil. The demiurge comes from enlightened minds who will not accept that God would kill so many people and order so many atrocities.

Ignorance is lack of education. You have a lack of education on the NHL but speak like you do. Ignorance.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CapstonePendulum

Harte

The Nag Hammadi scriptures do not paint God in a negative image. The Hebrew bible does that.

God in the NHL is unknowable and called Innefable Aeon, Majesty and other things.

Your assumption that Jehovah is God is an assumption and the bible makes him look like a sociopath. Did God inspire that or humans?

Where the bible paints God as evil the NHL rejects that Jehovah is God. Is it wrong to believe that God is good and that Jesus is not Jehovah's son?

Not according to Jesus who calls the God of the Jews the father of lies and a murderer. They didn't worship Satan so I think you know nothing about religion and are indoctrinated into the belief that an evil god like Jehovah isn't evil.

I think you should read it. Atrocities abound at the hands of the god of Israel.

If you think anything, you should think I've already read it. There's been an online site for decades.

The Gnostic writings depict what most people consider to be God (the Creator) to be the enemy.

If you derive some sort of inner pleasure through contrarianism, then Gnosticism's for you.

Harte

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Please read the post next time.

Lets go over it again, slowly shall we.
As i mentioned, its going to be quite a laugh watching ignorant humans who are in a state of complete denial suddenly realising that they should have taken up the Cross of Jesus Christ and spoken His Gospel to others.

You obviously have never been in the company of the Rephaim have you ?

Or seen a Shaitan class jinn (shade) hooked to your physical left shoulder blade during an OOBE ?

Or stood in-front of a 30ft giant and had an argument whilst speaking Latin ?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Please read the post next time.

Lets go over it again, slowly shall we.
As i mentioned, its going to be quite a laugh watching ignorant humans who are in a state of complete denial suddenly realising that they should have taken up the Cross of Jesus Christ and spoken His Gospel to others.

You obviously have never been in the company of the Rephaim have you ?

Or seen a Shaitan class jinn (shade) hooked to your physical left shoulder blade during an OOBE ?

Or stood in-front of a 30ft giant and had an argument whilst speaking Latin ?

Of course not, and neither have you.

On top of that, there are much more important things to worry about, which was the point.

Harte

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CapstonePendulum

Harte

If you think anything, you should think I've already read it. There's been an online site for decades.

The Gnostic writings depict what most people consider to be God (the Creator) to be the enemy.

If you derive some sort of inner pleasure through contrarianism, then Gnosticism's for you.

Harte

Then you don't understand the point. Mythology that explains the origin of evil to an inferior deity is in every religion.

The demiurge of the NHL is not the creator of anything. He thinks he is the creator and the only god but he is not. He is a creation of Sophia who actually is responsible for the spirit of man. She breathed life into man depending on which story you are talking about.

Reading and comprehending are not the same thing. I have my doubts that you have read the whole corpus or you would know the the demiurge is not God and not the creator.

Back to the bible. If you have read the atrocities committed by Yahweh then you have no reason to think that the so called Gnostics taught or thought God is evil. Yahweh or the demiurge is not God or creator and Christ, Sophia and the Ineffable Aeon as well as the Holy Spirit are all good.

Of course you think that religion is meant to be taken literally. This was never the intended purpose of the texts.

Allegory my friend, allegory.

Not to mention the old testament teaches that what most people consider to be God as evil too. Hell Yahweh has no problem telling the prophets that both good and evil are his doing.

So what is your problem with people who don't believe that this Yahweh fella is God?

Christianity did the same thing instead blaming Satan who is mentioned twice as much in the new testament as in the old, which is much longer. No explanation is offered as to why Satan went from subservience to Yahweh to enemy of God. The whole Lucifer myth is biblical misrepresentation so that is not an answer.

The fact is Yahweh IS evil. Satan works FOR Yahweh. He has only the power given him and no more.
edit on 1-5-2016 by CapstonePendulum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Of course not, and neither have you.

Sounds like the 2 ignorant 17th century British elitists, where one once said "If man was destined to fly, then he would be born with wings".

i am sure they both turn in their graves as commercial jet airliners fly over their graveyards everyday.

If you cannot see, confront and communicate face to face with daemons, then that does not mean that other mortals cannot do what you are not capable of.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

If you cannot see, confront and communicate face to face with daemons, then that does not mean that other mortals cannot do what you are not capable of.

Daemons don't exist, so its much more likely that you are simply delusional...
Are you currently medicated ?

edit on 10-5-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join