It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming HOAX Unravels

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Human population has doubled in 40 years. That's not good.

Edited because I typed 50 years when I meant 40.
edit on 3-12-2015 by plaindoughnut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: plaindoughnut
a reply to: rockintitz

Human population has doubled in 40 years. That's not good.

Edited because I typed 50 years when I meant 40.

Which is why it is imperative for humans to terraform mars asap, Imagine the next 40 years with people still having 3-4 kids on average these days.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I'm just curious... Does anyone ever look outside their windows and think to themselves... Woah... Am I breathing thàt? Surely that can't be healthy for me, my pets or plants...?

Let's say that global warming is complete and utter BS... Should we just shrug and say "Hey, the earth isn't heating up, so all is good! No problem."?

Ask someone living in Beijing if they can remember what the sun looks like... But it's fine. Let's do nothing.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Beijing is THE extreme you can use. If the whole world did that it would be an issue, I wouldn't argue that.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Natural News tells you this?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I'll take warming over cooling anyday. Yeah, equatorial regions may become desert. There is a lot of land to the north and south that are currently frozen wasteland. These areas will become rich farm land. We may just need to move to where the grass is greener at some point. Would you prefer rising coastlines to mile thick glaciers? Weather on this planet has always been in a state of flux. There was more life thriving in warm periods than there was in ice ages.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Wishful thinking. But just what do you think we'll do there that's any better??? We can't even manage our home planet that was totally functional. I doubt we'd do any better on a remote world that needs fixing before we can live there.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
lol, remember when planet Earth first started out, and it was practically a huge rock of molten lava? Yeah, DON'T worry, it's gone through WORSE over the past 4 billion years. Hence, here we are today. Thriving as ever. Planet Earth doesn't flinch at cold or heat; it thrives on it. Simmer down, EVERYONE.
edit on 3-12-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Hoax would mean that hundreds of thousands of scientists around the world are all together trying to fool us... that's impossible. And Mike Adams is a charlatan, as shown by another member.

Whether it is natural or man made global warming is happening:

From Noaa

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Wishful thinking. But just what do you think we'll do there that's any better??? We can't even manage our home planet that was totally functional. I doubt we'd do any better on a remote world that needs fixing before we can live there.

That is the typical cop-out answer.

What do I think we will do better? Ask the dinosaurs if they think a Mars colony is a good idea.

We now know water in a sense flows on Mars, it sure is seeming like Mars wouldn't be quite the task it seems it would be. Also, have you ever seen an un-edited pic from Mars? The sky isn't red, it's blue.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

Humans have cut down 80% of the worlds forest transforming it in to farming and agriculture , the "lungs" that should take care of the co2 in the atmosphere supplying oxygen to us.

Earth is struggling to breath, and as the cut down continue, someday we will be struggling too.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Pollution is a huge issue.... Think about it if that is the visible pollution imagine how much there is we cannot see..........

As far as climate change goes we simply do not have enough raw data to accurately predict what will happen..... As has been mentioned if there wasa serious problem surely we would be moving to make changes but hey no one is..... Instead of moving to sustainable practices we get a tax.... Like wtf man....

S&F OP

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Beijing is THE extreme you can use. If the whole world did that it would be an issue, I wouldn't argue that.

Exactly. Where do you think things are heading if we shrug and do nothing?

And a side note - those pictures are LA, Beijing and London...

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I think you're missing the point so let me clarify. Until we learn to exist in some balance with nature and life itself we shouldn't pollute the rest of our galaxy with us. We are currently a cancer, a disease that is better quarantined here until there is a cure for our destructive habits.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I get you, but also remember there are a lot of us out there that ARE perfectly in balance, but anywhere we may go there is a government telling us we can't.

Since Earth is full, send us to Mars! We're just bottom-feeding hippies anyway right!

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Buzz wants to go too Mars also , but he is unconvinced humans are causing climate change ...

Buzz Aldrin says ‘I am sceptical humans are causing global warming’

The second man on the moon has revealed his thoughts on climate change, He says he is ‘sceptical about the claims that human produced carbon dioxide is the direct contributor to global warming.’ ‘In the news today I hear about the large solar flares, which is an indication of the power of the sun to influence Earth and our climate,

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
My best mate has been to take ice samples at the north pole he and his other half told me they have decided not to have kids because of what is coming.
It is simple science more co2 more heat we are putting tons of stuff in the atmosphere and we have helped the process of global warming.
All this thread proves is we are not worth saving when the ignorant bleat loudest.

Don't know if this has ever occurred to you along the line, if not please either grab one of those "old-fashioned" books they call the Dictionary or your digital device of choice and look up the word Ignorant. The smartest man/woman on this planet will always have more things they are ignorant of than they would likely be willing to admit.

I, for one, have had a gut-full of the, "If you were as smart as me you would understand" B*llsh*t!!!

My boss when I worked in IT supposedly had a 170+ I.Q. but I had to bring a cooler for my lunch because he decided to "defrost" the freezer in our lunch area with a hammer and a standard screwdriver...

"They" don't really CARE about the environment. If they did they wouldn't be concentrating on a naturally occurring gas and ignoring Fukushima! Don't start telling me what you think I don't know, either. You don't need to be a nuclear (Please, people, Stop pronouncing it with TWO "u"s) physicist to know that some of the elements being released by Fukushima have a short enough half-life that finding appreciable amounts of them in the environment is evidence of activity that is most certainly NOT in control.

I've been around long enough not to be impressed with someone who trots out acronyms or technical terms they know the average person won't be familiar with when trying to make their point. My wife got mad at me earlier this year because of an incident at a wedding reception we were invited to. Someone that knew I used to do computer repair had asked me about her (well-used but not yet obsolete) computer. As I was explaining virtual memory and the impact it can have on an older system with a small amount of available memory and an aging hard drive, a cocky little "College Joe" leaned in between us and said, "He's talking about a 'pagefile'." To which, while placing one hand firmly on the shoulder of the arm that was holding his beer, I asked, "I'm curious... What do you think you just accomplished by interrupting our conversation other than using a word that means absolutely nothing to this nice lady? You may have shown that you know a word she doesn't but you've also shown that you are both rude and still immature."

Mitsuhei Murata is the former Japanese Ambassador to Switzerland. On Nov 1, 2015, he wrote the following (you can click on his name for the full article):

The lack of the sense of crisis over Fukushima is in stark contrast to the gravity of the crisis. Fukushima is now undeniably a global security issue. The unstoppable contamination of the Pacific Ocean and the atmosphere with ionizing radiation from the destroyed Fukushima nuclear reactors is seriously menacing the West Coast of the United States. Japan should make utmost efforts to cope with the Fukushima crisis by retreating from the Tokyo Olympic Games that disseminate the false impression that Fukushima is under control.

Japan is laboring under the consequences of the Accident never before experienced by humanity, including the simultaneous destruction and meltdown of three commercial nuclear reactors. Four and half years after the 3.11 disaster, it has been shown that a severe nuclear accident cannot be brought under control by a single state… It is questioned if Japan is in possession of the governability and the capacity needed to cope with the impending crisis. The melted cores of the reactors from Units 1, 2 and 3 remain inaccessible… If the molten nuclear fuel rods are exposed through cracks to the atmosphere due to a mega earthquake or the liquidization of soils on the site that could cause the collapse and breach of Fukushima’s spent fuel pools, Japan’s landmass would become uninhabitable to a large extent… The whole of Japan is threatened by the worsening situation emanating from the molten fuel rods, which continue to widely disseminate large amounts of dangerous radionuclides into the sea and atmosphere. Limitless steam observed evokes the possibility of re-criticality at the site. The undeniable necessity for international verification of the suspected re-criticality at the site should bring about the indispensable international cooperation to cope effectively with the Accident. The ongoing radioactive contamination of the sea with no prospect for a solution is dishonoring Japan, causing it to be criticized for harming the global environment. In spite of all this, attempts are shamefully being made to hide Fukushima…

World is menaced by the spreading contamination… The consequences of the radioactive contamination of the Pacific Ocean from Japan to the West Coast of the United States are drawing increased attention. Some experts now estimate that the wave of radiation from Fukushima will be 10-times bigger than all of the radiation from the entire world’s nuclear tests throughout history combined…

The advancement of the Tokyo Olympic Games comes at the expense of the funds needed to address the host of environmental disasters created by the destroyed Fukushima nuclear reactors… The future of the Olympic Games is at stake. It is as a believer in the spirit of the Olympic Games and the Olympic Movement that I am pleading for an honorable retreat, and this, in order for Japan to devote maximum efforts to controlling the Fukushima crisis.
----------------------------------------
Back to CornShucker:

One of the reasons JFK wanted the test ban treaty was because government studies knew in the 1960's that strontium-90 was already showing up in the bodies of American children because of fallout.

It won't make any difference WHAT the temperature is if there is nobody around to know!
edit on 12 3 2015 by CornShucker because: spelling and an edit for clarity

edit on 12 3 2015 by CornShucker because: spelling

edit on 12 3 2015 by CornShucker because: added dropped word

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

The funny thing is Beijing is the extreme, but that used to be L.A., when I was a kid, L.A.'s smog was as bad as Beijings, they used to warn old people not to go outside. The great lakes were like the Chinese waterways, and don't go fishing or swimming in them, because it was banned.

What did we do in the West to fix our polluting problem? We shipped it offshore to China. Unfortunately we are on the same planet. The planet never changed, even if the hemisphere for dumping pollution did.

The Oil companies did their own research into global warming long before anyone else did. They were very close to the tobacco companies in this respect, they saw the writing on the wall and buried it.

We only recently admitted smoking causes cancer. And it appears it will take awhile still before Oil funds will relent and people will finally admit that dumping 37 Billion Metric Tonnes of Co2 every year into the environment, is bad.

Keep in mind, the Oil & Gas industry is responsible for around ~33 billion Tonnes of that.

Who do you think is lying? If you really need to see how this story ends, go find someone with lung cancer, who's doctor recommended they should smoke in the 50's or 60's, if they aren't already dead.
edit on 3-12-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join