It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breast Feeding Mom

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

Her whole confrontational position is sort of passive aggressive don't you think?

She may not have started out intending to cause trouble, but now that trouble is there or at least disapproval, look at her! She's the poor, poor victim ... And she's making sure everyone knows about it.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Sounds like you speak from experience...

What can I say? I get easily distracted. Squirrels, boobs and shiny trinkets do me in.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MadRob
I am a male, it doesn't bother or do i find it sexual. It's a natural thing to do and it should be kept a natural thing to do.

We can say that about a lot of things. I can let my nuts air our and say it for medical reasons, still doesn't take away from some people might not like it and so there is a good chance it is something I would not do, but I'm like you, so I wonder if we did stare or my 15 and 12 year old boys would that would be wrong too. How dare you look at her breast, maybe we need to have a small towel so we can't offend her with our looks. I having a feeling if you were watching her breast feed she would have the same reaction of a stare down.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think you have that backwards... mothers are being victimized for feeding their babies.

link   
We live in a society where such body parts are not normally on public display.

Personally I would not have a problem with a mother feeding her child. What I would have a problem with is when its being done to offend people, and its quite clear thats what this lady is doing. I'd be tempted to whip out my tackle in her face and ask if she's got a problem with it.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Oh my... people are offended by breastfeeding mothers. Talk about PC!!!

I wonder what Trump would say?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
You can breastfeed in public, but that doesn't mean you can just pop your boob out in a restaurant while everyone is eating dinner. It would have taken the smallest of efforts to put part of the blanket she's got that baby wrapped up in to cover herself.

Have you ever tasted breast mile, nasty stuff, so if I was trying to eat it might just gag me to see it at that level. Not something I would like during a meal...lol

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
She may not have started out intending to cause trouble, but now that trouble is there or at least disapproval, look at her! She's the poor, poor victim ... And she's making sure everyone knows about it.

Wait! Why is it understandable that someone disapproves of her action, but when she disapproves of their reaction, she's a victim? She's not being a victim. She said why she posted it and it's not to victimize herself...

“With that being said, the reason I post these types pictures is for the mother that tried breastfeeding uncovered once and she got shamed, she got stared and pointed at, she got nasty comments, she got asked to leave the room, she got asked to cover up (sic).”
provide support for other mums who’ve faced the same judgement

edit on 12/1/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It's for babies... not to be mixed with bourbon.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

If I put anything over my children's head while they tried to nurse, the red faced screaming would start. I always made sure there was nothing showing. Most people just thought the were asleep, not nursing. Although I believe a mom has every right to feed her child wherever she is at, I do think the picture showed way more than necessary. Even a burp towel over her shoulder covering the top of her breast would have helped. Breastfeed when and where you want, but it never has to draw attention.

link   

originally posted by: masqua
It's for babies... not to be mixed with bourbon.

What about a White Russian?

link   

originally posted by: raedar
Why can't the woman just feed her baby and accept that there will be people offended?

She even had someone photograph her staring at the offended person.

We are not and we never will be all the same.

Thank God!

That is kind of my point in not so much of the action of breast feeding but the whole situation screams setup to me.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

The sooner western 1rst world countries get over seeing breasts as sexual objects, the better. Grow up already.

Breasts are specifically designed to feed babies, nothing else.

That is the sickest comment I have ever read on ATS, I reporting this to the Mods!!!

On a side note we are western world and we have social norms, sorry...
edit on 1-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Oops! DP
edit on 12/1/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: VoidHawk

Oh my... people are offended by breastfeeding mothers. Talk about PC!!!

Oh, it's just the breastfeeding SJWs... Expect to see Congress writing bills to make public breastfeeding illegal - unless your breast is modestly dressed, that is.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ah, okay. Makes more sense now.

I breast feed both of my kids until 18 months. (And no, they weren't exclusively breast fed until that age, by then it was only before bed). I never once had a problem with anyone or anyplace. I tried to be discrete, sometimes more successfully than others, depending on the temperament of the kid at the time. But I had friends who had issues. I honestly think it's a crap shoot that depends on where you live, where you are (the sensibilities of the area you are in) and the people you encounter.

Women have been nursing babies for all of history but only now it's this HUGE thing. It's kind of hilarious. I mean, we consider ourselves so much more civilized and evolved than our ancestors.

I'll tell you this though, I think that if people understood how hard it can be to nurse successfully, they would give these women the space they need to do their thing. Astoundingly, I think some of the most vocal critics are other women who either never nursed or weren't successful at it.

And, as conspiracy theorists, I think we need to ask ourselves why is there such orchestrated, societal push-back against something so natural and beneficial to both the Mom and the baby? Who benefits from that? WHY are we even discussing this?

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Agreed, some people...even mom's are assholes. It didn't need to be that "in your face" type of display.

link   
That is one very large and beautifully shaped....

Baby.
edit on 1-12-2015 by whyamIhere because: Rechecked picture on larger monitor

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
It didn't need to be that "in your face" type of display.

It kinda has to be in the kid's face for him to eat properly.

Oh, wait, you meant the tsk tsking person. She will get over it.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I want to see a congresswoman breastfeeding while listening to the Speaker of the House going on about a bill against breastfeeding.

That would be great.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join