It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breast Feeding Mom

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The effort to free mothers breastfeeding is going global: edition.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
People in the U.S. should get over their Puritanical judgmentalism.

Nothing wrong with it at all. I don't blame her for getting irate and applaud her for standing up for nursing mothers everywhere.

ETA: Apologies to Puritans. Even they probably weren't as hung up on this as some people in the U.S. are.
edit on 12/1/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
Some babies will not eat with a towel over their head. Mine wouldn't. Would you?

That's what pumps and bottles are for.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Some people probably wouldn't care, but some would. This is an example of being entitled to do whatever you want even though it may offend people. If you can't respect the feelings of others, don't be surprised if some people get offended. To show some level of consideration, use a towel or find a secluded area to feed your baby. Like the other poster said, that's what breast pumps are for!

edit on 1-12-2015 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No... I'd say pumps are for keeping Puritans from freaking out in restaurants, shops and public transportation.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
The sooner western 1rst world countries get over seeing breasts as sexual objects, the better. Grow up already.

Breasts are specifically designed to feed babies, nothing else.

Again, we can have it one way or the other.

Our culture is hyper-sexualized and we are taught that sex is normal, natural and taught about it from a an extremely young age. To try to tell people that maybe we should inject some sense and modesty into culture to try to tame those impulses meets with jeers.

Then when something like this comes up where it would actually benefit society to have a modicum of sense and modesty so that not everything is about sex 100% of the time, we suddenly want to throw buckets of cold water on everyone and expect them to suddenly be able to not see sex objects that they've been trained by everything else to see.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

No... I'd say pumps are for keeping Puritans from freaking out in restaurants, shops and public transportation.

If your child won't feed with a cover, then you feed with a bottle. Anyone who's breastfeeding likely has the ability to pump. What are you doing at work? It's not like you can pack your kid along with you.

And since we see boobs as, well, boobs, this is the result. Most moms likely have some breast milk ready to go.

Otherwise you are going to have to accept that some people are going to look at you funny because we have the culture we do.
edit on 1-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Sure... it's going to take time. Maybe if children grew up seeing mom feeding her baby the natural way it might be seen in a different light. That's how I grew up in Holland. Baby's hungry? There's a fix for that without plastic pumps and bottles.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
For example, it is totally legal in New York City.

A cute story of a woman testing out the law... I legally exposed my breasts in public

Sunbathing topless was one thing, but walking through the masses with my nips out was a new kind of topless entirely: moving topless. The closer we got to the edge of the field, the more agitated I became. I was attracting significantly more attention now that I was in motion.
Topless hot-dog consumption felt only slightly less pervy than massaging sunscreen into my breasts.
Conclusion:

Being carefree and topless was incredibly stressful. Perhaps with every right comes responsibility, but between sunburns and smack-talk, I found toplessness exhausting.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm torn here.

I breastfeed in public and covered up WELL out of respect. I see her more trying to get the attention, and I feel horrible as a women admitting that, but I do...

edit on 1-12-2015 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2015 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2015 by knoxie because: never mind

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The guy took a freaking picture? He's lucky she just told him off. What an ass.

eta...got it.
edit on 12/1/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter

Eh, seems like an attention seeker, online and in person. You can breastfeed in public, but that doesn't mean you can just pop your boob out in a restaurant while everyone is eating dinner. It would have taken the smallest of efforts to put part of the blanket she's got that baby wrapped up in to cover herself.

I get it, it's a natural process that is nothing to be ashamed of, but that doesn't mean everyone around you wants to watch it. Taking a crap is perfectly natural too but I doubt i'd get a lot of people cheering me on for dropping my pants and taking a steamer in the middle of the restaurant floor.

Taking a crap is perfectly natural too but I doubt i'd get a lot of people cheering me on for dropping my pants and taking a steamer in the middle of the restaurant floor.[
Lol. ..tthat's what I was thinking!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
The guy took a freaking picture? He's lucky she just told him off. What an ass.

I have a feeling that was her husband or companion, it looks like they are at the same table.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Obviously, she's free to do it. Whatever, that's her choice. But at the same time, she also needs to understand the reality of the world around her. People are going to look and they're going to disapprove. She either needs to live with that or cover up or other wise adapt. Making herself the victim may be trendy, but I'm getting really tired of this response from people.

You are never going to get everyone approve of everything you do.

edit on 1-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I never used a pump or a bottle. However, if I was going out in public, I would wear a tank top under a button up shirt. No part of me showed. I have no issue with anyone else doing it, but I just wasn't comfortable showing skin. She's feeding her child, I'm pretty certain....no one breastfeeds for the purpose of pissing anyone else off. Breasts are normal, not obscene.

Pumps and bottles are for when the mom and baby are separated.
edit on KAmerica/Chicago12310000002015-12-01T18:07:23-06:00k15Decpm by Kentuckymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
Some babies will not eat with a towel over their head. Mine wouldn't. Would you?

Not something I really thought about whether I could eat or not eat with a towel, also not something she even suggested as to why she didn't cover up even a little, hell get a table with little view. I don't know but I kind of feel there is an agenda here.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Next time you and the hubby are in NYC (besides looking me up) head over to Times Square, there are plenty of topless women there posing with tourists for a few dollars. You kind of get used to this after awhile and it really is not a big deal.

Just do not try to motor boat them, not really their thing. Trust me.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: knoxie

Obviously, she's free to do it. Whatever, that's her choice. But at the same time, she also needs to understand the reality of the world around her. People are going to look and they're going to disapprove.

All very true. But she can also disapprove of their disapproval. That's all she did. They disapprove, she disapproved.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Just do not try to motor boat them, not really their thing. Trust me.

Sounds like you speak from experience...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Generally speaking, when a mother is breastfeeding, an onlooker will see no more than what is readily available for view on any nice beach.

So why should it freak people out?

Janet Jackson's nipplegate redux?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join