It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breast Feeding Mom

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Tell the story!!!! Tell us how you know what breast milk tastes like!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama

If I put anything over my children's head while they tried to nurse, the red faced screaming would start. I always made sure there was nothing showing. Most people just thought the were asleep, not nursing. Although I believe a mom has every right to feed her child wherever she is at, I do think the picture showed way more than necessary. Even a burp towel over her shoulder covering the top of her breast would have helped. Breastfeed when and where you want, but it never has to draw attention.

So pulling your whole breast out for show in a restaurant and having a stare down with the room as a friend records it all is not normal breastfeeding?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

She's feeding her kid. Why is this such an issue with some people?

There is no way my daughter would eat with something covering her head. My son usually didn't care, unless it was hot; then he wouldn't either.

It's.

Just.

A.

Boob.

Good grief.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Oh, it's just the breastfeeding SJWs... Expect to see Congress writing bills to make public breastfeeding illegal - unless your breast is modestly dressed, that is.

Its not the breastfeeding but the whole situation from pulling it out in the middle of a restaurant, to having a stare down with anyone in the room, to her friend recording it all for future posting.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
The sooner western 1rst world countries get over seeing breasts as sexual objects, the better. Grow up already.

Breasts are specifically designed to feed babies, nothing else.

Penises and vaginas are specifically designed for procreation. Does that mean we should all abstain from sexual intercourse except for the purpose of making babies?

I do think the west is too hung up on sex in general, and don't ever believe breast feeding should be criminal (though the women who still nurse their kids that are past toddler age are downright weird.) I also think breasts are beautiful and by God they are absolutely objects of sexual desire. Call it humanity's most prevalent fetish, but from my opinion, they are the gift that keeps on giving.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

It's not for show, like you think.

It's for feeding a baby.

That's the problem right there. If people weren't so freaked out at seeing a naked breast, it would be a non-event.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

And, as conspiracy theorists, I think we need to ask ourselves why is there such orchestrated, societal push-back against something so natural and beneficial to both the Mom and the baby? Who benefits from that? WHY are we even discussing this?

I guess my point is do people feel this was a setup to get a reacting for that big Facebook posting? The way she did it, and was aggressive for any one to look her way to finally say some old woman looked at her and shook her head to have a friend record it all seems fishy to me than just a mother trying to feed her baby.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I have to disagree with you on that one.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The sooner western 1rst world countries get over seeing breasts as sexual objects, the better. Grow up already.

Penises and vaginas are specifically designed for procreation. Does that mean we should all abstain from sexual intercourse except for the purpose of making babies?

What do breasts have to do with procreation? Straw man argument... our sexual bits are what they are. Breasts have been made into sexual objects.

I do think the west is too hung up on sex in general, and don't ever believe breast feeding should be criminal (though the women who still nurse their kids that are past toddler age are downright weird.) I also think breasts are beautiful and by God they are absolutely objects of sexual desire. Call it humanity's most prevalent fetish, but from my opinion, they are the gift that keeps on giving.

Well... there you go.

When living off the grid, I imagine breastfeeding will make quite a comeback, right?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Every man with kids knows what breast milk taste like, but only once...YUCK!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
No problems here, it needs to be normalised again.

From personal experience, let me tell you how isolating it can be as a new mum feeling like you can't go out anywhere in case your baby gets hungry, panicking about finding somewhere private when she suddenly decides she wants to eat at random and short intervals, worrying what other people might think, if you are 'covered' enough, if baby will pull off the cover etc......

Fortunately with my 2nd I had a complete turn around and relaxed about the whole thing, not worrying what anyone else thought, and life was so much easier and more enjoyable for all of us.

originally posted by: ketsuko

Some babies will not eat with a towel over their head. Mine wouldn't. Would you?

That's what pumps and bottles are for.

It's really easy to say that but for many pumping is extremely difficult, or even impossible. Some women can't express any milk, for me it took 4 sessions of 30 min to get enough for 1 bottle (I'm sure you cansee how that is not sustainable if you want to go out once a day for any lengthof time). Not all breasfed babies will take a bottle. And most importantly, they shouldn't have to.

It's unfair to put pressure on, or try to shame breastfeeding women who are just trying to get on with their lives and feed their baby the best way they know how.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I can tell you that I will never get over seeing breasts as a sexual object. Don't get me wrong...I support the breastfeeding, but I won't pretend it isn't sexual for me when I see breasts.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Who the hell played the victim card?

There are no victims here. She's not saying she's a victim. She's just annoyed with the judgeys and called them on it.

link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Every man with kids knows what breast milk taste like, but only once...YUCK!

Actually, the formula tastes worse. I can't believe babies drink that stuff.

link   

Really? I found it surprisingly OK with a sweet taste (though depends what you have been eating). They make breastmilk ice cream y'know?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Gee... I must be very different. I fathered two sons, but never shared in their feeding.

But thanks for sharing your experiences.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I suppose Bob Guccioni is responsible for that.

link   

Sure wasn't for me! I have 3 children and I nursed them all exclusively for 2 years each. As such, there were times it was necessary to nurse in public. There was only one time anything was ever said to me. It was a man that looked at me with a rude look and asked if I was actually doing "that" in public. My husband's very generous size when he stood up was more than enough to make the man apologize and look away.

I agreed, it didn't need to be done in a confrontational way. Out in public, I was always discreet. At home, whole other story. Why bother putting on a shirt at all for the first 3 months. Between the spitting up and leaking.....it's pointless.

link   

It's for feeding a baby.

That's the problem right there. If people weren't so freaked out at seeing a naked breast, it would be a non-event.

Well the fact it was an older lady that gave her a look is kind of is funny too in why would she care what an older woman might think about it. As I said I'm seeing this as more of a setup to get any kind of reactions for a good Facebook post, which she did get.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Gee... I must be very different. I fathered two sons, but never shared in their feeding.

But thanks for sharing your experiences.

Really never, not once? You are smarter than me, but I do learn quickly. So back to the restaurant, some girl spirting brest milk near me as I'm trying to eat....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join