It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdoğan: I will resign if any oil purchase from Daesh is proven

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Obi88

With the greatest respect. You talk about truth and then link to RT.com. RT.com is a Russian state run media organisation that is about as reliable as Titanic.

Yes, it must be true because I read it on RT.com!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Obi88

Beware ... Apparently some people have problems with RT.com .
Here is an interesting dig from 2014 coming from the much more MSM Bloomberg :

Islamic State Smuggles Oil Into Turkey—With Hostages as Insurance

Turks pay about 5 liras ($2.30) per liter at the pump, a higher price than in most European countries and more than double the average in the U.S.—the equivalent of almost $9 a gallon. That makes cheap oil and gasoline smuggled across the border from Syria and Iraq attractive. The fuel makes its way into Turkey by truck, hauled inside canisters, or is pumped through plastic pipelines. Middlemen purchase the fuel for 1 lira to 1.5 liras per liter, says Mehmet Ali Ediboglu, a Turkish legislator. By the time it arrives in the city of Gaziantep, a booming export hub in southeastern Turkey, it sells on the black market for about 3 liras, locals say.

The trouble is, much of that gas comes from Islamic State, the murderous proto-government that rules a swath of territory straddling Syria and Iraq. The Sunni militants control about 60 percent of Syria’s crude oil production assets and several oil wells in Iraq, says Luay al-Khatteeb, a visiting fellow at the Brookings Doha Center. While some of the fuel is sold or distributed in Syria and Iraq, the rest is smuggled to southern Turkey. “It’s the only export market that Islamic State has,” he says.

Smuggling has always played a role in the border economy, but it’s grown out of control since the start of Syria’s civil war in 2011. The amount of fuel seized at the border by authorities has tripled since then, say two government sources speaking on condition of anonymity because they aren’t authorized to speak to the press. Over the past few months, Turkey’s armed forces have started taking a tougher line, stopping trucks at the border and destroying pipelines, often little more than hoses. “We try to make sure that those smugglers know that if they smuggle now, it will be related to terrorism,” says one of the officials.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
www.rt.com... I could go all day on proof. But then you complain on it being russia today. All of the reporters that work there refuse to work for mainstream media and want to spread the truth. But still you sheep don't listen...you'll constantly link CNN,BBC,FOX ECT ECT. And I ignore it and scroll down..Wake up you fools

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

There are plenty of reports that oil finds its way into Turkey, and other countries, through smuggling and criminality. The assertion from Putin is that the Turkish government are supporting this though policy and complicity, and this is how money flows from the Turkish state into ISIS.

There is no evidence of Turkish government connivance.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
because rt goes against the system. thats how I can tell the sheep, they always bag rt,Putin,Syria,Assad,Muslims,refugees ect ect and when the truth comes along and smack em in da face they think it's some Russian propaganda lol.. I mean some of the interviews are with x U.S. generals and defence personal. Haha every one needs to wake up haha
. Good to see some normal thinking humans are still alive.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

You can share you thoughts in this thread :

Meet The Man Who Funds ISIS: Bilal Erdogan, The Son Of Turkey’s President

Turkish journalists from newspaper Cumhuriyet are currently under arrest for report about a weapon convoy to Syria :
Hurriyetdailynews

Earlier in 2014 they also ran into trouble for questioning Erdogan's son shipping company activities in Syria :
Cumhuriyet (article in Turkish)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
"Source bashing" is something that is less and less likely to pay off. More like the opposite, I think journalist and so called expert analysts will have to deal with an increasing amount of embarrassment when their statements are considered retrospectively.

edit on 1-12-2015 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: Double post - said something else instead.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

The Erdogan son story originates from Sputnik News, which is a “news” agency owned and operated by the Russian Government.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

And ?
It's better to comment a thread in the said thread ... just for clarity.
I didn't knew Cumhuriyet was controlled by the Kremlin.

edit on 1-12-2015 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: filled out

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Here is a small follow up. According to a Greek article found here

Its not an announcement. The most important thing is that we have this information and we are going to use it for our goal, not to prove anything but to fight against terrorism, "Peskof stressed in statements made by the representatives of the press.

Regards

Seed

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Let's see ... ISIS is or was running oil to somewhere and ISIS is or was getting arms and ammunition from somewhere .I don't think Saudi's buy oil but might sell arms .Israel might be a tricky place for large amounts of both without someone noticing . Iraq and Syria have or had their own markets but have lost the ability to sell because of ISIS ....Turkey or Iran are the only ones . Iran is less likely of the two so Turkey has my bet .

When Putin said he had prof , I would imagine he could and did share it with the ones that wanted to see it ...We may in time get it in the public domain but for now Putin is giving our leaders the chance to respond . Maybe that is why France chose to respond and join Russia in the fight against ISIS ...Action speaks louder then words .

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Let's see ... dp :>(
edit on 1-12-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Obi88
All of the reporters that work there refuse to work for mainstream media and want to spread the truth

do you believe in fairytales aswell ?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
He simply meant he will re-sign with ISIS

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

to date, its been the most reliable and believable news outlet? wouldn't you say?

all the rest just tow the typical Murdoch Media line.. but rt actually asks questions.

I applaud RT and Aljazeerah.. no doubt they are biased, but they are a hell of a lot more honest than any western media outlet.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Suuuuure he will.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I hope Russia drops a bombshell on the west..

Release not only proof of Turkeys involvement with ISIS (far beyond this charade of oil importing).. but also proof that the US is instructing Turkey, providing intelligence and contacts.

I hope they drop multiple revelations on the world.. recorded conversations between officials, money trails through corporate america and the banking sector that lead right into the darkest, bloodiest corners of Iraq and Syria.. Evidence how the government has been openly lying to the UN, allies and other world groups.

Put it all out there and let the US try and deny it.

Maybe its time the world watched the US have its own American Spring.

edit on am627318012015-12-01T06:27:35-06:00062015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
You want proof of the connection between Erdogan (Turkey) and ISIS? The web page put together a comprehensive list:

The Warm Relationship Between Turkey and ISIS (Confirmed Facts)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
www.rt.com... U guys won't even read it

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
As Russia watched its plane tumble to the ground, it is the world which awoke to the reality behind Turkey’s fallacious political stance against radicalism. There it was … Ankara’s real agenda, Erdogan’s dirty dealings with ISIL in the name of financial advancement.

In a report written for the New Eastern Outlook, Petr Lvov, a PhD in political science stated that Erdogan close circles of relations generated a “staggering 5 billion dollars a year” from their dealings with ISIL black oil, of which “2 billion going back to ISIL command structures for them to pay “salaries” to militants and purchase arms.”

But Turkey’s crimes are not just Turkey’s crimes, not when Turkey stands a member of the NATO, the very military alliance which has proclaimed itself the ultimate terror crusader, the rising tide against the cancer of ISIL.

Whether or not Western powers condone President Erdogan’s crimes, whether or not Western powers knew of his criminal friendships are beside the point now - politically the NATO has been damaged, its name, its values, its reputation, its political currency are all but spent.

And so something had to be done - optics had to be handled, and a new narrative had to be built so that political face could be salvaged, and pretenses protected under a new layer of moral veneer. Only certain truths are too powerful to remain hidden, only this time the implications of those truths which were unveiled, might lead to more than just a clever game of public deception.

Erdogan today stands alone in the crisis he manufactured. For all his Western friendships, and all his geopolitical clout, the despot mastered but a few whispers of support from those he calls allies. Reneged on and abandoned Turkey has had to rely on other alliances and other tricks to doctor its political legitimacy back to life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join