It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdoğan: I will resign if any oil purchase from Daesh is proven

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Obi88

And yet back in the real world, it's all going quiet and calming down. Turkey has not been nuked, NATO has not fragmented and it's snowing in Moscow.

The state controlled Russian media is tempering its language to a more conciliatory state as far as I can see. Even some of the Russian sanctions, so loudly proclaimed, are to be deferred.

The conspiracy here is that Russia engineered this engagement to divert attention from all the sanctions targeted at them, Crimea, and a failing economy, but that's another thread.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Turkey’s new government includes Erdogan son-in-law

Erdogan approved a Cabinet list presented by Davutoglu on Tuesday, hours after Turkey shot down a Russian plane it said violated its airspace and ignored repeated warnings.

The programme highlights the difficulty Davutoglu and his newly appointed economy czar Mehmet Simsek will face in balancing the influence of Erdogan, still Turkey’s most popular politician, and investor hopes for fiscal discipline and meaningful reform.

The cabinet appointments coincided with a major European Union fund’s being officially set up to channel aid to Syrian refugees in Turkey days before a summit at which EU officials hoped to secure Ankara’s help in stemming migration.

Turkish media reports had suggested a rift between Erdogan and Davutoglu on who should lead the economy. The government includes Erdogan’s son-in-law and other names close to him – in a strong indication that Erdogan would retain power over government.

Binali Yildirim, another Erdogan ally, was named transport minister, but there was no post in the cabinet for former deputy premier Ali Babacan, who had started an ambitious reform agenda in Turkey.

In case you skipped that one :

Meet The Man Who Funds ISIS: Bilal Erdogan, The Son Of Turkey’s President

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Assad is buying isil oil too, why does russia not sanction him?aljazeera

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

First, that has yet to be proven.
Second, he wouldn't need to buy Syrian oil from terror group, if those terror groups didn't take the oil fields from Syrian and Iraqi legitimate authority.
Three, buying oil you could have extracted yourself in order to finance an organisation that is wagging terror against you - is the latest fuzzy logic the real culprits, and those backing them, are trying to let the sheeple believe.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Okay got it.
RT= pure truth
Aljazeera, businessinsider= sheeple propaganda.
Now i know i don't want to talk to you...

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Al jazera defends wahabist / salafist interest.
RT, in this case, interviews a US general, something the US media could have done as well.

Pick your side.

EDIT :

Last month, even FOX news got a flash of journalistic behaviour :

Islamic State earning up to $50 million a month in oil sales despite US attempt to rein it in

IS sells the crude to smugglers for discounted prices, sometimes $35 per barrel but as low as $10 a barrel in some cases, compared to just under $50 a barrel on international markets, four Iraqi intelligence officials told the AP in separate interviews. The smugglers in turn sell to middlemen in Turkey, they said. The oil used to be smuggled in fleets of giant tankers but, fearing airstrikes by the U.S.-led coalition, smaller tankers are being used now.

edit on 2-12-2015 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: Added text

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

But it is not just turkey. Israel is buying it, Iran is buying it and Assad is buying it too. That's my whole point. Why is it just in turkeys case such a big deal?

He should resign because he is bombing the kurds fighting Isis, that's a much bigger deal....
edit on 2-12-2015 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

You could feel Obama's embarrassment at the time it happened (bombing the Kurds despite the fact they could have been USA #1 partner in the area) but it is, somehow, a logical consequence of the fact that the US refused to arm the Kurds.
Now there is another convoy story raging on atm, this time it's not about oil, it's about weapons :

Two journalists arrested for story on "weapons loaded" intelligence trucks bound for Syria

And it is imo a sign of greater involvement from the Erdogan's clan.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This may or not be enough prof ...time will tell as this info makes it's way through the news cycle

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Take a link about erdogan, his family, turks and isis connection, by russia ministry of defence. The link have an auto-translate option

link
Not only guns, also turkey receives 2000 barrels per day from isis. Next week they will reveal more stuff.
edit on 2-12-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

dude are you really suggesting assad is buying his own oil from the people that are stealing it?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Russias failing economy. been hearing that for a year now. still hasn't failed, and they still haven't even dug into their reserves. but yeah this was all just an elaborate hoax to divert attention.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

I didn't write the article. Just shared it cause it seemed relevant. Aljazeera did, dude.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

i understand that but youre saying you subscribe to the idea behind it. and that basicaly means your saying you believe assad is buying his oil from the people that are stealing it.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

As i said before, i believe many more do too.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I posted this somewhere else I think ...anyway it's a good read and very interesting .

By Al-Araby al-Jadeed staff
December 01, 2015 "Information Clearing House" - "Al-Araby" - Oil produced from fields under the control of the Islamic State group is at the heart of a new investigation by al-Araby al-Jadeed. The black gold is extracted, transported and sold, providing the armed group with a vital financial lifeline.

But who buys it? Who finances the murderous brutality that has taken over swathes of Iraq and Syria? How does it get from the ground to the petrol tank, and who profits along the way?

The Islamic State group uses millions of dollars in oil revenues to expand and manage vast areas under its control, home to around five million civilians.

IS sells Iraqi and Syrian oil for a very low price to Kurdish and Turkish smuggling networks and mafias, who label it and sell it on as barrels from the Kurdistan Regional Government.

It is then most frequently transported from Turkey to Israel, via knowing or unknowing middlemen, according to al-Araby's investigation.

The Islamic State group has told al-Araby that it did not intentionally sell oil to Israel, blaming agents along the route to international markets.
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

this isnt about him versus them. this is about his government buying his own stolen oil back. i mean you do realize how ridiculous that sounds right?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

No. He has a war going on lost his oil sources and buys it cheap, doesn't sound ridiculous to me.
You know for a fact he doesn't? How?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join