It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Diet Will Kill You

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
'This is science, after all'. It seems that science can be manipulated to fit any agenda. A statistical sampling of no group in particular and, viola, proof! Meanwhile, people are dying of cancer and any number of diseases, and we get don't eat meat? What are we all worried about, is it because the average lifespan has been stagnate for a decade? Here's one that science missed, we all die.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

We want to look out for our children right?

And there's the "guilt" card, rearing it's ugly head. "Do what I think is right or you're a bad parent"
I eat meat, my kids eat meat and you can keep the holier than thou attitude.

No there's no reason to condemn you for what you feed your children. But it is important to know the facts. Me personally, I'm worried how all this crappy food, awful sweeteners, food coloring, pesticide infested, other crap will effect our genes in the next 1000 years to go. If we are even around that long given war and disease and potential life threatening aliens.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ConMi27
So you want to eat children?

I said more children.
Just playing. Gah

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Just playing. Gah

That makes one of us.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow
'This is science, after all'. It seems that science can be manipulated to fit any agenda. A statistical sampling of no group in particular and, viola, proof! Meanwhile, people are dying of cancer and any number of diseases, and we get don't eat meat? What are we all worried about, is it because the average lifespan has been stagnate for a decade? Here's one that science missed, we all die.
That's the whole point though. You should watch the video. He discusses how TYPE ONE diabetes, that children and adults have, can be CURED and has been PROVEN to be cured after diet change. If that's not a godly miracle, then I don't know what is. And if that doesn't make you want to change your lifestyle, then my point is moot because you can't make people want to care about themselves.
sadly

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ConMi27

I'm also referring to E. Coli, H1N1, H1N5, Mad Cow Disease, the use of high levels of estrogen in animals which is a major cause of cancer in women,

E. Coli, caused by bacteria , most likely from the foodstuff the animals ate or from food not prepared correctly (i.e. cooked)
H1N1, H1N5, both viruses and not caused by the animal. Similar to the flu or cold
Mad Cow Disease , again , a natural occurring disease. HIGHLY preventable from spreading disease to a human.
As far as the androgen/estrogen , it is from preparing it w/o gloves. Even as a kid I was taught that.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I think the science is garbage. Too much fat or carbs? Pfff you realize there's only fat, carbs and protein as macronutrients, right? The issue is caloric excess, little exercise, and micronutrients deficiencies.

Not buying this junk. How many of these studies used grass fed meat? How many ate herbs, spices, veggies that could mediate the negative effects of the meat?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Oxygen causes oxidation, which also kills.Stop breathing and save your life.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

So here's the deal: We all know now that eating meat in general causes cancer.

So my question is: Why are YOU still eating it.

Capitalism = Its ALL about money(power), nothing else. EVERYTHING WE DO, IS JUST CRAZY!!! but we need to make money, forget about everything else...

We are keept to busy, to think, so we dont have time to realize this stuff, or we are to busy to take it seriously, we spend our time earning money, so we can buy the stuff your talking about, cause we dont have enough time to earn enough to buy something better, so we make compromises, so we got time to earn more money...money, money, money, money, money, money etc. and then some more money

Your answer is money!

S&F
I full agree. You would just think at some point, people would start to care about themselves enough to want to live longer, be healthier, find a humble spot and stay there. Or else what's the point to life?

You would think that, right? I dont get it either! But i also realize, that i myself, do all kinds of stupid things i know aint healthy for myself, iam getting better, and try to get the best food i can, but i sometimes buy crap anyways
I might be a slow learner, but iam getting there, ...slowly

Some would say life aint worth living, if you cant enjoy it - but i think there is a more healthy solution to allmost everything in life, so that aint that

ETA - I just remembered an experiment some scientist did - i will try to find if i can
But some scientist, couldnt understand why, when animals where used in experiements, when given the choise between clear natural water, and water with drugs, they chose the drugs!
He thought, these experiments are made in cages, and not in the animals true enviroment, so gave some rats an enviroment, like they have in nature, and gave them the same choise, but now, they chose the clean water

So when free and happy, the choise was clean water
When trapped and depressed, the choise was drugs

Ever heard of that experiment? Cause that might answer some questions

ETA2 - Rat Park - Wiki

Alexander's hypothesis was that drugs do not cause addiction, and that the apparent addiction to opiate drugs commonly observed in laboratory rats exposed to it is attributable to their living conditions, and not to any addictive property of the drug itself.[1] He told the Canadian Senate in 2001 that prior experiments in which laboratory rats were kept isolated in cramped metal cages, tethered to a self-injection apparatus, show only that "severely distressed animals, like severely distressed people, will relieve their distress pharmacologically if they can."[2]

Oh wow that's awesome. Environment has a lot to do with happiness just from personal happy experiences myself

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ringdingdong
I think the science is garbage. Too much fat or carbs? Pfff you realize there's only fat, carbs and protein as macronutrients, right? The issue is caloric excess, little exercise, and micronutrients deficiencies.

Not buying this junk. How many of these studies used grass fed meat? How many ate herbs, spices, veggies that could mediate the negative effects of the meat?

I read a book about that. I'm sure there is a difference just like all variables in life. But the problem with "grass fed beef" is that it's almost twice as expensive. So people that have families don't buy it because it takes away out of their budget. I've even read studies that say the majority of the U.S doesn't like grass fed beef because it tastes gamey, therefore they put them back in crates and feed them grain. They have to or they can't sell their product.
edit on 30-11-2015 by ConMi27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CallYourBluff
Oxygen causes oxidation, which also kills.Stop breathing and save your life.

Bwahah ahahahaha clever.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Here's a good clip from FATHEAD explaining the junk science behind cholesterol.I could write multiple threads on nutrition but can't be bothered as it would lead to the usual arguing and insulting.The evidence should be blatantly clear when you look at the SAD diet and it's impact on health and obesity.Sugar is the enemy.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I'm also referring to E. Coli, H1N1, H1N5, Mad Cow Disease, the use of high levels of estrogen in animals which is a major cause of cancer in women,

E. Coli, caused by bacteria , most likely from the foodstuff the animals ate or from food not prepared correctly (i.e. cooked)
H1N1, H1N5, both viruses and not caused by the animal. Similar to the flu or cold
Mad Cow Disease , again , a natural occurring disease. HIGHLY preventable from spreading disease to a human.
As far as the androgen/estrogen , it is from preparing it w/o gloves. Even as a kid I was taught that.

I didn't want to type all this stuff out but here we go:

"Scientific studies and government records suggest that virtually all (upwards of 95 percent of) chickens become infected with E. Coli (an indicator of fecal contamination) and between 39 and 75 percent of chickens in retail stores are still infected. Seventy to 90 percent are infected with another potentially deadly pathogen, campylobacter. Chlorine baths are commonly used to remove slime, odor, and bacteria." Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer, page 131.

This is why when you go out to eat that restaurants have that little information ad on the very bottom of the menu that states, "Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness."

That's what the USDA does to help protect.

Gives you a paragraph to read.

Also, H1N1 and H5N1 is the virus that humans get when it jumps from animals to humans.

"The concern is not only bird or swine flu or whatever-comes-next, but the entire class of
"zoonotic" (animal-to-human or vice versa) pathogens - especially viruses that movie between humans, chickens, cows, turkeys and pigs."

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Just playing. Gah

That makes one of us.

Hoorah

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
A pertinent video.

edit on 30-11-2015 by CallYourBluff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

He discusses how TYPE ONE diabetes, that children and adults have, can be CURED and has been PROVEN to be cured after diet change. If that's not a godly miracle, then I don't know what is. And if that doesn't make you want to change your lifestyle, then my point is moot because you can't make people want to care about themselves.
sadly

There is no cure for type 1 diabetes: there is no way to replace the insulin producing cells that have been destroyed in the pancreas. Once they are destroyed there is no solution, the pancreas doesn't make new ones and we have not yet been able to make them in a lab.

Type 2 diabetes can be fixed with diet and exercise because it is caused by insulin resistance (and not even with all patients).

Please provide the evidence that shows type 1 diabetes has been cured. Thank you.
edit on 30-11-2015 by Agartha because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Again , , as I stated E.Coli is a bacteria. The stuff you stated is EXACTLY to the word the same meaning I posted. It is a "naturally" occurring bacteria. If you eat contaminated plants , you have just as much chance of infection by E.Coli as the animal did. And , did I not state from undercooked or ill prepared food? And that goes for vegetables as well as meats. The H viruses you mentioned are VIRUSES. Look the meaning of virus up .Has nothing whatsoever to do with eating meats unless the animal was sick in the first place. Then cooking may even destroy the virus. Heat has a way of doing that, dont cha know ? But why take a chance ? ANNNNDDDD you can get H1N1 or H1N5 just by being in proximity to any animal that has the virus.IT IS A FORM OF THE FLU for gosh sake .

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

He discusses how TYPE ONE diabetes, that children and adults have, can be CURED and has been PROVEN to be cured after diet change. If that's not a godly miracle, then I don't know what is. And if that doesn't make you want to change your lifestyle, then my point is moot because you can't make people want to care about themselves.
sadly

There is no cure for type 1 diabetes: there is no way to replace the insulin producing cells that have been destroyed in the pancreas. Once they are destroyed there is no solution, the pancreas doesn't make new ones and we have not yet been able to make them in a lab.

Type 2 diabetes can be fixed with diet and exercise because it is caused by insulin resistance (and not even with all patients).

Please provide the evidence that shows type 1 diabetes has been cured. Thank you.

It's all in the video, I think an hour in but I can't be sure. Just watch it, or skip through it. I had never heard of it before either, but they have studies of which after diet change within 16 days the patients no longer needed outside insulin. Pretty amazing, really.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Again , , as I stated E.Coli is a bacteria. The stuff you stated is EXACTLY to the word the same meaning I posted. It is a "naturally" occurring bacteria. If you eat contaminated plants , you have just as much chance of infection by E.Coli as the animal did. And , did I not state from undercooked or ill prepared food? And that goes for vegetables as well as meats. The H viruses you mentioned are VIRUSES. Look the meaning of virus up .Has nothing whatsoever to do with eating meats unless the animal was sick in the first place. Then cooking may even destroy the virus. Heat has a way of doing that, dont cha know ? But why take a chance ? ANNNNDDDD you can get H1N1 or H1N5 just by being in proximity to any animal that has the virus.IT IS A FORM OF THE FLU for gosh sake .

Because cooking the food at high temps gets rid of the bacteria. People get sick when it is contaminated and not charred correctly. Also as far as vegetables getting E. Coli, they are speculating the bacteria comes from LIVE STOCK.

Like....

Pathogens in Produce

Could this happen when uncomposted manure is applied to a field, or when water contaminated with livestock waste is used to irrigate a crop, or when deer wandering through a field or geese flying over it leave behind some fecal droppings? Could some of the pathogens from the manure, polluted irrigation water, or droppings from wildlife soak down into the ground and become available to the roots of the plants?

So the root cause is once again farm animals.That we eat.

And it was the same potentially fatal type of E. coli that killed three people and sickened more than 200 in the 2006 outbreak linked to baby spinach grown in California. The likely culprits in that outbreak were wild pigs or livestock that wandered through the field or perhaps nearby irrigation water that had been contaminated by livestock or wildlife. But even with matching DNA samples, the exact way the pathogen actually spread to the spinach remains unknown.

Nobody wants to blame livestock for their illnesses, HOT dog.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I just think that this is reckless, suggesting that eating meat in general shortens a lifespan. Eating meat does not cause cancer, cancer is something that people are predisposed to. It would be safe to say that eating meat may increase the risk of cancer in certain people. Does the research consider that certain health risks may occur when abstaining from eating meat? Selectively advocating lifestyles is a huge disservice to at least a portion of society, when science should be looking for the root cause of these diseases.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join