It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Diet Will Kill You

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
No you really shouldn't have bothered looking it up for anyone.Have a look at the actual facts when it comes to cholesterol,heart disease and the real causes of alzheimer's.Until then, please don't preach ignorant opinions on nutrition.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Frankly, the cigars I smoke, the motorcycle I ride, the booze I've drunk or the kids I've helped bring into the world will get me before the beef vindaloo I'm fantasizing about now.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ConMi27

I don't know how many others actually watched the whole video but I did. I expected some boring, academic level incomprehensible bla bla but I was pleasantly surprised and, to be honest, after digesting it all, quite shocked. His delivery is up-tempo and pretty humorous in the right places, but most important of all, layman speak. Even I could understand it.

I thank you for your thread and think I will be turning vegetarian again very soon...

Additional: I was a vegetarian for 10 years. The last 3 or 4 years I switched back to meat for ... convenience I guess....sigh

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConMi27
So here's the deal: We all know now that eating meat in general causes cancer.

So do vegetables....

www.dietdoctor.com...

But meat tastes much better.
edit on 30-11-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Yes there are alternative sources for our required sustenance but with almost anything you consume, there's always a risk your taking. All you can do is reduce that risk by choosing the best quality possibilities for survival, for example if in the lower ranks of society(financial despair,mental illness,homelessness and/or racial minority) chances are lower that you'll find the healthiest forms of food.

Also based on what food resources you have access to may limit what you can eat. Increasing your chances of contracting food related illnesses.
There are a ton of variables you have to keep in mind. If people want to pig out on unhealthy food let them. If the human population dropped to like 500 million people than hey you might have a point, we should stop eating meat altogether.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Some studies do not show that vegetarians live significantly longer.25,29 Two studies of people who consumed very little meat showed an average life-span increase of 3.6 years.39 A huge study of Seventh Day Adventists who ate little or no meat showed longevity increases of 7.28 years in men and 4.42 years in women.40

www.lifeextension.com...

It is easy to see that obese people generally have brought misery on themselves.

I am in my late forties. 18 year old women still give me the eye and I don't look a day over thirty. I am very slim and toned. I don't smoke, I don't drink alcohol, I only eat fish. I don't sit on my ass in an office then spend the rest of the time sitting on my ass driving a car. I go for long walks or cycle rides EVERY DAY.

edit on 30-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan
One of the first thing i remember hearing about cancer, was: "Fear of cancer, might cause cancer" And every since then, "they" have keept telling us that, just about anything will give you cancer...

Maybe the best thing to do, is not to worry to much, and try to enjoy life, like you say
Thats a part of being healthy to

Indeed, we know stress is a health killer. If people allow themselves to stress over what's in their dinner (or anything else they come in contact with in life) and become hyper-obsessive over it, it's a no-brainer what that's going to do over the long-term. All things in moderation, and a positive attitude will get a better ROI on your life than just prolonging it via fear-driven abstinence. You may be getting more years (quantity) but you're isolating yourself from enjoyment (quality)

Also, I love the digs from the holier-than-thou in the thread who think they've got everyone who responds pegged. I like to categorize myself as a "lazy vegetarian", I'm not a daily, or even weekly, meat eater. But I'll still have myself a medium-rare bacon cheeseburger whenever I please, so they can stick that in their pipe & smoke it (oh, sorry, no they can't, carcinogens!!)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
Yes there are alternative sources for our required sustenance but with almost anything you consume, there's always a risk your taking. All you can do is reduce that risk by choosing the best quality possibilities for survival, for example if in the lower ranks of society(financial despair,mental illness,homelessness and/or racial minority) chances are lower that you'll find the healthiest forms of food.

Also based on what food resources you have access to may limit what you can eat. Increasing your chances of contracting food related illnesses.
There are a ton of variables you have to keep in mind. If people want to pig out on unhealthy food let them. If the human population dropped to like 500 million people than hey you might have a point, we should stop eating meat altogether.

Your outlook quite disgusts me. How ignorant your post is. Like a cave man!

I am bi polar. AM I LOWER THAN YOU? One can be bi polar and still be highly educated like I AM. Bet you I live longer than you. Bet you I have a healthier life style, look ten times healthier than all the posters here in my age group.

You have a perception problem with your fellow human.

I am certainly not lower than you. You are so typical. You believe all that bs that comes out of your slow brain.

How dare you!

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUAL! Tell me how I am lower than you, Nate the Laminator?

I only bother writing on ATS because of people like you who spread this BS about people. I wish you would not be so horrible and treat your fellow people like #.

edit on 30-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

So here's the deal: We all know now that eating meat in general causes cancer.

Yes and no. Yes, meat causes cancer. No, not all meat causes cancer in humans (as currently observed).

Processed meat certainly does. This can and has been proven as carcinogenic to humans.

There is a question mark hanging over red meat. Carcinogenicity has been observed in animals, hence the Group 2A classification.

There is no magic cure for this either. What do you do, go vegetarian? You would need to be vigilant to ensure all your produce is organic to avoid nasty pesticides, nitrogen and cadmium levels, and then what? Not even organic food is entirely organic. As a supplier you need to ensure organic food is 95% organic, with the 5% allowing certain additives and processing aids.

As supply and demand increases with rising populations the quality of food will continue to fall and it doesn't look like we want to do anything about it.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

We want to look out for our children right?

And there's the "guilt" card, rearing it's ugly head. "Do what I think is right or you're a bad parent"
I eat meat, my kids eat meat and you can keep the holier than thou attitude.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Another anti-meat thread?

All these make me want to do is eat MORE meat. Including the children you are so concerned about.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I have my suspicions about all the relatively new posters supporting the vegan point of view. Something smells 'fishy' and it isn't my seafood.

Oh, and worrying about what others do causes cancer so please take your own advice and stay out of our diet.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Yep, eating meat does not compute. It used to, for me. I remember the moment I realized my vege/veganism was set in my habit pattern. There was an ad on tv for pasta, yum, a full dish of pasta was shown when suddenly a large hunk of "meat" was dropped on it (seemingly appealing, I guess). At that point I said out loud "They put a corpse on the food!" Kind of my definition of vegetarianism in a nutshell (yummm, nutshells).

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Unfortunately most people naively believe that just because something is on a shelf in a shop or on a menu in a restaurant, that automatically makes it safe.

Perhaps you could argue this is how the world should actually work, and maybe if it weren't for capitalism it probably would. See all those preservatives, colourings, artificial flavours & sweeteners are all added to increase the profits of the companies who make them. These people couldn't care less how many kids die of cancer or that all kinds of diseases are on the increase, all that matters is profits.

And to make things even better, the clowns that we elect who are meant to serve us, just let them get away with it.

Just another example of the flaws of the current system we employ.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I want to ask just one question. Can anyone state one product that over the last 50 years that hasnt been (at one time) proven to cause cancer ? Lets look at plain ole coffee . Over the past years it has went from being very bad for you , till lately it has been theorized (and I say theorized) to be good for you. The current thinking is that it can help a man burn calories and assist in preventing breast cancer in women. What all this will eventually boil down to is the FACT that everyone carries the dormant live cancer gene. The issue is , what triggers this gene to bring it out of dormant state? Could that trigger fluctuate over the years or does each individual have their own "triggers" ? Or , does anything really matter it is a matter of pure randomness ? When your number comes up.... I am still on the fence as far as is there really a trigger or is it just natural and science "proves" its this , that or the other thing ? Most are reaching or they have their own "agenda" as it is with most science nowadays . They want to make a name for themselves.There were studies published that "had proven" dried up toothpaste caused cancer. No , not toothpaste in general , just the sorta dried up toothpaste . AS time goes by, all this slips into darkness and a new "cause" appears....

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I have started looking after my diet a lot more its all about moderation.

Its interesting because i was going to write a thread on a subject like this recently.

As a nurse most of what i see daily with my patients is all down to life style, be it alcohol, drugs, smoking or diet if it were not for those people who make this awful life style choices i would be out of a job.

So yeah keep eating crap, your keeping me in a job lol

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

I don't know how many others actually watched the whole video but I did. I expected some boring, academic level incomprehensible bla bla but I was pleasantly surprised and, to be honest, after digesting it all, quite shocked. His delivery is up-tempo and pretty humorous in the right places, but most important of all, layman speak. Even I could understand it.

I thank you for your thread and think I will be turning vegetarian again very soon...

Additional: I was a vegetarian for 10 years. The last 3 or 4 years I switched back to meat for ... convenience I guess....sigh

I've been on and off vegetarian for 6 years. Mostly due to health but the older I get and the more I fall apart (lol the whole age degeneration think kinda blows) the more I feel the need to eat like I mean it. We all enjoy juicy fat burgers, and well marinated steak. But as a woman, I can cut all of that out easily and be happier about those decisions
but he really did give a lot of great information.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I want to ask just one question. Can anyone state one product that over the last 50 years that hasnt been (at one time) proven to cause cancer ? Lets look at plain ole coffee . Over the past years it has went from being very bad for you , till lately it has been theorized (and I say theorized) to be good for you. The current thinking is that it can help a man burn calories and assist in preventing breast cancer in women. What all this will eventually boil down to is the FACT that everyone carries the dormant live cancer gene. The issue is , what triggers this gene to bring it out of dormant state? Could that trigger fluctuate over the years or does each individual have their own "triggers" ? Or , does anything really matter it is a matter of pure randomness ? When your number comes up.... I am still on the fence as far as is there really a trigger or is it just natural and science "proves" its this , that or the other thing ? Most are reaching or they have their own "agenda" as it is with most science nowadays . They want to make a name for themselves.There were studies published that "had proven" dried up toothpaste caused cancer. No , not toothpaste in general , just the sorta dried up toothpaste . AS time goes by, all this slips into darkness and a new "cause" appears....

I think I attacked this wrong with using cancer as a primary topic of debate. I'm also referring to E. Coli, H1N1, H1N5, Mad Cow Disease, the use of high levels of estrogen in animals which is a major cause of cancer in women, non-therapeutical use of drugs in animals making us immune to antibiotics ourselves overtime. These aren't just "hey it might cause cancers" it's even if it DOESNT cause cancer, you can get all of the above as well.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Another anti-meat thread?

All these make me want to do is eat MORE meat. Including the children you are so concerned about.

So you want to eat children?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

So you want to eat children?

I said more children.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join