It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Diet Will Kill You

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
So here's the deal: We all know now that eating meat in general causes cancer.

--->The Who: Processed Meat
And apparently the way you cook your meat:
---->Chemicals in Meat that are Cooked in High Temps

Heterocyclic amines (HCAs) and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) are chemicals formed when muscle meat, including beef, pork, fish, or poultry, is cooked using high-temperature methods, such as pan frying or grilling directly over an open flame (1). In laboratory experiments, HCAs and PAHs have been found to be mutagenic—that is, they cause changes in DNA that may increase the risk of cancer.

Right? We even KNOW for a FACT that consuming products high in unhealthy carbs and in fat, can lead to obesity which can lead to Diabetes type 2, heart disease (number ONE killer in America), high cholesterol....

But also consuming meat or dairy even causes Lou Gehrigs, Parkinsons, and Alzheimers disease. Meat Linked to Lou Gehrigs, Parkinsons, Alzheimers:

An intriguing suggestion is that Alzheimer’s is a slower moving version of Mad Cow disease, acquired by eating contaminated CAFO meats… TDP-43 might also “predispose” you to Parkinson’s, or Lou Gehrig’s, just as easily as Alzheimer’s. Which disease ends up materializing may depend on the area of your brain the proteins attack. As noted in a 2014 AlzForum.org article:14 “Pathological TDP-43 appears to follow a set route through the nervous system, and what that route is depends on the disease at hand. Two new papers in Acta Neuropathologica add TDP-43 itineraries for Alzheimer’s disease and frontotemporal lobar degeneration [FTLD] to a previously published staging scheme for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.15

Alzheimers Disease Causation
Grain Brain or Meat Head
A Brief History of Mad Cow Disease in the U.S

I mean, I really shouldn't have to look this up for anyone. It should just be common knowledge BUT IT'S NOT, thus here I am at one in the morning, on a ranting, well-informed, spree.

Anywhom.

We want to look out for our children right? We want to put good in and get good out. We don't want to EAT CANCER. I mean we can smoke it, because at least we know that causes cancer and by doing so it's of our own freewill, but we don't want to EAT IT or at least UNKNOWINGLY eat it. Right? And we sure as HELL don't want to give our children cancer by feeding it to them.

OR WHAT'S WORSE is when you take your child to the local burger joint, get them a patty with a chocolate milk and a side of fries, then watch them slowly die over the next few months because their small bodies can't fight off the Salmonella contamination. (E.Coli)

See -----> Kevin's Story at Two Years Old
Or ----->The Burger that Shattered her Life - at Eighteen Years Old

So if WE know, all of this. And I'm not saying we're speculating, or guessing, or pointing fingers just to be pointing. This is science afterall - THEN WHY by all or any means, are we still consuming it?

This video is THE BEST VIDEO I have ever seen on this topic, please watch. It is IMPERATIVE.

• Heart Disease
  • Cancer: prostate, uterine, breast, ovarian, brain, bone, ect...
  • High Cholesterol
  • Type 2 Diabetes
  • Alzheimers
  • Lou Gehrig’s
  • Parkinson's
  • Hypertension

Not only is our world more diverse today than EVER in all of HUMAN HISTORY, but the excuse that "It's too expensive to be healthy." no longer applies. Our markets give us the lowest price on nearly everything making items that aren't going to kill you, pretty damn cheap.

As far as 'cultural decisions' are concerned, "Eating Animals" by Jonathan Safran Foer touches on the basis of eating Kosher, and the bonding of food between other people and societies. What you eat, is a big deal FULL CIRCLE. But that shouldn't mean you should have to pay the price for it.

So my question is: Why are YOU still eating it.
    edit on 30-11-2015 by ConMi27 because: Title Correction

edit on 30-11-2015 by ConMi27 because: Name Change Again (sowry)

+22 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I didn't spend millions of years evolving these flesh ripping incisors to eat nothing but bunny food. Humans are omnivores. All things in moderation.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ConMi27

All I could think about reading your post was mmmmmmmm bacon in a homer voice

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConMi27

Capitalism = Its ALL about money(power), nothing else. EVERYTHING WE DO, IS JUST CRAZY!!! but we need to make money, forget about everything else...

We are keept to busy, to think, so we dont have time to realize this stuff, or we are to busy to take it seriously, we spend our time earning money, so we can buy the stuff your talking about, cause we dont have enough time to earn enough to buy something better, so we make compromises, so we got time to earn more money...money, money, money, money, money, money etc. and then some more money

Your answer is money!

S&F
edit on 30 11 2015 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong. I do enjoy some good veggies, fruit, nuts and berries. I don't eat excessive amounts of meat. But when I do I really enjoy it. I do prefer to gather meat from the wild or raise it myself.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
It seems everything kills you these days, but we keep living longer and longer. Eating meat is really not the same as eating a lot of meat, a lot of everything and getting fat. You do know the Atkins diet was first developed to help heart disease patients to regulate their insulin level and the weight loss was just a side effect.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I eat meat because it bothers people who make threads like this. You really expect to win people over in such a manner? I'm going to buy a steak right now BC of this thread. Someday I'm going to die...are you aware you will, too? Probably sooner since you can't live long with your head up your own arse.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Capitalism = Its ALL about money(power), nothing else. EVERYTHING WE DO, IS JUST CRAZY!!! but we need to make money, forget about everything else...

We are keept to busy, to think, so we dont have time to realize this stuff, or we are to busy to take it seriously, we spend our time earning money, so we can buy the stuff your talking about, cause we dont have enough time to earn enough to buy something better, so we make compromises, so we got time to earn more money...money, money, money, money, money, money etc. and then some more money

Your answer is money!

S&F
I full agree. You would just think at some point, people would start to care about themselves enough to want to live longer, be healthier, find a humble spot and stay there. Or else what's the point to life?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: thektotheg
I eat meat because it bothers people who make threads like this. You really expect to win people over in such a manner? I'm going to buy a steak right now BC of this thread. Someday I'm going to die...are you aware you will, too? Probably sooner since you can't live long with your head up your own arse.

I'm not trying to win you over, bro. Apparently the USDA did that along time ago. Just stating facts for mere debate. I will die at some point, but I'd rather it be NOT BY my own hands.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
It seems everything kills you these days, but we keep living longer and longer. Eating meat is really not the same as eating a lot of meat, a lot of everything and getting fat. You do know the Atkins diet was first developed to help heart disease patients to regulate their insulin level and the weight loss was just a side effect.

I believe in "Everyhing with moderation"

To little or to much of anything will kill you, an addiction is an addiction no matter what your addicted to, an we all seem to be addicted to something

How does an addiction start? When your are depressed or filled with fear, when you dont believe in yourself anymore, and need something to replace that feeling with

Why do we do it? I would say depression...

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I didn't spend millions of years evolving these flesh ripping incisors to eat nothing but bunny food. Humans are omnivores. All things in moderation.

I'm going to input the whole "I'd like to see you use your flesh ripping incisors, to tear apart a living cow." Here. If you don't behave like a predator, look like a predator, or live like a predator, then why do you call yourself one.
edit on 30-11-2015 by ConMi27 because: Word

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I'm going to input the whole "I'd like to see you use your flesh ripping incisors, to tear apart a living cow." Here. If you don't behave like a predator, look like a predator, or live like a predator, then why do you call yourself one.
You would like to see me tear a living bovine apart with my teeth?!? Jeez. Is that a triple-dog-dare? We have technology for that. Spears and rocks for a start.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

No but, people whom develop Bone cancer and breast cancer don't eat ALOT of meat either and plenty of them aren't obese. It doesn't have to be ALOT of meat.

Dairy and eggs and meat in conjunction, play very important roles in this.
edit on 30-11-2015 by ConMi27 because: Word

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

You would like to see me tear a living bovine apart with my teeth?!? Jeez. Is that a triple-dog-dare? We have technology for that. Spears and rocks for a start.

Can you name me another animal that uses tools to kill their prey?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Your answer is money!

S&F
I full agree. You would just think at some point, people would start to care about themselves enough to want to live longer, be healthier, find a humble spot and stay there. Or else what's the point to life?

You would think that, right? I dont get it either! But i also realize, that i myself, do all kinds of stupid things i know aint healthy for myself, iam getting better, and try to get the best food i can, but i sometimes buy crap anyways
I might be a slow learner, but iam getting there, ...slowly

Some would say life aint worth living, if you cant enjoy it - but i think there is a more healthy solution to allmost everything in life, so that aint that

ETA - I just remembered an experiment some scientist did - i will try to find if i can
But some scientist, couldnt understand why, when animals where used in experiements, when given the choise between clear natural water, and water with drugs, they chose the drugs!
He thought, these experiments are made in cages, and not in the animals true enviroment, so gave some rats an enviroment, like they have in nature, and gave them the same choise, but now, they chose the clean water

So when free and happy, the choise was clean water
When trapped and depressed, the choise was drugs

Ever heard of that experiment? Cause that might answer some questions

ETA2 - Rat Park - Wiki

Alexander's hypothesis was that drugs do not cause addiction, and that the apparent addiction to opiate drugs commonly observed in laboratory rats exposed to it is attributable to their living conditions, and not to any addictive property of the drug itself.[1] He told the Canadian Senate in 2001 that prior experiments in which laboratory rats were kept isolated in cramped metal cages, tethered to a self-injection apparatus, show only that "severely distressed animals, like severely distressed people, will relieve their distress pharmacologically if they can."[2]

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Can you name me another animal that uses tools to kill their prey?
Chimpanzees are the first to come to mind. Yes, they do use tools to kill prey for food. Otters use rocks to crack clam shells to get at that tasty meat.
edit on 30-11-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Fun fact: As soon as you come in to existence, you begin to die that very second. You're not even born yet & death is already assured.

Now, go have a juicy burger & enjoy life. You're doing yourself no favors cementing your mind in "food stress" like this. What's worse -- living a long, agonizing life stressing over the tiniest detail that might give you cancer, or living your life, even if shorter, enjoying it through & through? I'll take a shorter, happier life over a long, drawn out stress fest, thanks.
edit on 11/30/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Hahaha. You think it is our freewill to eat healthy food? Just read the comments in this topic, some brainwashed sheep's will get all the excuses they can get to continue eating crap.

You can't change a person who is programmed to do what us supposed to do and to keep on consuming or should I say over consuming crap.

How else will thus meat industry and other crap food industry be filthy rich?

Now those people got it on they TV boxes but still it is not enough?

You probably ask why they said meat us cancer on the mind control box?
Because it looks that things are worse than we think. Just like with cigarettes. Cigarettes were big business, but tptb found out that they are losing more than gaining. Sane thing is with meat.

Just make sure if you quit eating neat, so you don't eat another crap food served by mind control box.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Fun fact: As soon as you come in to existence, you begin to die that very second. You're not even born yet & death is already assured.

Now, go have a juicy burger & enjoy life. You're doing yourself no favors cementing your mind in "food stress" like this. What's worse -- living a long, agonizing life stressing over the tiniest detail that might give you cancer, or living your life, even if shorter, enjoying it through & through? I'll take a shorter, happier life over a long, drawn out stress fest, thanks.

One of the first thing i remember hearing about cancer, was: "Fear of cancer, might cause cancer" And every since then, "they" have keept telling us that, just about anything will give you cancer...

Maybe the best thing to do, is not to worry to much, and try to enjoy life, like you say
Thats a part of being healthy to

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Good stuff OP.

Our food is our medicine and our medicine is our food.

We truly are what we eat. It affects our DNA, literally.

Still, no one will change or care. Even as this problem worsens, people are addicted to this western diet lots of meat, colors, fake foods.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join