It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arting Out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Some of my recent art. I draw when I'm bored. I'm not very good at it--I took A.P Studio Art and 2-D Art in high school but I have no other training besides that. My favorite artists are Remedios Varo & Hieronymus Bosch. Don't steal my art--or I'll sue you.

~> If you want to use it, ask me.

I use pens, pencils, highlighters, colored pencils (Prismacolor), & sharpie. Usually not all at once, but I like mixing my media. I don't really know how to paint and hope to learn in the future--but there's one example of my acrylic work below (the bat thing).

Hope you like it.

edit on 28-11-2015 by rukia because: adding another picture

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

You are really good... My favorite is the second drawing of the girl.

It would be great in chalks.
edit on 28-11-2015 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2015 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
You have real talent! Love the 13th and 14th pics. The bed is my favorite.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Really nice, thank for sharing these. I especially like the 6th piece with the very generous Pineal Gland...That thing must be awful powerful!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Remedios is my favorite - surrealism my first love. She was doing her thing when surrealism was mostly a boy's club

Love the dogs, the squash is good. Your colors in that one of the plant towards the bottom are nice - good mood

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

The last 2 are the best because they tell a story, I think you should go that way.

The opened door is subliminal, the notes are like secrets you have but won't share,....very good.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Thank you! What I always struggle with is expression--I've been told that all of my characters bear the same facial expression. That, and my values need work--I tend to color rather darkly.

I don't know what this gif has to do with anything, but I feel the need to post it!

a reply to: tinker9917
the second picture (of a girl) is actually the character that my ATS name is--Rukia from Bleach (which is a comic/cartoon). Were you talking about that one or the one that's a pencil drawing? I wasn't sure.

to: Trueman
The last two are drawings of my bedroom. They were supposed to be contour line drawings, but I kinda just went ham and did whatever

edit on 28-11-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I don't know what this gif has to do with anything, but I feel the need to post it!

Your instincts are good

:-)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I have to ask, did you draw your ATS avatar?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

You may not think that you're very good but I would beg to differ. Moreover, the work that you've shown us demonstrates a great deal of effort in developing your craft, so I can only expect that you can only get better. Either way, you have style, and I like it.

PS. Bleach is one of my son's favourites, Rukia is, and has, great character

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator
Oh, heavens no. Kubo Tite did--that's the guy who is the author/draw-er of Bleach. Someone colored in his line art--again, not me. I know how to make website designs and layouts and stuff, but I haven't ever tried to do digital art. I'd like to, but I only know how to do art the old-fashioned way.

a reply to: Anaana
Thank you! Your compliment about having a style is very flattering. Practice makes perfect!

Bleach is the first anime/manga that I was introduced to a couple years ago. Rukia's my favorite--I've been told that I have a very similar disposition. Luckily, I think that I am a better artist than Rukia--but that might only be because I practice.

edit on 29-11-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Fantastical wonderful . Keep creating it grows your soul. Loved tem all.

Flag ya so more people will take a look. And now will star you because you are a bright and shinning star.
edit on 29-11-2015 by Cloudbuster because: Added extra info

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

You should get into digital art, Scan in art you do by hand in to your computer.

Here's something I scanned in the other day, curious to know what you think as an artist.

edit on 29-11-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: photo messed up

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

I think you're very good! That screams Gandalf
I really like it. The only thing I would change is there's a bit of a proportion issue with his upper arms/shoulders. He's a bit too narrow. The arm closest to us needs to be slightly moved over/a bit thicker on top. You see where you drew that diagonal line for the shoulders? Curve out the arm there and it'll be perfect ^_^

But that's just me being nit-picky. You did the hat perfectly and the head and face are phenomenal. The expression he has is great and true to his character. Thank you for sharing! I'd love to see more of your stuff.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Thank you for the critique
I'm glad you pointed that out, I'll probably end up fixing that in Photoshop sometime tonight.

I might upload some of my stuff to deviant art or other similar sites some time in the future.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Hey that's pretty good stuff. May I suggest you learn how to ink wash if you are interested in painting and all that I think I will do two things for you. Firstly you think you have a value issue being heavy on your dark's, well ink washing is neat because you can use very little ink diluted with water and it creates a very light valued wash, from there you can use it to build your value darker ny additive value meaning you keep washing over the same area to go darker. This will help as you start out with your lightest values then move to your darker values. Second if you are into painting this will help you become familiar with moving your brushes getting a feel for them. Dont ever think you have to have formal training to be an artist, it shows that it is more then boredom coming out on paper. If you didn't know it, you are showing us a part of something inside some kind of mental process then can only come out this way. Its like a form of problem solving and language. Keep it up and one day you will attain whatever artistic feat you are after. Again good job.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I will definitely try out what you suggested. Thank you! That sounds really fun. My main passion is writing, but art is similar in nature. It's just like you said: although I might initially do it out of boredom or just looking to pass the time, I end up putting my soul into the work at least to some extent. Or, I'd like to think that I try to. It's difficult learning to be open in that sense, but it's definitely rewarding. As you can see with that bat drawing/painting thing, my style was a lot more restricted back when I was first starting out. My only current wish is that i could work bigger, again. All of those drawings you see (well, many of them) are actually remarkably small. The skull, for instance, is as big as (part of) the corner of a sheet of notebook paper. Anyway, I can't wait to try out the ink washes.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Good you should and make sure you post pix too.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Here's my newest one

--which I now made my profile avatar thing. thanks for the rad idea

edit on 17-12-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Looks good bud, I'm always here to look at your work. Another suggestion, start working with higher quality paper. It is the base foundation

Also, if you get better thicker watercolor paper you can use that inkwash thing I was talking about before to add midtones to your paper before you sketch
edit on 17-12-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join