It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING- Active Shooter Reported At Planned Parenthood Colorado.

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Mightyrahiem

That was some great imagery you painted there!

Yeah, I lucked out on the 2012 fire... It's been a crazy few years for sure.

I definitely feel safer here than I would in like Chicago, or New York, or some more populous city. But I was contemplating if going more rural would be better yet.

But, as I was alluding to, this guy apparently lives out in Hartsel, which is totally rural. He could've picked a dozen or more spots between there and here...

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Alrighty then, believe what you want to believe. That's what it boils down to, but i think you are wrong and ignorant to think this is limited to colorado and just a few other states.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: Mightyrahiem
a reply to: Swills
If i recall, the cops on the scanner said the same thing. They kept referring to his weapon as "The AK"

This article says he was armed with an "AK style weapon."

Link

That quote is from an NBC news reporter. Seems like the type to call my samsung galaxy "An iphone-like device".

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Never said it was limited to just Colorado but mass shootings in Colorado are on the rise.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xenthuin

I would feel safer there as well compared to Chicago.

Hell, all the murders in Colorado Springs in a year would be a good week in Chicago.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Another double post, sorry, internet is screwing me right now
edit on 28-11-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Wookiep

Never said it was limited to just Colorado but mass shootings in Colorado are on the rise.

More so than what other state? I think you are buying the propaganda just a little too much.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: infolurker

True we don't know who he is yet , he could be White, Hispanic,Black, Filipino

Just your run of the mill white domestic terrorist.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
a reply to: chuck258

Oh this is christian terrorism. You dont travel from North Carolina to Colorado just to shoot cops at a PP clinic. Lol

. . . . . er, what? He's FROM North Carolina, doesn't mean he still lives there.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Ok -

Firstly, I missed all the live action but I have skimmed/read all 35+ pages of posts here.

Secondly, I'm not trying to state in any way that this particular event is staged or "not real". From the posts, it seems to have been heavily followed, multiple resources to indicate a real situation, etc.

However, this event has got my Skepty Senses going off simply because of what I see as downright uncanny timing regarding the recent Paris attacks and well, everything else.
Here are some concerning points:

1. There have been great amounts of tumult following the Paris attacks, dividing a lot of people, festered hate and fear, further restrictions on liberties, etc. Many of the posts I've read touch the point/fact that not only Muslims are terrorists. Many have used attacks on PP as examples of non-Muslim terrorist attacks(and rightly so). Yet, that has not really hit home with a lot of citizens as it ought to and the rampant hatred has been gaining some ground despite all the arguments otherwise. I'm already completely convinced that the "low"(ish) gas prices are fully intended to be a "calming" mechanism used on the general public. (Don't expect it to last). But, that hasn't been enough and there's still a lot of public turmoil and growing aggression.

2. The posts here revel in the way the local Police team have handled this situation with excellent organization, method and bravado. While I can accept that they did a great job, we all know how much anger is being directed to the police force these days(I feel much of that is valid) and one can see how important it is to cast a positive light on the police from a government perspective.

3. Also, we have a policeman downed and again, while I feel for his life lost and his family's loss, isn't that just peculiar how this only exemplifies any positive spin on the topics of both police virtue and how terrorist activity takes many faces/religions? Also, it turns out the officer was an Evangelical Christian who was likely pro-life...

4. Little is readily apparent on the killer. This is a lesser point that is likely to change within a few days I'm sure, but, I don't know the last time at least SOME form of internet fingerprint wasn't accessible this early within an event. And that voting information stating he is a female is odd.

So, I just find it all a little too peculiar at how well this all fits into precisely the kind of example that the public "needed to see". And it all comes with bonus points regarding anti-gun and anti-terrorism/internet "safety"(restriction) measures. I'm not saying it's one thing or the other. I'm just saying it doesn't feel right and I'm likely completely incorrect and/or maybe feeling this way due to all I have read and observed making me distrust almost every event anymore.

edit on 28-11-2015 by gottaknow because: Changed "has" to "have" in my first point for grammatical reasons.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Terrible... three dead... heart goes out to the families.

CNN has identified the gunman, incase this has not been mentioned yet:

The suspected gunman is Robert Lewis Dear, 59, a law enforcement official told CNN. The official did not provide additional information.

Police captured him, but they're still working to pinpoint his motive -- and make sure he didn't leave any explosives inside or outside the Colorado Springs building.

CNN reports that witnesses say he was a stocky white man wearing a trenchcoat.

Some are saying this may be a botched bank robbery..... yea it's not looking like it at all.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Terrible... three dead... heart goes out to the families.

CNN has identified the gunman, incase this has not been mentioned yet:

The suspected gunman is Robert Lewis Dear, 59, a law enforcement official told CNN. The official did not provide additional information.

Police captured him, but they're still working to pinpoint his motive -- and make sure he didn't leave any explosives inside or outside the Colorado Springs building.

CNN reports that witnesses say he was a stocky white man wearing a trenchcoat.

Some are saying this may be a botched bank robbery..... yea it's not looking like it at all.

The bank robbery thing is kinda up in the air, as the gunman seems to have started the attack from near that location and moved into the pp office afterwards. According to some of the victims reports, he was going after a guy in the parking lot that tried to escape into the pp offices. Once there, he hunkered down and shot at random moving targets. Seemingly, the only link to Planned Parenthood is the location. He didn't seem to be targeting them at all, as he was shooting anyone and everyone in his path.

Also!
You claim you know the mans motive based on his race and appearance?
Bigotry much?
edit on Nov402023015Sat, 28 Nov 2015 02:40:35 -0600am0240 by Mightyrahiem because: Additions.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Bigotry much?

Defensive much? Me thinks you're alittle worried there.

I never stated to know his motive. I stated that it does not look like this was a botched bank robbery and it's beginning to look less and less so. And saying he was a "white man" is not bigotry.

Christ.....

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Bigotry much?

Defensive much? Me thinks you're alittle worried there.

I never stated to know his motive. I stated that it does not look like this was a botched bank robbery and it's beginning to look less and less so. And saying he was a "white man" is not bigotry.

Christ.....

The subtle implication that the white guy in a trench coat shooting people must be doing so for political reasons is more than a bit obvious. The botched bank thing is nothing more than speculation based on the location. There is no hypothesis going around that that is what happened. I brought it up because reporters brought it up at the time when much less was known.
Could it be the case? Possibly, I guess.
Do I think he attacked Planned Parenthood because "evil liberals"? No I don't. Despite all the press, the evidence doesn't point in that direction.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Do I think he attacked Planned Parenthood because "evil liberals"? No I don't. Despite all the press, the evidence doesn't point in that direction.

Hmm.

Details about the attack are still emerging, but police said that Dear entered the clinic on Friday afternoon and began firing at patients and employees. When first responders arrived, he opened fire on them, killing police officer Garrett Swasey.

www.inquisitr.com...

The gunman apparently began his deadly spree at the Planned Parenthood building, although it was not clear if his motive was related to the organization.

www.foxnews.com...

Buckley said the incident began when police got a call at 11:38 a.m. that a gunman had entered the building. Responding officers, she said, "encountered active gunfire." . Police do not know what connection, if any, the gunman has with Planned Parenthood, she said.

www.usatoday.com...

Reports seem to be pointing to the direction that he targeted PP specifically. It's very apparent.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: atlscribe
Just your run of the mill white domestic terrorist.

I'm just waiting for all the conservatives to start claiming he's just "mentally ill" and that this has nothing to do with his Christian/Conservative/Republican beliefs and allegiances.

While we're waiting for more info, everything we do know seems to be suggesting that this is exactly what he is - a conservative terrorist.

It was interesting on Twitter yesterday. The conservatives were out in force trying to claim that this was nothing to do with PP, that it was a bank robbery gone wrong. They kept this up even after the police stated live on air that this all started at PP and was all about PP, preferring to ignore that completely and keep on sharing a link from a right-wing conservative blog claiming it was nothing at all to do with PP.

Once they couldn't keep up that charade any longer 90% of them seemed to go suddenly silent. It was remarkable, one moment they were all there screaming some of the most vile things, claiming this was nothing to do with terrorism, nothing to do with conservative extremism, nothing to do with PP, then almost all of them suddenly vanished.

The remaining 10% started cheering on the terrorist claiming he was "doing Gods work" and other such extremist nonsense.

So, conservatives, if (when) it's revealed that this man was acting on the right-wing propaganda perpetuated by the Republican crazies and acting out as a conservative terrorist, will you all be apologizing for his actions? Because, you know, just as ALL MUSLIMS are responsible for Paris, ALL CONSERVATIVES are responsible for the actions of one of their own, right?

You better get that database started up just as Trump suggested, there are a lot of potential Conservative terrorists out there that need to be watched very closely.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Planned Parenthood Statement Regarding Developing Situation in Colorado:
"Our top priority is the safety of our patients and staff. Our hearts go out to everyone involved in this tragic situation".

How about the little ones who lives are stolen every single day thru plan parenthood!
This has to be the dumbest, insulting statement ever!

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian
I've posted links earlier showing that the attack began in the parking lot. He was firing at random and followed a man into the PP office. In my links is a video of an eyewitness who was shot at. He states pretty clearly that the man began shooting at random people in the parking lot and only entered into the PP building when someone was trying to get away from him.
Even after he entered the building, he spent some time shooting at people outside from through the doors and windows.
I was listening to the police scanners during the entire ordeal, as the incident took place right next door to my bank.
If he was targeting PP, he sure didn't make it a priority.

But go ahead, by all means. Believe what you want.
There are more than enough people in the media who would love to spin this to fit their agenda and there are plenty of people who would love this to be about "White racist gun nut conservative killing innocent people to please god".
They want to believe that because it would validate their own twisted beliefs that that type of person is running rampant.

edit on Nov305053015Sat, 28 Nov 2015 05:30:31 -0600am0530 by Mightyrahiem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
What is the meaningful difference between a "mass shooter" and a "terrorist"? Serious question.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I don't know, or care about the reason, but two facts brought to light to anyone listening the scanner and not the media are being confused, conflated, or ignored:

1. He definitely used an AK47. It was mentioned over and over again by the officer monitoring the security camera.

2. The shooting started outside the Planned Parenthood, and the shooter continued firing at people outside the building.

I don't care why these facts are being ignored, but they are.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join