It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US led coalition is thought to be responsible for bombing school in Syria killing 5 children

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Dunno....seems to me that we jump and scream over anything bad that a muslim person does meanwhile we bomb the holy hell out of civilians.

Couldnt agree more. There has been a lot of death and we only seem to get upset and exposed to the death but media focuses on the death of non Muslims.

happy days to you.. Nice to see your a mod now

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: sosobad

Feel free to show us that the US hit either school. Then feel free to show us which coalition member it was. The schools are in isis controlled territory so its doubtful they will let in a group to investigate.

You avoided my question on whether you accept the source from the june incident or not. I believe it, pro russians dont.

Why does it matter what I think of the source, I said I was indifferent to it. I don't obsess about sources. Of pro Russians don't like it that's their problem. Why hasn't it been mention in western msm? Do you agree they selectively report?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Under the 2001 AUMF against terrorism. While terrorists arent nations... Congress is not required to use the term "war" in order to authorize military action.

Right. "War" was redefined.

Which is terrible for the US win/loss record. Before we began misusing the word "War" on things like War on Drugs and War on Terrorism, we were virtually unbeatable, and used our war machine to save Europe from Hitler.

Now....we drag "wars" on for decades and kill women and children while carpet bombing villages in the MIddle East.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Under the 2001 AUMF against terrorism. While terrorists arent nations... Congress is not required to use the term "war" in order to authorize military action.

Yes but if its in a foreign nation should it not first be ratified by the UN..?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The op source is a msm source.. British to be exact.

Also -
CNN - Group alleges U.S.-led coalition air 'massacre' of 52 in Syria

Foxnews - Activist group says US-led airstrike in Syria killed 52 civilians; America to look into claim

Dailybeast - Did the U.S. Just Kill 5 Kids in Syria?

HuffPo - U.S.-Led Airstrikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians In Syria: Activists

Dailymail - U.S. airstrikes on ISIS 'killed Syrian civilians after mistaking grain silo for jihadist base'

Read more:
www.dailymail.co.uk... rights-group.html#ixzz3sivgo6Ws

They do cover it. My guess is since it doesnt fit with your agenda on demonizing the US you simply ignore it. I asked you about the source to get your stance on the group instead of just assuming what your stance may be. Sorry for asking you a question instead of just assuming.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

War was never redefined. The constitution places the authority with congress and there is no requirement on language. As for your observation on what the US does why ignore everyone else? I never understood a person who objects to civilian deaths from only one side.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

The UN charter only requires notification, not approval (Ch 7 art 51). Secondly when Syria authorizes airstrikes, like it did with the US, it again removes the UN.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

War was never redefined. The constitution places the authority with congress and there is no requirement on language. As for your observation on what the US does why ignore everyone else? I never understood a person who objects to civilian deaths from only one side.

Just because i am not actively objecting here, in this thread, doesn't mean I don't object. Besides, using moral equivocation only allows one to justify bad behavior because of someone else.

When we discuss "everyone else" Im usually happy to tender my opinion on them as well.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Civilians are being killed... by US, coalition, syrians and russians. What more do you want? That we go home because we killed civilians and let isis run free?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

One source you quoted the dailybeast refers to the children killed in June. The rest is about the silo they hit in May killing 52. Why are you trying to pass them off as the June story of coalition killing Syrian kids? The story from June was not as widely reported as you are making it out to be. This is my third time saying it, I don't give a toss about the telegraph either way. If news turns out to be true it's true no matter the source. Obessing over sources is asinine.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: chewi

Shame done really understand what the US is doing illegally bombing Syria. They have done nothing but help ISIS for the last two years. Russia done more damage to ISIS in a few days than the US down in two years.

Russia isn't even bombing ISIS.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

The op source is a msm source.. British to be exact.

Also -
CNN - Group alleges U.S.-led coalition air 'massacre' of 52 in Syria

That article is from May.

Take note that the article also cites barrel bombs and gas attacks being used on civilians by Assad's regime. Which is also in violation of international law.

But I'm sure the great civil libertarian Putin put a stop to the crimes of the Assad regime once he joined the fight. [/sarcasm]

I sure as hell wish my U.S. tax dollars weren't financing the bombing of anyone but all this pro-Russian rhetoric is disturbing. They're just as bad if not worse.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Put boots on the ground.

As a nation that "respects life", if we are willing to go to war we should be willing to do it in a less haphazard manner than dropping bombs on small villages and hoping that the huts ont he perimeter aren't obliterated.

Or, yes. come home and let ISIS do its thing. I don't foresee the day that they are able to really pose anthing more than a regional threat. Even what happened in Paris...all done by EU nationals.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

It was reported in western msm, including the iop source from the june incident. I alspo linked to several other stories covered by western msm dealing with civilian deaths and the US. You claimed the msm in the west was not covering these incidents when in fact you are wrong because they are.

I didnt pass them off as anything but the stories they cover. I was demonstrating that your claim about about msm in the west not covering these stories was false. Then you try and accuse me of trying to pass other stories off as something they arent which is also false.

Like I said you are incapable of admitting when you are wrong. Instead you lob baseless accusations to deflect.

The msm covers these stories. You ignore them because they dont support your agenda.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel
I agree... The US, nor myself, have ever claimed we have not killed civilians. I just dont understand why people feel civilians killed by countries other than the US is somehow ok.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
i hate internati0nalists. truly hate them.
i wish they could just rob people, which they already do, instead of murdering as well.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Don't support my agenda? What are you blathering on about now? I asked specifically why do you think that this story wasn't reported and you give one other link from daily beast and 5 others about one other incident. And oh if I had an agenda would I use these stories for it. They all say that the US killed innocent people. You need to have a coke and a smile and
Chill out you'll give yourself an aneurysm. Constantly on the need the one up everyone, you must be a hit at home.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

ISIS wont be defeated without boots on the ground. With that said Syria and others would scream bloody hell if we did. Russia could get away with it but they wouldnt be going after ISIS.

As for the attackers being EU nationals. From birth or via earlier family immigration. One was of Moroccan descent. We have ISIS cells in the US. The attacks that have been stopped dont always make the news.
edit on 27-11-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You asked why the msm didnt cover it. I showed you were wrong because they did. I showed you other instances where the US was accused of killing civilians that was also covered. Dont get pissy with me cause I showed you were wrong.

I dont need to one up someone when they were wrong to start out with. Maybe you should have that coke and rethink your strategy on trying to incorrectly blame the west msm for covering stories you falsely say they arent.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Whatever enjoy your aneurysm buddy

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join