It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US led coalition is thought to be responsible for bombing school in Syria killing 5 children

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: chewi
It does highlight the fact that all parties are culpable in the slaughter of innocents.

It's true that collateral damage is expected in war, but we don't even know if this particular strike was US-led.

No hard feelings, man. I've done the same thing myself and worse.
edit on 11/27/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Where did I say I dont agree with what it says? You really need to stop making stuff up. Secondly its from june and the op said why he posted it.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
aranews.net...

www.independent.co.uk... mbing-a6750591.html

2 more reporting with today's date.... Second one has tweets from 26 nov
edit on 27-11-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I was trying to link the independent and couldn't. So linked another without checking the date.
Big thanks to everyone for bearing with me. I am not new to the site but it is my second post I am still learning.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

edit on 27-11-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Tweet from 26 Nov showing shrapnel from missile
mobile.twitter.com...

m.startribune.com...

Reported half way down page

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
They are referring to the June incident. Doing more research...

Not the same as the op. Different school..

All are guilty -

West ?-

At least 250 civilians have been killed in Raqqa since the anti-ISIS strikes started, according monitoring groups.

Russia -

Meanwhile, local activists reported the death of some 400 civilians under Russian strikes in les than two months, 170 of them were women and children.

Syrian government -

More than 7000 civilians have been killed by Syrian regime’s airstrikes in Raqqa since January 2015, according to local civil rights activists.

I would like more info on the "monitoring agencies" and "rights groups".

Maybe check with the op to update his op to make it relevant?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Nice deflection

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

Nice deflection

Not at all.. I could of maintained my argument but I saw your info was new. The op's post is not however. You just cant admit when you make a mistake, where as I can. And you attack me for it.. sad

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

What mistake op said he couldn't get link to work so pulled different link with wrong date by mistake. You wanted to close the thread straight away. Then went into who's worse Russia or west mode and edited all your posts Deflection

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Because the op link is in fact from June and in fact has nothing to do with your post since the incidents arent the same. So yes, his current link is out of date, which is why I suggested he update with your newer info. I guess you missed that when you were attacking me.

I said all were guilty... Sorry I included info that shows russia is lying about killing civilians.

You wanna continue your temper tantrum and attack on me and continue to derail or discuss the topic?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Yes let's discuss it seeing as this is about the US led coalition hitting a school why do you think it hasn't been reported by western MSM? They killed 5 kids. Or why the other school that the US hit in June not been investigated yet?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Dunno....seems to me that we jump and scream over anything bad that a muslim person does meanwhile we bomb the holy hell out of civilians.

It brings that whole "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" thing into a much more personal perspective.
edit on 11/27/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Ok lets discuss his article. Which coalition member did it? Secondly are you ok with the source? Pro russians have said the source isnt trustworthy.

Its always sad when civilians are killed. Its a fact in a war zone.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Intentionally targeting civilians or no?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

US led coalition, there is only one country mentioned in the title. Granted it may not have been a US plane or it may have been but who is leading the strike? I don't care what other people say about the source, I am indifferent to it. So it's sad when the west bombs a school, no blame attributed to them at all in your eyes?

And you side stepped the question why do you think isn't the whole of the western msm up in arms about this? Do you agree they report selectively ie propaganda?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Intentionally targeting civilians or no?

My own personal opinion is that intentional or not, the end result is the same.

Which, after all the myriad civilians killed, makes the lack of concern look a lot more like "intentional" to me.

No, the imaginary hurdle of intention doesn't matter here. Because there is an enormous of bodies of people the US armed forces have killed unintentionally over the last 20 years. Here is one article that is a really good example of how we are swatting flies with a sledehammer:

www.theguardian.com...

Eight years later, Zawahiri is still alive. Seventy-six children and 29 adults, according to reports after the two strikes, are not.

However many Americans know who Zawahiri is, far fewer are familiar with Qari Hussain. Hussain was a deputy commander of the Pakistani Taliban, a militant group aligned with al-Qaida that trained the would-be Times Square bomber, Faisal Shahzad, before his unsuccessful 2010 attack. The drones first came for Hussain years before, on 29 January 2008. Then they came on 23 June 2009, 15 January 2010, 2 October 2010 and 7 October 2010.

Finally, on 15 October 2010, Hellfire missiles fired from a Predator or Reaper drone killed Hussain, the Pakistani Taliban later confirmed. For the death of a man whom practically no American can name, the US killed 128 people, 13 of them children, none of whom it meant to harm.

I don't care if its intentional or not. The fact is: its a complete deranged indifference. Which, in the US, is still murder.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Its always sad when civilians are killed. Its a fact in a war zone.

Out of curiosity, what nation are we at war with?

Without that, its not "war". Is a police action.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Feel free to show us that the US hit either school. Then feel free to show us which coalition member it was. The schools are in isis controlled territory so its doubtful they will let in a group to investigate.

You avoided my question on whether you accept the source from the june incident or not. I believe it, pro russians dont.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Under the 2001 AUMF against terrorism. While terrorists arent nations... Congress is not required to use the term "war" in order to authorize military action.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join