It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to bypass karma..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
So I was wondering about the principle of 'Karma' (action), and what it means in a more formulaic sense.

For example:
four people are involved in a conspiracy;
After intending on going through with the act, one of them changes his mind at the last minute, and backs out completely,
the second decides he wants the person dead, but can't go through with it and so just watches,
the third commits the act in front of the others, for example stabbing someone to death,
the fourth doesn't realise the group are committing a murder, and yet does nothing to stop the act itself...

in such a situation, where would the Karma distribute?
if such a force exists, surely there would be a formula or matrix to the physics behind it.
would backing out of the act before it happens make you exempt from the bad karma?
if you simply watched someone else do your dirty work, could you avoid the karma? Is that why so many TV villains have henchmen, and never get their hands dirty themselves?

surely the intent of the act in the first place would be enough - as is in the quran.
and in the Buddhist book of the dead it states that when your karma is weighed, your true intentions - deeper than even you at the time knew - come to pass judgment.

a second example would be:
if a man is sitting near a deep hole, and a blind man is walking towards the deep pit.
seeing the man is blind, he does nothing to stop him in any way, and the blind man falls into the pit and dies.
in this situation, who is to blame? would the man get negative karma simply for inaction?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
What's your angle on it? I can't judge.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
However, a spiritual man will make judgement on all things. I for one am ready for ploughshares.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
If you are born your karma is death. If you don't eat your karma is hunger. Karma is the reasonable result of a reasonable action--karma is common sense..To answer your question, if 4 men conspire to commit an act their karma is the individual result of each of the mens act of involvement. If one man murders someone his karma will either manifest internally as guilt or externally as either being arrested for the act or murdered by the parties involved in the act.

Does that make sense to you?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
yes, that makes sense.
but then what would happen upon the person's death?

The direct karma would be the arrest, but the spiritual karma surely would be the judgment after their death, isn't it?

for example plenty of people committed horrific acts, and were never held accountable for their crimes; and also had no remorse or guilt over the acts.
so they just die, and reincarnate, and they get away with whatever they want?

by that rationale then surely people could just do whatever they want and have nothing to worry about, so long as they have no compassion and are crafty enough not to get caught?
seems a bit of a cheat if you ask me...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: archongel

Even if a soul have no empathy while being alive on this level what will happen to a soul if it is infused with empathy and put in the state of knowing everything it caused.

The weighing of a soul can be both a wonderful experience and a negative experience or a piece of both. There is no way to cheat karma. In the end you always get what you deserve on one level or another.
edit on 24-11-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

My understanding is that if you act in 'God's Name' out of either kindness or necessity then the karma isn't accumulated. This doesn't mean you can use this to game the system, but it means that if you do not do something out of anger, greed etc. It is having pure intentions paired with a respect for the necessity of what is done.

For instance, killing an animal as a hunter is a necessity. If you do so with respect for nature and the life the animal gives so you can feed your family then there is no karma. If you take pleasure in the killing itself then karma is accumulated.

Hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

My understanding is that if you act in 'God's Name' out of either kindness or necessity then the karma isn't accumulated..

do you mean from the heart?
so for love/desire?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

seeing the man is blind, he does nothing to stop him in any way, and the blind man falls into the pit and dies. in this situation, who is to blame? would the man get negative karma simply for inaction?

I have no grip on the absolute workings of Karma, I don't know who would, but if you watch anyone fall in a pit when you could have stopped them, you'll probably spend some time "working" on the repercussions of that later...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Paying attention to the balance of ones own karma is basing ones attention and actions only on ones self, which to my understanding is not the point of karma in the first place. Accordingly then, I go about life with no concern about karma, which, if there is and maybe, if there is not, will become known to me in the fullness of my own existence.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If Karma is believed to be as judgmental and superstitious as the believe of Yah Weh, then dodging it just gonna make it come back even harder, wouldn't it.

I only have two views of karma, one being that Gods watching all the time, and the other being some what more realistic, using a whole bunch of proverbs or sayings. Every action has an opposite reaction, you get what you pay for, "Time to pay the Piper","reap what you sowed", Do unto other as you would done unto you, or the most famous one "Karmas a bitch."
edit on 24-11-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

You cannot cheat fate im afraid. What was it Marcus Aurelius said, "aut si quid est in vita in aeternum resonat" or "what we do in life echoes in eternity". There is always a price to pay whether we relies it or not, end of the day i imagine good judgment comes from experience.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Karma works in all circumstances and in cycles.
If you send out "bad karma" you can rest assured it will come back. "What goes around, comes around."

In your first example; all will receive a something in return because of their involvment to begin with; as my mother said "guilty the thought, guilty the dead". It may be a while coming but it will return. It may not even come back to them personally. It may strike a family member or good friend but they will know it was they who brought about its return. There is no way to know when or from where it will come but it will.

Just keep in mind, "karma always returns and karma always wins".

To answer the statement in your title. No you can't bypass karma.
edit on 24-11-2015 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

imo, there's no such thing as karma, only book keeping we do. the universe is random. things can happen good or bad at any given moment.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: reddragon2015

Dont know about that sentiment, personally i subscribe to the notion that human consciousness consists of more than the sum of its parts.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Each one of these people will do a life review after death from the perspectives of all involved, learning from their actions and the actions of the others so as to not repeat the mistake in the next lifetime.

If by doing what they did, it creates a much bigger issue for others it may lead to a karmic debt that will be paid the next lifetime around. They may find themselves as the victim in a similar circumstance.

At least that is how I understand it.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Karma kept the lower caste levels satisfied with their poverty. The poverty stricken castes believed they "deserved" their lot in life because of karma, and the wealthy and powerful must have good karma to have what they do.

Its sort of an Eastern version of the "American Dream" or "rags to riches" story.

If you're good enough, then just maybe -- just maybe you too can have greatness!

Karma kept the masses from rioting and kept them under control. It made being poor OK and deserved.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I suppose all religions could be considered to be nothing more than control constructs. Buddhism and/or Karma however seems to me to at least offer the possibility of a modicum of freedom of choice, even if the notion is an illusion of sorts.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Suppose it's quite lucky that God is exempt from Karmic debts considering Humanity would be rather an expensive overhead.

edit on 24-11-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
No such thing

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join